Register

Edgy/Raffy's Catus Thread (Not 6.0 Ready Yet)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby raffy » Wed May 29, 2013 3:09 am

Oops, that needs a better error message. It's failing to download the "sc_item_data.inc" file (which is required on launch). But the fact you have no Cache folder isn't good. The Cache silently fails because it's not necessary to actually have it (you'll just need to repopulate it every launch.) No Cache folder probably means it never tried to write anything, which probably means it can't download. The window just hangs there because I forgot to catch the "Unable to load item data" error :(

Can you try launching Catus from a privileged cmd prompt?
Start > Search: cmd > Right click: Run as admin
cd to Catus directory
java -jar Catus.jar

Edit: possibly you have a firewall blocking java from making outgoing connections?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed May 29, 2013 4:12 am

Something seems to be broken with the newest version, the Simulator: Distribution option is taking way way way longer than before.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 29, 2013 5:13 am

aggixx wrote:Something seems to be broken with the newest version, the Simulator: Distribution option is taking way way way longer than before.

Yeah sorry, I left logging on by default, so it's printing out a gzillion things. I'll update the Latest.zip in a few minutes. Soon, the simulator part should be much much faster.

Edit: I updated Catus-Latest (but didn't increase version number)
Edit: Just an FYI, for future Catus releases, you can just replace the Catus.jar file.
- exceptions during startup are now caught
- exp/hit weights are zero (so it properly uses stamina gems)
- new gem borders
- turned simulator logging off
- various minor fixes
Last edited by raffy on Wed May 29, 2013 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed May 29, 2013 5:29 am

Got the updated version, thanks for the quick fix.

Postby Varn » Wed May 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Hmm, no. Running the command prompt as an administrator has no visible change.
I doubt it is a firewall; I disabled the Windows Firewall completely, and uninstalled AVG (it had been ticking me off anyway).
I also un-installed and re-installed Java; and, due to it being Windows, restarted the computer multiple times. No difference.

I do see that the version you uploaded overnight reports the startup error in a window now ("An Error Occurred While Setting Up Blizzard API - Unable to Load Item Data") - but otherwise no change.

Any suggestions? The only thing I can think of is that I did mistakenly initially run the file while it was still zipped - but I don't see a sc_item_data.inc anywhere that might be conflicting.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Are you able to download this file directly?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... m_data.inc (10MB)
I assume since you can download Catus, you can get that file, but I want to check.

I just did a test starting Catus from a unprivileged directory (no write access) and directly from the archive (which I guess might copy to some temporary folder) and both work as expected. It just has to redownload everything on the next launch.

Something is preventing your Java from connecting to to the internet.

Download this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... etTest.zip
Run via cmd, and tell me what it prints out.

Postby Varn » Thu May 30, 2013 3:16 am

Thanks for the help so far.

Yes, able to download the file directly. Placing it in the main Catus directory, or a cache sub-folder I create myself, doesn't change the error message on running Catus.

Here is the output from running NetTest.jar (which makes me assume something's off in my Java or network settings too, but no idea what)

c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin>java -jar c:\catus\NetTest.jar
java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: connect
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.getNewH
ttpClient(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Sour
ce)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect
(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown So
urce)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(Unkn
own Source)
at nettest.Main.main(Main.java:22)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu May 30, 2013 3:26 am

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8216 ... nt-connect

Launch Catus with: java -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -jar Catus.jar

Edit: I can probably force this for future updates.

Edit: if anyone sees one of those new Malcontent helms with a socket, I'd like to see the armory. I'm not sure if the meta/yellow socket is part of the suffix or part of the item. Possibly I can remotely fix this.

Postby Varn » Thu May 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Running with the preferIPv4stack option fixed it, thank you.
With the new reforging, was even able to beat our resident #1 dps warrior for once. (Granted, on Ji-Kun, and I'm a troll and he isn't, but first time I managed ...)

Of course, now I read that if I'm building everything off the Re-Origination proc, I should really go with Dream of Cenarius ... which is likely to substantially hurt my dps until I work with it for a week or two ... but that's beyond the scope of this thread :)

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Fri May 31, 2013 1:36 am

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all your hard work making this program. Seems I'm using it a couple times a week every time I get a new item or I upgrade gear.

The 1 click reforge is amazing and I pointed my raid lead (brewmaster) to the monk version and he uses it all the time as well.

You need a Donate button sir, very much deserved.

Postby Hinalover » Fri May 31, 2013 7:51 pm

One suggestion, though not needed immediately, is whenever 5.4 goes onto the PTR, you should add a PTR mode so that we can play around with the next tier of gear. Basically all it does is it looks at the PTR ".inc" file instead of the normal ".inc" file. Granted it would also use PTR changes for the Catus version for the simulator and the changes done there but something to think about. Maybe have the code ready just not "visible."

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri May 31, 2013 8:10 pm

Currently, you can load in any PTR item by entering the item ID as a negative number. Negative ID's bypass the Blizzard API (which doesn't work with PTR stuff) and route through my PTR JSON API ( http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/wowhead.php ) which parses ptr.wowhead.com. The only problem is that the stats won't scale with item level (nor will random suffix stuff work.)

When the PTR data is available from simc, I can update the cache of the "sc_item_data" on my server, increase the taint number, and then everyone will gain access to scalable PTR items.

Additionally, I can add the new 5.4 gear to my server-side Gear.txt and everyone's Catus will have the new gear available in the slot/gear menus.

OT, is something wrong with wowhead.com? Edit: doesn't render right, looks like there's all kinds of javascript errors.

Postby Felade » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:42 pm

Zephyrus v13 isn't inserting the leg enchant if there's nothing on the gear already. It works fine if I already have an enchant there, but I put my fresh 522 tier legs on my Armory without the leg enchant, and it balanced my stats with 165 extra crit.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:51 am

Felade wrote:Zephyrus v13 isn't inserting the leg enchant if there's nothing on the gear already. It works fine if I already have an enchant there, but I put my fresh 522 tier legs on my Armory without the leg enchant, and it balanced my stats with 165 extra crit.
While this might make sense, this is not a feature I plan to support. You can add the enchant manually in Zephyrus by hitting "Edit Profile" and add "Shadowleather" to the line corresponding to your legs. Likewise, you can add a socket by appending "Socket" to any line.

Instead, I'll give Zephyrus an audit warning like Catus:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... -Audit.png

Postby Fortybones » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:12 am

I have a tiny suggestion/bug fix. When I'm comparing the reforge results of Catus (with Change Gems, Keep existing colors, Can Break Bonuses enabled) to Armory to see what all I need to change, I'll sometimes get gemming results like so:

Gems: 5 differences
Shoulder/Gem#2: Adept Vermilion Onyx => Deft Vermilion Onyx
Waist/Gem#1: Perfect Delicate Pandarian Garnet => Deft Vermilion Onyx
Waist/Gem#2: Deft Vermilion Onyx => None
Waist/Gem#3: Perfect Delicate Pandarian Garnet => None
Feet/Gem#1: Deft Vermilion Onyx => Adept Vermilion Onyx

And if I'm in a hurry I might not catch it and end up buying 2 gems I don't need. Many many thanks again for this tool, it's awesome.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Was this before or after hitting Minimize Cost?

Minimize Cost will remove all of the trivial gem swaps, like the one listed, but it also does much more advanced gem transformations, like: if you had a Red (160agi) and Blue(320hit) it will consider splitting that into 2xPurple (80agi/160hit) if that reduces cost (ie. you already had a purple gem in your gear.) It can also consider transformations that use gems with different names (but the same stats) and can resolve swaps that involve more than 2 gems. Lastly, it can do transformations that involve both enchants/gems/reforges, like: if you have a permutation of reforges that can give you +/- 170 secondary, that can free up your Hand enchant choice so it can match your existing gear.

Since the above calculation isn't necessarily easy, I can't perform this optimization for the typical search range because there's too many possibilities. So instead, it's two different steps. "Reforge" will find you all numerical the solutions that meet the interface criteria, but it might not minimize your gems/enchants (although it does try). "Minimize Cost" takes your current Hit/Exp/Mastery/Haste/Crit and finds you all possible solutions (including duplicate solutions) that have identical Hit/Exp and Mastery/Haste/Crit within 3. For example, it might find 50 different ways of getting exactly 2550/2550/X/Y/Z (which all give the same RuneScore) so it computes the differences of each one, and lists the solution with the fewest changes. The minimization is performed relative to your armory.

Postby Fortybones » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:33 pm

raffy wrote:Was this before or after hitting Minimize Cost?

Ok I hadn't used this because I thought it would give me sub-optimal results to save money. I'll try it next time! Thanks.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Fortybones wrote:
raffy wrote:Was this before or after hitting Minimize Cost?

Ok I hadn't used this because I thought it would give me sub-optimal results to save money. I'll try it next time! Thanks.

Minimize Cost will always be the same or better. If your gear already is 1:1:1 reforged, clicking this button should find your current solution (which will result in 0 changes needed) as long as your existing gem's are optimal.

Like normal Reforging, it gives multiple solutions, so you don't have to pick the first one.

Honored

Postby adianar » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Raffy,
Based on your software and Alaron's post, I was able to get my rune(LFR) and get a reforge 1 pt apart. Thanks for getting this pulled together for us kitties....

Adi

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Thanks! I've actually been pretty surprised with the response. I've had countless people logon to Suramar and thank me for Catus/Zephyrus. And when TFD forum was down the other weekend, I got bombed with about 50 emails saying "TFD is asking for a password, where can I get a download link?"

Typically, when I use my own software, I'm always like "oh shit this needs X, Y, and Z" and I'm never happy with it. I've been using Catus for all of ToT, and it's saved me considerable time and energy. I love being able to get a new loot and have a reforge already prepared instead of waiting until the next raid day to use it. And it's a good feeling knowing that it is the best possible configuration.

I think I discovered a pretty unique reforging technique that makes a very daunting combinatorial problem actually solvable. Doing reforges/gems/enchants exhaustively for 1:1:1 is reasonably complex and I haven't seen many other attempts. Catus will soon have a traditional reforger that functions like the 1:1:1 variant, so if the Rune gets replaced next tier, we'll be ready for it.

Additionally, I've received requests to make a Brewmaster version (that lets you choose Crit) and a few Rogues have expressed interest as well. I don't know how popular these options are so I haven't supported them yet. It's pretty easy to implement, but it adds another level of confusion (a spec menu) to Zephyrus.

Lastly, I still have a lot planned for Catus (as it's primary purpose is the simulator stuff). I might do an update later this week.

Postby stiggler » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Just want to say a big thanks for the effort to make Catus, its amazing. Amazing job on the Rune reforging etc:)

Stiggler

Postby Aprophidia » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:36 am

Anyone else having issues with Stormherald Reborn when importing from armory? "An unexpected error occured importing.... Unable to equip Stormherald, Robern: cannot use Two-hand Mace."

Postby Sagira » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:18 am

Hey,
i just wanted to thank you for that awesome piece of software, made my life so much easier :) Keep up the good work!

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:21 am

Aprophidia wrote:Anyone else having issues with Stormherald Reborn when importing from armory? "An unexpected error occured importing.... Unable to equip Stormherald, Robern: cannot use Two-hand Mace."

Oh damn, that's probably my mistake. I'll fix this weekend (possibly tomorrow), Catus will notify you when I make the change.

Postby sharkk121 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:39 am

An unexpected error occured importing szárk@ravenholdt/EU:

Crimson Schism Headpiece cannot be reforged as Mastery > Haste

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS