Register

Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby Kitmonk » Thu May 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Cenarius is also missing from the realm list you have.

Honored

Postby Andanas » Thu May 09, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi,

I received RoR in LFR yesterday, so I decided to try out Catus (v9). I'm having a minor issue when I use the reforge option, and the stats I get in Catus, vs. what I get in game after reforging. I have not changed the default settings, and after Catus reforges I have 2250 hit & exp, 3747 Mastery, and 3745 haste & crit. However when I export it to reforegade, and reforge in game I end up with 2730 hit, and 3565 crit. That's 180 crit, that somehow wound up in hit. The other stats matched up perfectly, but I can't figure out why hit & crit ended up that way.

My armory profile: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... s/advanced

Postby Kroníc » Thu May 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Andanas, you have to see if the results also asked you to change your gems/enchants as well. The 180 difference is Catus telling you to use 180 crit cloak enchant over 180 hit.

Honored

Postby Andanas » Thu May 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Kroníc wrote:Andanas, you have to see if the results also asked you to change your gems/enchants as well. The 180 difference is Catus telling you to use 180 crit cloak enchant over 180 hit.
Oh wow, I completely missed that. Thank you.

Postby Eluu » Thu May 09, 2013 2:50 pm

In Zephyrus v9 i get no api data error when trying to compare to armory or pressing the armory next to the name. So i can still reforge etc fine, but i have to check the gems with the item ids now :)

Attachments
Apierror.jpg
Apierror.jpg (43.58 KiB) Viewed 990 times

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu May 09, 2013 3:58 pm

Kitmonk wrote:Cenarius is also missing from the realm list you have.

Yep, can't do anything about it but wait for blizzard to fix unfortunately. You can input character as "Monk Realm!" as raffy said as a temporary work around.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu May 09, 2013 5:50 pm

The realm list updates every 24 hrs, so once blizzard fixes it on their end, Catus will fix itself. You can force it to repull the realm list by removing the X_Realms.json file in the Cache folder under one of the blizzard sub-domains.

I noticed I forgot to append an "!" after a successful player search, I'll do that for the next update. It dumb that it can resolve the proper player name/realm, and then fail because the realm won't validate.

It looks like if you have a space in your realm name, the "!" fix isn't sufficient. As a temporary fix, you can replace any space in the realm name with a dash ("-"), but you'll need to do this after you import (since it updates that field.) For your character, "Elumski Twisting-Nether!"

I've gotten a bunch of requests for finding a "minimal cost" reforge/gem/enchant configuration. I just wrote some code to minimize the number of total changes, to avoid A->B and B->A gem swaps. It still needs some extra logic to move JC gems around, I might try just including JC gems in the optimizer (which will cause them to get inserted efficiently without a special case.)

I am also adding a button called "Find Similar" that does a Reforge using "Near" (current Hit + current Exp) search with a Range of 5 and a Mastery Overflow matching your current mastery excess, it also keeps duplicates (basically ignores most of the interface settings). The goal of this function is to find a bunch of extremely similar configurations, from which you can choose the one that minimizes the number of changes required. I will list the number of changes (relative to the imported profile) in the solutions menu.

Postby Eluu » Thu May 09, 2013 5:58 pm

cheers the dash works

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Thu May 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Been messing around with Catus lately and really liking it. Is the trinket comparison working at all? Ticking 3-4 trinkets then clicking any of the buttons doesn't seem to do anything.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu May 09, 2013 7:35 pm

It works internally, but not via the interface. I should of just hidden those panels. Now that the reforger code is working, I'll do more with the simulator stuff.

Honored

Postby baver » Thu May 09, 2013 9:23 pm

Just test the latest version and omg how fast it goes now :) thanks for best program ever for ferals!

Honored

Postby Vami » Fri May 10, 2013 3:52 am

baver wrote:Just test the latest version and omg how fast it goes now :) thanks for best program ever for ferals!

I read that it's fast but... Wow, it was instant. Nice work. I was also going to suggest keeping the colors on the gems but I see it's done already, too. Awesome job again, raffy. :)

Postby Koukalaka » Fri May 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Hey, I really appreciate Zephyrus for my WW spec, but I was wondering if it would be possible to have the option to reforge to crit as your number 1 stat rather than mastery. This is mainly because I main a Brewmaster where proccing crit is more beneficial for dps and on 90% of the fights for tanking. I'd like to optimise it rather than just winging it with reforgelite and having a high delta.
Thanks in advance

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat May 11, 2013 6:43 am

Koukalaka wrote:Hey, I really appreciate Zephyrus for my WW spec, but I was wondering if it would be possible to have the option to reforge to crit as your number 1 stat rather than mastery. This is mainly because I main a Brewmaster where proccing crit is more beneficial for dps and on 90% of the fights for tanking. I'd like to optimise it rather than just winging it with reforgelite and having a high delta.
Thanks in advance

This is very possible, it just requires a lot of interface changes to make this easy (Overflow/Gaps need to swap, etc...) I'll consider it when I do another Zephyrus update.

Next Catus update has a bunch of new features:

Gem/enchant information is listed in reforge suggestions menu:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... hanges.png

Catus will also minimize the number of gem changes required, including matching against gems of similar stats (like Perfect Opal vs Onyx). It also will calculate reforging costs in the Gear Compare dialog.

The reforger has a menu to compute the reforging relative to a different profile than what is currently listed in the paper doll (Armory, Current Profile, or Snapshot). The problem that I was encountering was: once you reforged your gear, if you reforged it another time, the gem minimization would then be relative to the previous configuration, and not your original import. This might seem weird at first, but basically, if you're screwing around with Catus and designing a profile, you compute your reforges relative to the current profile. If you're trying to reforge your actual in-game gear, you make sure the reforger is relative to your armory, so it "resets" after each try. If you're experimenting with different ideas, you snapshot your paper doll, and then compute it relative to that. (I'm not exactly happy with this arrangement, but I don't know how else to do it.)

Once you've found a reforging that you like, you can search a bit deeper using "Find Similar". This feature will take your current Hit, Exp and minimum Mastery Overflow, search Near with a range of 0 (aka exactly same Hit and Exp), and find all solutions, including duplicates. This will give you a bunch of different options that all have the same score or better.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... imilar.png
Note: This will not find a better numerical solution than what can be found by normal reforging, but it may find one that results in less gems/enchants or being changed.

Catus has proper preferences now that will persist across updates. I also fixed the realm (re: space/dash "!") issue once and for all (although it never would of happened if Blizzard's realm api stuff didn't break.)

I'll release Catus v10 this weekend.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat May 11, 2013 3:19 pm

While you are in there could you have a look at your trinket lists. It seems that it does not have Heroic TF'd (541) options. For example I have the 541 Redataki's, and the 535 Bad Juju. I have had to swap between the two due to how much expertise I have. But the only way I can get it to show up in Catus is by having it equipped and importing from the armory. Then it works fine. But if I pull up the trinket list it only goes up to 535 options. It does have the 528 options available so I know it is looking for TF'd items. Thanks for the pro work.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat May 11, 2013 3:28 pm

As a temporary fix, you can just add the item id to Gear.txt and restart Catus. Or at the bottom of any gear menu, you can select "By item id..." and add it that way (although it wont persist across sessions.)

Soon this data will just pull from my website so I can update these changes on my side and they will apply automatically to everyone else's Catus.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon May 13, 2013 4:47 am

Catus v10 almost ready for a release, here are a few teasers, in addition to the many changes in the incomplete change log:

1:1:1 Reforger will now minimize gem/enchant changes and find similar reforgings: see above
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... hanges.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... imilar.png

I cleaned up the interface and simplified a bunch of stuff:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... leanup.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... erdoll.png
I removed the asian toggle and integrated it into the region menu; removed the stupid import checkboxes; moved the Race/Prof selection to the top; added more hyperlinks (to wowhead); enchants now have extra effect information; "tooltips" are easier to read; fucking set bonuses finally span multiple lines so they don't make the window nine-miles wide.

The boot process is much cleaner (and faster); removed a lot of periodic pausing; removed the indeterminate loader dialog that would occasionally popup when stuff was downloading. All downloads are isolated and have a more descriptive loading bar.

Most of the v10 changes are behind the hood: Catus finally has real preferences that will persist across updates. Gear.txt and Gems.txt pull from my webserver so I can broadcast changes to everyones Catus the moment items are available on the PTR. You can now add/edit items in Catus that will persist across uses:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... mEdit1.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... mEdit2.png
If you change races and it causes a faction change, Catus will automatically convert any gear to the proper faction (like if you load in a Night Elf's PvP gear and change it to Troll.) Consequentially, this means Catus is intelligent enough that if you manually add Arrowflight Medallion (alliance op: sw trinket) via the above interface, it will actually install both Arrowflight and the horde equivalent. Additionally, only one faction's gear needs to be added to my server-side "Gear.txt" for both to be available.

I split the "preferences" and the "gear/simulator settings" which are now called Configs.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... onfigs.png
With configs, I'm finally able to finish the A vs B simulator thing, since all I need to do is let you select two configs and hit a button. Configs will let you vary anything: you can easily simulate the difference between any option in the interface (in addition to the action list) and see what the effect is, as actual simulation results. Configs are human-readable json, so they can be exchanged easily, just like CompactGear and Reforgerade formats.

Simple but fun A vs B examples:
- How much more DPS do I do as Troll?
- Rune+Juju or Rune+Charm?
- Mastery reforge or 1:1:1 reforge?
- All red gems or satisfy socket bonuses?
- DoC vs HotW

Like Zephyrus, I started adding tooltips to explain what stuff does. Catus will now prompt you on launch if a new version is available and direct you to this thread.

Postby stormchen » Mon May 13, 2013 5:48 am

Hey Raffy!

Is it possible to add some stuff of the "RoR Reforger" to the "Mastery Reforger"?
It would be great, if the "Mastery Reforger" would also choose the best Hands / Back enchants and would choose the best gems.

Honored

Postby Etapicx » Mon May 13, 2013 9:48 am

The enchant changing options removes the Taioring enchant btw.

Postby Azul » Mon May 13, 2013 10:47 am

Hey all, long (long!) time lurker here.

Thought it was worth making an account to thank raffy for this awesome feral tool, great work dude, keep it up ! :D

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue May 14, 2013 3:46 am

stormchen wrote:Is it possible to add some stuff of the "RoR Reforger" to the "Mastery Reforger"?
It would be great, if the "Mastery Reforger" would also choose the best Hands / Back enchants and would choose the best gems.

I'll probably just make a Hit/Exp constrained reforger, like the Rune one, that tries to maximize Mastery, Haste, or Crit. The general purpose reforger is kind of dumb because it requires weights, which are difficult to develop and it isn't every efficient nor smart. This would share like 99% of the code with the Rune reforger, so it isn't much work.

Etapicx wrote:The enchant changing options removes the Taioring enchant btw.

Zephyrus warns you (via tooltip) that enabling this enchant will only choose between Hit and Crit. I'll make it ignore any enchant that has a profession requirement by default, regardless of the checkbox. So if you want it to choose the enchant, you need to clear it out, or change it one w/o a JC requirement.

Postby Hinalover » Tue May 14, 2013 3:47 pm

So I'm trying to do some testing on gear to be upgraded in Zephyrus. How exactly does the Import button in the bottom left work? Are you pulling in info from a specific source (ie SimC, etc)?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue May 14, 2013 5:50 pm

That import button is just for Reforgerade importing, which I guess is kind of pointless. I just copied it from Catus, where the intention is that you could import a Reforgerade that someone else generates for you. It was far more relevant when reforging took a long time, now that its super quick, it's unnecessary :p

Zephyrus will eventually get a paperdoll, but the code for it is rather complex. In the meantime, I can make it so the paperdoll code is editable in Zephyrus, so if you want to upgrade an item, you can add a +1 or +2 to the CompactGear code and get the desired effect (also this would let you potentially change anything: gear/gem/enchant/prof/race/etc...)

I pull most data from the official Blizzard API or my own PTR API (http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/wowhead.php). I get item scaling information from Simc because that data is hidden in the game data and not public.

Stil, with v9, you can technically do what you want, but it requires some work.

1. Quit Zephyrus.
2. Find your profile in the Cache folder. It will be under one of the battle.net subdomains matching your region (us.battle.net or w/e). The filename will be gibberish, like ABAC7313123ASF, so you might need to scan through a few of them (I will fix this in a future update.)
3. Edit your profile in a text editor (or json/javscript enabled editor)
4. For any item you want to upgrade, increase the "current" value to 0/1/2, which is inside the "upgrade" dictionary, inside the "tooltipParams" dictionary, corresponding to each item in your profile: upgrade": { "current": 1, ... }
5. Save the file.
6. Lock the file to prevent future changes or disconnect yourself from the internet (so Zephyrus is unable to refresh it) or edit the file within 30 seconds of your last Zephyrus import.
7. Relaunch Zephyrus and reimport your character.
8. Your stuff should be upgraded (you will see a +1 or +2 in the CompactGear code.)

Postby requital » Wed May 15, 2013 1:24 am

I love the program and the work you do for Monks but I'm kind of curious on a few things.

This is the suggested regemming.

Gems: 14 differences
Head/Gem#2: Fractured Sun's Radiance => Smooth Sun's Radiance
Neck/Gem#1: Perfect Quick Sunstone => Smooth Sun's Radiance
Shoulder/Gem#1: Keen Vermilion Onyx => Crafty Vermilion Onyx
Shoulder/Gem#2: Perfect Quick Sunstone => Smooth Sun's Radiance
Chest/Gem#1: Deft Vermilion Onyx => Wicked Vermilion Onyx
Hands/Gem#1: Perfect Adept Tiger Opal => Keen Vermilion Onyx
Waist/Gem#1: Adept Vermilion Onyx => Keen Vermilion Onyx
Waist/Gem#3: Quick Sun's Radiance => Fractured Sun's Radiance
Legs/Gem#1: Perfect Quick Sunstone => Fractured Sun's Radiance
Legs/Gem#2: Perfect Sensei's Alexandrite => Sensei's Wild Jade
Feet/Gem#1: Smooth Sun's Radiance => Fractured Sun's Radiance
Finger 2/Gem#1: Perfect Quick Sunstone => Fractured Sun's Radiance
Main Hand/Gem#1: Perfect Adept Tiger Opal => Keen Vermilion Onyx
Main Hand/Gem#2: Smooth Sun's Radiance => Fractured Sun's Radiance

As you can see there are a lot of gem suggestions that are just shifting the same gems to different pieces of gear.

Current gear has

1 Fractured, 5 Quick, 2 Smooth, 1 Keen, 1 Deft, 2 Adept, 1 Sensei

suggested

5 Fractured, 3 Smooth, 3 Keen, 1 Sensei, 1 Crafty, 1 Wicked

So you can easily save regemming most but not all gems. Is this because of using perfect cuts and the program doesn't use those or is it just because it handles calculations and ignores current gear gemming when you tell it to regem? I'm not really complaining so don't take it that way more so trying to help make it better or find better alternatives to completely regemming.

Postby Hinalover » Wed May 15, 2013 2:55 am

To tag along onto that comment, there is an issue with Perfect gems and their normal blue equivalent. Had this just appear on my reforging this evening.

Code: Select all
Waist/Gem#2: Perfect Smooth Sunstone => Smooth Sun's Radiance

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS