Register

Edgy/Raffy's Catus Thread (Not 6.0 Ready Yet)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby Ookdooker » Wed May 22, 2013 1:16 pm

My armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Ookdooker/advanced
http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/burning-legion/ookdooker?fields=items

Zephyrus worked flawlessly the other day but now it keeps feeding me errors and complaining about my offhand mace (heroic scenario) and bracers (random stat bracers from twins.) Earlie,r when this did run, it was detecting the heroic scenario weapons as just a mace w/o stats when it was "of the Windflurry"

"ArmoryItem Validation Failed: Wrist Bracers of the Midnight Comet (Thunderforged)/Mastery armory=362 Catus=391. Please notify Edgy/Raffy at the FluidDruid."
Last edited by Ookdooker on Wed May 22, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 22, 2013 3:13 pm

I've logged in and out of my character in game a few times and I got my armory to update properly. Occasionally when I log out, it reverts to the old 5.2 stuff (where 516 items are broken and item validation fails.)

Here is a copy of Catus 11 with item validation turned off:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... lidate.zip

Warning: when you import, your enchants/upgrades/items/gems/whatever might not match live. Make sure they do, by checking each item individually (in-game vs Catus paperdoll) and sync them manually. Once you've done that, verify that your Cat stats (or reforge stats) are the same. Additionally, I'd suggest restricting your initial modifications to just classical reforging (no gems or enchants) and verify that all your stats match in-game. If that works, feel free to try other stuff.

@crazycatlady: I can reproduce that. Thanks for the report. Should be easy to fix.

Edit: it realizes that Red+Red is better, but it doesn't try it because Purple(as Hit)+Red scores higher. My rule for considering the "break bonus" permutation was only if the best possible color-preserving option was beaten by it. Instead, I changed it to consider the "break bonus" option if it beats the worst of the color-preserving options, and now it gems Red+Red in your weapon (or shoulder). This will be fixed in v12.

Postby Eluu » Wed May 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Is the Minimising cost working for others? For me it never ends, and i have to go to task manager to close the program.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 22, 2013 5:34 pm

Eluu wrote:Is the Minimising cost working for others? For me it never ends, and i have to go to task manager to close the program.

It's probably running out of memory. You could try launching Zephyrus.jar via the command line, by navigating to the Zephyrus directory and running: "java -Xmx4g -jar Zephyrus.jar" which will give it 4GB of breathing room.

The problem with Monk minimization is that there might end up being like 10+ million arrangements that are all off by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5+ gems. And I currently collect all of them, then compute the actual number of differences, sort them by score, and clean them up.

Edit: the minimizer also only runs on one core.

I will have a solution for this eventually. I need to move the gem minimization to the front of the algorithm, rather than at the end. Like, if I have a piece of gear with 2 ways of getting the same amount of stats, if I'm minimizing, I can automatically kill one of them by computing which one results in the smaller number of changes relative to your current gear.

In general, the gem/enchant/reforge space is ridiculously huge. If you have 16 slots and each piece of gear can be reforged 5 different ways, 3 enchants and each has 2 or 3 options, and each item gemmed like 1-60 different ways, you end up with like: 5^16 * 2.5^3 * 12^16 = 1e29 permutations.
Last edited by raffy on Wed May 22, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mew » Wed May 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Hey Raffy, great addon but getting this :
Error Code: Unable to Load Item (95346): Java.lang.IllegalArgumentExpeption: Unknown Key: Crit Rating

When trying to load with v11 (and the previous one i have is v6 that doesn"t work with upgraded items :( )

Postby Hinalover » Wed May 22, 2013 5:57 pm

Hey Raf, so far everything seems to be working just fine for me. Had one issue where a fractured and a smooth was switching places but besides that.... One suggestion is to copy the SimC export feature in Catus into Zephyrus. Would love to do some testing with the VP upgrades and future item upgrade rankings.

Mew wrote:Hey Raffy, great addon but getting this :
Error Code: Unable to Load Item (95346): Java.lang.IllegalArgumentExpeption: Unknown Key: Crit Rating

When trying to load with v11 (and the previous one i have is v6 that doesn"t work with upgraded items :( )

Actually I just now got this error. It looks like it's not registering the Legendary Meta.

Postby mexx » Wed May 22, 2013 6:04 pm

v11 works fine now for me

i didnt changed anything, got exactly results with it.

Great Job !

greez

Postby Ookdooker » Wed May 22, 2013 6:08 pm

I can import other monks but not my own character :\
Keeps giving the same error.

Postby CrazyCatLady » Wed May 22, 2013 6:25 pm

raffy wrote:Edit: it realizes that Red+Red is better, but it doesn't try it because Purple(as Hit)+Red scores higher. My rule for considering the "break bonus" permutation was only if the best possible color-preserving option was beaten by it. Instead, I changed it to consider the "break bonus" option if it beats the worst of the color-preserving options, and now it gems Red+Red in your weapon (or shoulder). This will be fixed in v12.

Sounds like a plan...thanks Edgy. >^.^<

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Hinalover wrote:Hey Raf, so far everything seems to be working just fine for me. Had one issue where a fractured and a smooth was switching places but besides that.... One suggestion is to copy the SimC export feature in Catus into Zephyrus. Would love to do some testing with the VP upgrades and future item upgrade rankings.

Mew wrote:Hey Raffy, great addon but getting this :

Actually I just now got this error. It looks like it's not registering the Legendary Meta.

OK, I finally understand this error. This is related to the armory bug. Apparently Blizzards cloud of servers is running two versions of their API (5.2 and 5.3). Occasionally, when you get armory or item information, your getting the wrong version.

In 5.3, Blizzard changed the wording on the Capacitive meta from "+324 Crit Strike and..." to "+324 Critical Strike, and" (added a comma, changed Crit to Critical). I had to add a special case to my parser to handle the non-standard "Crit Strike" but then 5.3 fixed it, so I removed that option (thinking it would never show up again). The error you are getting is because when you pulled the data for the meta gem, it randomly got the 5.2 version from Blizzard.

You can see this bug in action: just reload this file a few times, and you'll see it change between the two versions:
http://us.battle.net/api/wow/item/95346

To fix this, you can either delete your entire Cache folder (in the Zephyrus/Catus directory) or navigate inside this folder, find the "us.battle.net" directory, and delete the file "Item_95346.json". Then relaunch and try again. Repeat this process until the error disappears.

Most of these issues should fix themselves once Blizzard resolves all their patch bugs within the next few days.

Postby Elimist » Wed May 22, 2013 8:51 pm

Is there a way to add stats to an item in Zepherus? V11 is still not seeing the stats on my scenario sword, so im 500 over hit and exp cap.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 22, 2013 9:05 pm

Elimist wrote:Is there a way to add stats to an item in Zepherus? V11 is still not seeing the stats on my scenario sword, so im 500 over hit and exp cap.

You can, but it will be a hack and Zephyrus will overwrite the change you make after 24 hrs of you not modifying it again (unless I fix it on my side as well.)

In the Cache directory, find "raffy.antistupid.com", and then find "Suffix.txt"

Your off-hand is "Immaculate Pandaren Sword" ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/98272 ) which is in the suffix group "585" (according to the internal item data). Your sword has suffix "Galeburst" so I'll assume the Agility swords get all the standard agility suffixes.

Add the following text to Suffix.txt:
Code: Select all
585: 353,354,355,356,357

Then restart Zephyrus. I'll add this to my server-side Suffix.txt tonight so this change should stick.

Edit: I've made this change on my side; you can just delete the Suffix.txt and restart Zephyrus now.
Last edited by raffy on Thu May 23, 2013 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Frogged » Thu May 23, 2013 2:34 am

I've run into an issue while trying to use Zephyrus.

The program will spit out a reforge profile that has ~2900 hit rating and hybrid secondary/hit green gems in blue sockets, even if the check box "Can Break Bonuses" is checked. At first I thought the program was overvaluing Agility (the socket bonus), but when I put an "At Most" cap on Hit rating, it said 0 solutions found. If I change the blue sockets dropdown to "Hit and Stamina", it loads me up with Stamina gems and gives me a clean reforge. This leads me to believe that the "Can Break Bonuses" check box is nonfunctional as it's clearly not optimal to be at 2900 hit and still gemming hit or favor Stamina over additional secondary stats.

TL;DR Can Break Bonuses check box doesn't work and/or Agility is very overvalued in Zephyrus. (2x Secondary > 1 Agi)

Postby Feychan » Thu May 23, 2013 3:24 am

I just wanted to thank you again raffy. This program saves me not only a lot of time, it saves me from bad headaches too!
Zephyrus struggles with my armory atm. Is there a way to temporally "hack" it like Catus?
I've grown so attached to perfectly balanced stats... its hard to live without them. :D Especially with progress tonight!

Bug: The "Crit rating" thing
Char: Feychan on Blackrock-EU

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu May 23, 2013 4:30 am

Various troubleshooting:

Crit Rating Error
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&p=17046#p17057

Minimize Cost Doesn't Finish
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&p=17046#p17050
I will be upgrading this feature again in v12. I was too focused on generating an array of solutions ( https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... eStuff.png ) rather than just finding the best. I'm pretty sure I can shortcut a lot of this bullshit and get a fast answer.

I'm using a Random Suffix Weapon (and shit doesn't match up)
Delete your Suffix.txt (inside "Cache/raffy.antistupid.com/" directory)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&p=17046#p17060

Frogged wrote:I've run into an issue while trying to use Zephyrus.

The program will spit out a reforge profile that has ~2900 hit rating and hybrid secondary/hit green gems in blue sockets, even if the check box "Can Break Bonuses" is checked. At first I thought the program was overvaluing Agility (the socket bonus), but when I put an "At Most" cap on Hit rating, it said 0 solutions found. If I change the blue sockets dropdown to "Hit and Stamina", it loads me up with Stamina gems and gives me a clean reforge. This leads me to believe that the "Can Break Bonuses" check box is nonfunctional as it's clearly not optimal to be at 2900 hit and still gemming hit or favor Stamina over additional secondary stats.

TL;DR Can Break Bonuses check box doesn't work and/or Agility is very overvalued in Zephyrus. (2x Secondary > 1 Agi)
Link your armory (or character name and region) if you have problems!

Have you looked at "Find Bounds" to see how low your hit can actually go? Did it say no solutions for Hit/Exp or no solutions for 1:1:1?

"Can Break Bonuses" works, it just only applies if the best possible gems (that satisfies the socket bonus) is beaten by straight gemming your best gem (for monks, it would be yellows). I've changed this in v12, to consider breaking if it beats ANY of color-matched arrangements:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&p=17046#p17046

But, if you have JC gems (I don't know if you're a JC) in weird places (like in a colored slot instead of a prismatic slot) it won't be able to break the bonus (my reforger will not alter any enchant/gem with a profession requirement.)

Postby Eluu » Thu May 23, 2013 10:58 am

raffy wrote:
Eluu wrote:Is the Minimising cost working for others? For me it never ends, and i have to go to task manager to close the program.

It's probably running out of memory. You could try launching Zephyrus.jar via the command line, by navigating to the Zephyrus directory and running: "java -Xmx4g -jar Zephyrus.jar" which will give it 4GB of breathing room.

Thanks a lot this did the trick. Gotta say once again what a great program. Yesterday when Blizzard had "Synching" issues with their API it was pain to try and reforge and gem your gear after the upgrades :)

Postby Feychan » Thu May 23, 2013 12:24 pm

Too bad the solutions aim for Catus (Can't find a cache folder @ Zephyrus :( )
Hopefully the "crit" error will be fixed soon by blizzard!

Postby timmydactal » Thu May 23, 2013 1:35 pm

raffy wrote:Link your armory (or character name and region) if you have problems!

He is my guildmate and I introduced him to this, since he was originally doing his reforges manually.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... g/advanced

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu May 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Feychan wrote:Too bad the solutions aim for Catus (Can't find a cache folder @ Zephyrus :( )
Hopefully the "crit" error will be fixed soon by blizzard!
Both Catus and Zephyrus create a Cache folder in the same directory as the application (jar file.)

If you have no cache folder, you are probably running the program from the compressed archive:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574#p16593
First Launch
1. Download latest Zephyrus
2. Extract it somewhere (do not launch it from the compressed archive)
3. Open it (if you do not have Java, download the JRE)
4. Let it download necessary resources (this only needs to happen once)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu May 23, 2013 2:34 pm

timmydactal wrote:
raffy wrote:Link your armory (or character name and region) if you have problems!

He is my guildmate and I introduced him to this, since he was originally doing his reforges manually.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... g/advanced
At first glance, this did look odd to me (2832 Hit seems high for a decent ilvl Monk), but there are 2 important things to note. Compared to the current reforging:
1. the Zephyrus solution scores a higher rune score (41352 vs 41257, +85)
2. the Zephyrus solution is much better in terms of raw stats:
Sockets: 2 differences
Back/Bonus: None => +60 Agility
Main Hand/Bonus: None => +60 Agility

Stats: 6 differences
Agility: -40 Agi => +40 Agi
Critical Strike: -16 Crit => +16 Crit
Expertise: +36 Expertise => -36 Expertise
Haste: -23 Haste => +23 Haste
Hit: -140 Hit => +140 Hit
Mastery: -17 Mastery => +17 Mastery
=> 36 expertise vs {40 agility, 16 crit, 23 haste, 140 hit, 17 mastery}

Edit: the Zephyrus solution can probably be improved if it knew that you were over the hit cap. It is currently only breaking bonuses blindly using stat weights (without any regard for your hit/exp cap). Yeah, if I remove the weight for Hit and Exp, I can drop your hit/exp down to 2532/2578.

Edit: in v12, it will check to see if your actual hit/exp target is too far from the specified hit/exp target. If so, it will zero the hit/exp weights, so more bonuses are broken.

Stats: 2532 hit, 2578 exp, 8398 mastery, 8397 haste, 8973 crit
RuneScore: 41986 vs 41257 (+729)
Minimized: +1 enchant, +6 gems

Head : HitRating -> MasteryRating
Neck : ExpertiseRating -> MasteryRating
Shoulders : HitRating -> HasteRating
Back : CritRating -> HasteRating
Chest : ExpertiseRating -> CritRating
Waist : ExpertiseRating -> MasteryRating
Legs : HasteRating -> CritRating
Feet : CritRating -> HasteRating
Ring2 : HasteRating -> CritRating
Trinket2 : ExpertiseRating -> HasteRating
MainHand : HitRating -> CritRating

Gear: 0 differences

Reforges (226g 60s 1c): 11 differences
Neck: Expertise > Critical Strike => Expertise > Mastery
Shoulder: Hit > Mastery => Hit > Haste
Back: None => Critical Strike > Haste
Waist: Expertise > Critical Strike => Expertise > Mastery
Legs: Mastery > Critical Strike => Haste > Critical Strike
Wrist: Critical Strike > Mastery => None
Hands: Mastery > Haste => None
Finger 1: Haste > Expertise => None
Finger 2: Mastery > Critical Strike => Haste > Critical Strike
Trinket 2: Expertise > Mastery => Expertise > Haste
Main Hand: Hit > Haste => Hit > Critical Strike

Enchants: 1 difference
Hands: Enchant Gloves - Greater Haste => Enchant Gloves - Superior Mastery

Sockets: 4 differences
Shoulder/Bonus: +120 Haste => None
Waist/Bonus: +120 Haste => None
Hands/Bonus: +120 Agility => None
Main Hand/Bonus: None => +60 Agility

Gems: 6 differences
Shoulder/Gem#1: Adept Vermilion Onyx => Fractured Sun's Radiance
Chest/Gem#1: Adept Vermilion Onyx => Crafty Vermilion Onyx
Waist/Gem#1: Adept Vermilion Onyx => Quick Sun's Radiance
Hands/Gem#1: Lightning Wild Jade => Quick Sun's Radiance
Hands/Gem#2: Sensei's Wild Jade => Quick Sun's Radiance
Main Hand/Gem#1: Smooth Sun's Radiance => Piercing Wild Jade

Tinkers: 0 differences

Stats: 6 differences
Agility: +300 Agi => -300 Agi
Critical Strike: -144 Crit => +144 Crit
Expertise: +36 Expertise => -36 Expertise
Haste: -149 Haste => +149 Haste
Hit: +160 Hit => -160 Hit
Mastery: -143 Mastery => +143 Mastery

Postby Feychan » Thu May 23, 2013 5:15 pm

raffy wrote:If you have no cache folder, you are probably running the program from the compressed archive

Sadly thats not true :/

1. I download the latest Version.
2. I extract the folder "Zephyrus". -> "ds_store" and "Zephyrus.jar" are in the directory
3. I run "Zephyrus.jar" with java.
4. Insert my Char details and click "Armory" or "Import".
5. Error: Import Failed -> Unable to load item (95346)[...]Crit Rating
6. Check my folder: "ds_store" and "Zephyrus.jar" and nothing more.

Does the folder get created after successfully importing the char?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu May 23, 2013 5:32 pm

@feychan
What operating system (specifically) do you use?
The Cache folder should be created on launch. All that stuff that it downloads when Zephyrus is launched is put into that folder.

Do you mind searching your local storage for "sc_item_data.inc" or "Suffix.txt" and telling me where you find it? It's possible that the Cache folder is somewhere else (it's using your "working directory".)

Postby Frogged » Thu May 23, 2013 5:48 pm

A couple of things:

1. The reforge on my armory is by hand, not Zephyrus.

2. Zephyrus definitely optimizes my reforges and increases my DPS.

3. When blues are set to "Hit Only", it gives me this setup

Score: 41352 Hit: 2832 Exp: 2738 Mastery: 8272 Haste: 8271 Crit: 8269

But if "Hit and Stamina" is selected, I get

Score: 41352 Hit: 2672 Exp: 2578 Mastery: 8272 Haste: 8269 Crit: 8271

What I'm demonstrating here is that the hybrid Secondary/Stamina greens it's putting in could clearly be turned into pure yellows, losing the socket bonus but gaining DPS. If I take the second setup and lock the gems and manually change the greens to pures, I can get Zephyrus to give me secondaries in the ~8400 range, which is very significant. So while Zephyrus is very useful and amazing and does improve my reforges, it isn't doing so optimally (yet.)

Edit: Locking gems and adding one +8 upgrade to helm gives me,

Hit: 2567 Exp: 2578 Mastery: 8423 Haste: 8418 Crit: 8418

..and somewhere around -70 Agility, but still a vast improvement (and obviously the secondaries could even be closer if the gems were allowed to be unlocked while still breaking color.

4. When/where can I get v12? It sounds awesome. :)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu May 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Frogged wrote:4. When/where can I get v12? It sounds awesome. :)
Probably tonight, Zephyrus should notify you on launch when I update it. Zephyrus v12 got a few other minor changes:
- alt-enter to force profile reloading (like if you log out and are waiting for your armory to update, previously it would keep a cache for 30 seconds)
- simc gear export
- reforger111: break bonus if breaking gems >= worst non-breaking gems
- removed armory validation (catus scaling seems to match in-game so i don't care if it doesn't match the armory any more)
- reforger111: much faster minimized cost algorithm
- more under-the-hood stuff

Postby Feychan » Thu May 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Found the Cache @ C:\Windows\System32 on my Win 7 64bit system. Well.. that was annoying ^^
Deleting the cache did eliminate the error, but now I have another one with my legendary cloak. The values on the armory (displayed) seem to be accurate though.
Attachments
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (42.07 KiB) Viewed 594 times

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS