Register

Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Face-rippin fun.
Exalted

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby raffy » Tue May 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Damnit, I was not expecting that. I'd recommend not using the reforger until this is fixed. I'm not exactly sure what the issue is -- I thought everything was correct up until now.

I don't have the latest source available from my location so I can't fix until later tonight.

Thanks for the reports.

Edit: I'm calculating everything correctly. Either the simc item data is incorrect, or there is something strange with the ToT loot:
Code: Select all
{ 96742, "Lightning-Eye Hood" , "inv_helm_leather_raidrogue_m_01"       , 0x00001000, 0x40000000, false, true, true,  541,  90,    0,    0,  4,  1,  4,  2,  1,     0, 0.000000,    0.000, 0xffffffff, 0xffffffff, {   3,   7,  36,  49,  -1,  -1,  -1,  -1,  -1,  -1 }, { 1620, 2790, 1068, 1135,    0,    0,    0,    0,    0,    0 }, {  5259,  7889,  3246,  3661,     0,     0,     0,     0,     0,     0 }, { 1.500, 0.000, 0.500, 1.000, 0.000, 0.000000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000 }, {     0,     0,     0,     0,     0 }, {   0,   0,   0,   0,   0 }, {      -1,      -1,      -1,      -1,      -1 }, {     -1,     -1,     -1,     -1,     -1 }, {   1,   4,   0 },    0,  4829,    0,    0 },

{ 1.500, 0.000, 0.500, 1.000, 0.000, 0.000000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000 } is called the socket mod, which is some arbitrary penalty that each stat suffers because of socket bonus and sockets. Typically, that vector sums to 1.000, but for the ToT items, it isn't normalized.

Edit: Ah, I think I got it. Anyone got a profile with some pre-ToT 2/2 upgraded gear?

Edit: OK confirmed and fixed. I'll update Catus and Zephyrus tonight (to v11) and test out my new version check feature. Hopefully, anyone running v10 will get a prompt on launch (checks once per 12 hr period) that a new update is released.

Looks like I included the wrong ilvl 600 cloak (strength instead of agility). If there is any other common Feral gear that is missing, please let me know and I'll add the item levels to the server-side Gear.txt so everyone gets access to them.

If there is a piece of gear missing, you can always add it. When you (X) out a piece of gear, you get a gear menu of possible items for that slot. At the bottom of that menu, there is "Add Item..." and "Edit...". If you Edit, you can Add/Edit/Remove multiple items by Item ID. It will automatically find faction equivalents, discover item names, etc... These changes will persist across Catus launches (as with most settings now.)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... mEdit2.png

Additionally, if anyone gets some 516 heroic scenario gear, please equip it and link me your armory (or send me a copy of your profile JSON, like: http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/ ... elds=items). There is no efficient way to figure the suffix information; I just have to see examples.

Edit 9000: Probably a lot of the item data needs to be refreshed. My cache only pulls item data once. I'll add cache invalidation to v11. In the mean time, if you're doing anything that involves PvP gear, I recommend deleting the entire Cache folder (and relaunching Catus) so it pulls the latest copy of everything.

Edit: Fuck! If you do that, Capacitive meta breaks ("+324 Critical Strike, ...") because Blizzard ninja added a comma (because the previous "+324 Crit Strike" was non-standard). I just can't win.
Last edited by raffy on Tue May 21, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue May 21, 2013 5:52 pm

Glad to hear you found the issue. Here's a pastebin with the JSON profile for my character wearing 516 shoulders:
http://pastebin.com/jZDyL6Rz

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue May 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Cool thanks. I found a few others too. I think I understand the suffix groups now. v11 will support the new 516 gear and I'll include the item ids in the default gear list.

To prevent future problems, I'll add a feature tonight that diffs the reported armory data with my profile data to automatically detect and warn people if something is messed up. While it's easy to just copy the stats/items directly from the armory data (and sidestep the need to recalculate the scaled item stats myself), this prevents me from being able to change items/sockets/upgrades/etc. (without really funky math relative to your current armory) and it would make the paperdoll in Catus useless.

Also, it looks like my Simc gear exporter is using positive suffix ids (for random suffix gear), but both the Blizzard API and Simc are using negative numbers (I'm not sure why.) I also need to add conversions for all the simc stat names, so everything converts properly (I think I just have support for Agi/Sta, the secondaries, and a few others in v10.)

Postby Elimist » Tue May 21, 2013 8:10 pm

Heres another armory with an upgraded 516 item (Main Hand)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Elimist/advanced

And thank you for the amazing program :D impatiently waiting for the update!

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:52 pm

Very strange, the same ilvl item but different stats

Asia version:
Lightning-Eye Hood
HTF 549
Upgrade: 2/4
1746 Agi
3006 Stam
1151 Haste
1223 Mastery

EN/EU version:
Lightning-Eye Hood
HTF 549
Upgrade: 2/2
1764 Agi
3006 Stam
1157 Haste
1235 Mastery

5.3 will live tomorrow in Asia, I will report Upgrade 3/4 and 4/4 item stats.

Postby Hinalover » Tue May 21, 2013 9:13 pm

If you need
Tidesplitter Gloves of the Windflurry
Tidesplitter Jerkin of the Windstorm

let me know and I can equip it and send you a link of the id info.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 22, 2013 1:34 am

OK, I think I fixed this stuff. I updated Catus and Zephyrus to v11. The Simc Item Data should download faster now, I moved it over to my dropbox (the googlecode server seems to be throttled.)

I improved the Simc export function a bit more (added more stats, added tinkers.)

Armory gear stats are now validated on input, so if my computed stats don't match, it will complain and tell you to tell me it's broken.

I added the Tidesplitter and Mist Splitter gear. There appear to be other random suffix gear, but I haven't seen any examples yet. I fixed the 600 ilvl cloak so it's Agi now.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:52 am

v11.jpg
v11.jpg (27.03 KiB) Viewed 838 times

different in asia and en/eu version ilevel problem.

:cry:

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 22, 2013 1:57 am

The asia servers don't update until tomorrow correct? I believe it is failing because it's comparing 5.2 item scaling to 5.3 (which was the bug/change that caught me offguard)

The character you're failing to import is? http://tinyurl.com/c4k7xg4

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:05 am

raffy wrote:The asia servers don't update until tomorrow correct? I believe it is failing because it's comparing 5.2 item scaling to 5.3 (which was the bug/change that caught me offguard)

My character
http://tinyurl.com/coa27l3

I will report the asia item upgrade:3/4 and 4/4 tomorrow.

Thanks raffy.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 22, 2013 2:14 am

scorpio0920 wrote:
raffy wrote:The asia servers don't update until tomorrow correct? I believe it is failing because it's comparing 5.2 item scaling to 5.3 (which was the bug/change that caught me offguard)

My character
http://tinyurl.com/coa27l3

I will report the asia item upgrade:3/4 and 4/4 tomorrow.

Thanks raffy.

After I finish these 5.3 scenarios, I'll add a checkbox which lets you bypass the armory validation.

Edit: I won't be able to make this change until later. I'll add this in a new Catus preference section in v12.
Last edited by raffy on Wed May 22, 2013 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cipher » Wed May 22, 2013 2:31 am

First of all I would like to thank you for those 2 great reforge helper.
They are just awesome and saved me alot of time struggling around with the stats.

Just a small question. It seems that the Zephyrus download is broken.
When trying to download the latest or the previous version you always get a broken file which is only a few Kb large.
Catus seems to be fine.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 22, 2013 3:11 am

Cipher wrote:First of all I would like to thank you for those 2 great reforge helper.
They are just awesome and saved me alot of time struggling around with the stats.

Just a small question. It seems that the Zephyrus download is broken.
When trying to download the latest or the previous version you always get a broken file which is only a few Kb large.
Catus seems to be fine.

Fixed.

Postby Raolf » Wed May 22, 2013 3:36 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... f/advanced

I couldn't find a quick solution to use JSON, sorry.

Were you needing links for items with random enchants besides those from Heroic Scenarios?
I'm wearing the 489 boots from the Radical Mojo purchase.

Is there a self-service method I can use to pull in the correct stats if I get another item like this in the future?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 22, 2013 4:19 am

Thanks for the example. I made the change on my side, it will apply to everyones Catus within 24 hours. If you want to manually apply the change immediately, open your Cache folder and delete "Suffix.txt" inside "raffy.antistupid.com". When you relaunch Catus, it will get the latest version which has the proper suffix group.
558: 353,354,355,356,357 # disowner - agi (unconfirmed)
549: 353,354,355,356,357 # malcontent - agi
554: 353,354,355,356,357 # crimson schism - agi (unconfirmed)
577: 353,354,355,356,357 # tidesplitter - agi, mist splitter - agi

Those are the 4 suffix group ids for 5.3 agility gear, but I do not know what suffixes belong in each group (I'm just guessing right now.)

"Suffix.txt" maps each "Suffix Group Id" to a list of possible "Suffix Id's". A suffix group might signify a group of loot like"5.3patch, 516ilvl, Agility" and the individual suffixes inside of it might be "Stormblast", "Windstorm", etc... I've asked Blizzard to reveal this information but they haven't done it yet:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7922984087
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973390090#13
The same with upgradability: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8198643178

I'm currently missing an example of Disowner and a Crimson Schism random suffix item. I'll have a better solution to this eventually.

Edit: Surprisingly, the armory validator doesn't fail because the Armory JSON is also incomplete (it only includes Agility and Stamina):
http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/ ... elds=items
{...,"stats":[{"amount":851,"stat":3},{"amount":1277,"stat":7}],...}

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 22, 2013 4:43 am

I believe Blizzard has some bug in their item scaling/upgrade calculations.

I just pulled two different armory profiles for the same person, a few minutes apart, with the exact same items, and they are different. One was calculated using the 5.2 approach (the way v10 worked) and one was calculated using the "fixed" 5.3 approach (the way v11 works now.)

If your armory doesn't validate, try waiting a minute, and importing again. In Catus, you can hold down [alt] to force it to pull a fresh copy from Blizzard (otherwise it will only fetch new armory once every 30 seconds.)

@Raolf: I just pulled your armory data from Blizzard twice in 20 seconds and got different results (with different item scaling) so the bug is definitely on their side.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2989349/Char1.json
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2989349/Char2.json

Postby Raolf » Wed May 22, 2013 5:15 am

Yeah I'm seeing similar things--the armory isn't even updating the fact that I enchanted and re-equipped the bugged boots now--and I've logged out several times. If I put my non-bugged boots on, the change is reflected in seconds, as usual. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.

But you've created an awesome tool, here, and I'll tell every feral I meet about it:)

Postby Skugg » Wed May 22, 2013 6:43 am

hi! :) got this error today with the new version of Zephyrus

import failed

armory item validation failed: feet: boots of the still breath (Heroic)/Critical Strike Armory=357 Catus=359.

hope this can be fixed soon! :)

/skugg

Postby mexx » Wed May 22, 2013 6:44 am

Hey Guys,

the old version of Zephyrus v9 seems lil bit buggy, he gave me always 2 rating difference, ( need mast. highest ( 7168 ) but he gave me 7170 crit rating.

i downloaded the latest version of zephyrus v11. Theres a bug on import my char, "Unable to load item """"" Illegal argument exeption: Unknown key: Crit Rating.

I hope u can help me, and iam sorry 4 my bad english

greez mexx

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 22, 2013 6:58 am

I'm sorry for all the issues people are having. I can't solve the "armory item validation failed" issue until Blizzard fixes the problem on their end. The armory API is producing wacky data right now. My own armory is showing Edgy as mix of what what my gear was like 8 hours ago + what it was before I logged off.

@mexx, can you include your armory link? I can't reproduce this error. I think I packaged Zephyrus v11 as just a .jar file. Make sure Zephyrus is run inside it's own directory, so it can create a brand new Cache directory. If you just replaced the old Zephyrus.jar with the new Zephyrus.jar there may be issues because I've made a significant number of internal changes over the last few days. (Just deleting the Cache directory should work too.) Regardless, you'll probably encounter the armory issue that many people are having.

Postby Skugg » Wed May 22, 2013 7:01 am

raffy wrote:I'm sorry for all the issues people are having. I can't solve the "armory item validation failed" issue until Blizzard fixes the problem on their end. The armory API is producing wacky data right now. My own armory is showing Edgy as mix of what what my gear was like 8 hours ago + what it was before I logged off.

@mexx, can you include your armory link? I can't reproduce this error. I think I packaged Zephyrus v11 as just a .jar file. Make sure Zephyrus is run inside it's own directory, so it can create a brand new Cache directory. If you just replaced the old Zephyrus.jar with the new Zephyrus.jar there may be issues because I've made a significant number of internal changes over the last few days. (Just deleting the Cache directory should work too.) Regardless, you'll probably encounter the armory issue that many people are having.

:) yeah ive gotten some additional items showing now missing some secondary stats on em making zeph not working.

sad that blizzard cant have their armory working =/

thanks for two awesome programs btw! :) they really help alot!
Last edited by Skugg on Wed May 22, 2013 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby mexx » Wed May 22, 2013 7:05 am

Hey Raffy

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/b ... B8o/simple Armory Link

u mean i should delete old version v9, and delete cache folder in wow?

Postby mexx » Wed May 22, 2013 8:34 am

Still same Error when i wanna Import my char on zephyrus

Error Code: Unable to Load Item (95346): Java.lang.IllegalArgumentExpeption: Unknown Key: Crit Rating

Postby Raolf » Wed May 22, 2013 11:27 am

This is from the official WoW Bug Report Forum:

"http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/933034271"

Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not QA Bugs
4. Armory Information is incorrect/incomplete/out of date.

Example: The Armory page does not list a characters correct guild.

Errors in Armory information should be reported via the “Report an Error” link at the bottom of each Armory page or via e-mail at wowarmory@blizzard.com.

This seems a little off. I think I may submit it as a bug regardless. Does anyone remember this ever happening in the past? I didn't start using the armory or reforge tools until 2-3 years ago.

Postby CrazyCatLady » Wed May 22, 2013 12:30 pm

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... e/advanced

Something I noticed today: using v11 to reforge after upgrading 2/2 on both TF Horridon weapon and RoR (normal) yesterday and it's suggesting I use a shifting gem in purple socket on my weapon. This is a net loss of 20 agility as opposed to using a delicate ruby in the purple slot (160 agi w/ delicate gem vs 140 w/ 80 on shifting + 60 agility socket bonus). Not a huge loss but still, I find it odd that it prefers to match socket colors in this instance. I do have the "Can Break Bonuses" box checked.

Common sense tells me to ignore Catus and go for the 20 more agility by using a delicate gem. Other than the +120 stamina, is there a reason I'm not grasping to use the shifting gem instead?

Also just got this error when I clicked on the "Minimize Cost" button: Armory Item Validation Failed: Chest: Eternal Blossom Raiment/Critical Strike Armory=836 Catus=839. Please Notify Edgy/Raffy at teh FluidDruid.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS