Register

Edgy/Raffy's Catus Thread (Not 6.0 Ready Yet)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby raffy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:29 am

Anyone do any Fen-Yu testing? It's kinda annoying to get the cloak.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... Flurry.txt
(timestamps are worthless because I was getting tons of net lag)

It's physical, benefits from -Armor and physical/all damage modifiers like SR, TF, NV.
It appears to get 10 attacks off within 3 seconds.
The cleave range appears to be super small.
The 20% AP equation appears correct.
I've never seen it crit, but I saw a few logs with an occasional crit.

I don't know the RPPM (possibly the tooltip is correct at 1.75).
I'll guess it has a 3sec ICD.
Sims about ~1.5-2.5% of my damage.

Item - Druid T16 Feral 2P Bonus
Omen of Clarity increases damage of Shred, Mangle, Swipe, and Ravage by 50% for 6 sec.
This gives the 2p value when we're fighting more than one-target. The previous 2p was worth 0 vs 5+ targets.

Dang, with so many Red sockets in the new T16 gear, if we stick with Agility-based gems, it's difficult to get tight 1:1:1 reforges. The setup I'm playing with has a ~500 secondary difference.
Spoiler: show
-99182 >mh :95346 :76692 # Head: [553] Headpiece of the Shattered Vale
-103749 >mh # Neck: [553] Immerseus' Crystalline Eye
-99184 :76692 :76692 "Greater Tiger Claw Inscription" # Shoulder: [553] Spaulders of the Shattered Vale
-102248 >ce :76692 "Superior Critical Strike" # Back: [600] Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen
-99180 >mh :76692 :76692 :76692 "Glorious Stats" # Chest: [553] Raiment of the Shattered Vale
-103910 >me "Greater Agility" # Wrist: [553] Bomber's Blackened Wristwatch
-99181 >ce :76692 :76692 "Synapse Springs" "Greater Haste" # Hands: [553] Grips of the Shattered Vale
-103928 >ch :76692 :76666 :76692 Socket # Waist: [553] Cord of Black Dreams
-103929 >me :76680 :76680 "Shadowleather Leg Armor" # Legs: [553] Riou's Vigilant Leggings
-103779 >mh :76680 "Blurred Speed" # Feet: [553] Pandaren Roofsprinters
-103843 >ct :76692 "Greater Agility" # Finger 1: [553] Ring of Restless Energy
-103844 >me :76692 "Greater Agility" # Finger 2: [553] Kil'ruk's Band of Ascendancy
96546 +8 # Trinket 1: [543] Rune of Re-Origination
-102292 # Trinket 2: [553] Assurance of Consequence
-103974 >ct :76692 :76692 Socket "Dancing Steel" # Main Hand: [553] Kor'kron Spire of Surpremacy

Not clipping a strong final Rake tick seems significant with the 553 profile: I just arbitrarily picked the 1.5 coeff, but this is worth more than 1K DPS.
rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&(action.rake.tick_damage>dot.rake.tick_dmg|(dot.rake.remains<3&action.rake.tick_damage>1.5*dot.rake.tick_dmg))

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:14 pm

raffy wrote:OK, fixed. Check Latest Beta.

I had both gem types in there, but the stat weights were balanced (2:1) so I could choose either one. I made 2 agility slightly less than 1 secondary (1.8:1) and also encouraged it to use greens instead of purples (my mistake). Purple gems are still in there, but green will be preferred.

Oops, I forgot to add the green gems :p

Umm, now it's just taking out the green gem and leaving the socket empty :lol:

raffy wrote:Not clipping a strong final Rake tick seems significant with the 553 profile: I just arbitrarily picked the 1.5 coeff, but this is worth more than 1K DPS.
rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&(action.rake.tick_damage>dot.rake.tick_dmg|(dot.rake.remains<3&action.rake.tick_damage>1.5*dot.rake.tick_dmg))

That's definitely interesting... so I take it it's just accepting the up to 1 second of rake downtime then?
Last edited by aggixx on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:25 pm

Oops, I didn't upload after I fixed it the second time, check it now. This update has a more accurate Fen-Yu, and fixed Ticking Ebon Detonator (20 stacks, losing 1 stack per second) and other changes I don't remember.

The HotW rotation clips Rake like crazy with that (new rake > mangle & new rake >= current rake) rule. It appears correct (it's higher DPS) but I guess I'm just used the DoC rotation (where the DoC charge functions like a guard on excessive clipping.)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:32 pm

aggixx wrote:That's definitely interesting... so I take it it's just accepting the up to 1 second of rake downtime then?

Yeah, all I've been doing recently is looking at combat logs (looking for strange stuff) and started seeing stuff like:
Clipped: Rake [1] +SR+Agi(19331)+Mastery(30494)-Crit(7871) 265385 > -62.49% > +SR+TF+Agi(1650) 99555

ticks remaining = [1]
current mods = +SR+Agi(19331)+Mastery(30494)-Crit(7871)
current avg dmg = 265385
new mods = +SR+TF+Agi(1650)
new avg dmg = 99555
dmg change = -62.49%

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:46 pm

aggixx wrote:
raffy wrote:OK, fixed. Check Latest Beta.

I had both gem types in there, but the stat weights were balanced (2:1) so I could choose either one. I made 2 agility slightly less than 1 secondary (1.8:1) and also encouraged it to use greens instead of purples (my mistake). Purple gems are still in there, but green will be preferred.

Oops, I forgot to add the green gems :p

Umm, now it's just taking out the green gem and leaving the socket empty :lol:

raffy wrote:Not clipping a strong final Rake tick seems significant with the 553 profile: I just arbitrarily picked the 1.5 coeff, but this is worth more than 1K DPS.

That's definitely interesting... so I take it it's just accepting the up to 1 second of rake downtime then?

I actually tried to do that for a while in simcraft and it definatly is a dps up (1.5 like you have above or a 66 ratio is actually about perfect iirc though anything from about 60-80 was all roughly the same), but it doesn't play well with ovale (anything utilizing rake ratios won't play well with the predictive box). However, I could probably live with that (I can make it show up, but it will sometimes suggest rake at 3 seconds and sometimes at 0, but the predictive box will always be the 0 version; but then again it does the same anytime rakeratio > 112). I'll probably add it back again and see how it feels in a raid (I only ever had it like that for target dummies).

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:26 pm

Could someone familiar with simming in catus try something akin to comparing this:

rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&(action.rake.tick_damage%dot.rake.tick_dmg>1.12|dot.rake.remains<3)

rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&((action.rake.tick_damage*(1+action.rake.crit_pct_current))%(dot.rake.tick_dmg*(1+dot.rake.crit_pct))>1.12|dot.rake.remains<3)

Basically the first line doesn't take crit% into account and the second does. The weird thing is the first is always higher dps than the second (by like 250+ dps so we're not talking a small change like with a lot of stuff that's in there). Changing the 1.12 up or down makes pretty much no difference (and when you get too far away from 1.12 the dps goes down further). My inclination is there's either something incorrect about the way I'm doing the logic or there's something incorrect in simcraft and how it deals with crits. I can't think of any reason why ignoring crits would give a better result (and its not skull banner as turning this off makes no detectable difference) but if catus shows the same thing, then clearly there is one and I would probably go ahead and remove crits from the ovale script if that were the case.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:18 pm

Catus does factor in crit properly, so the crit multiplier stuff is unnecessary. I'm currently using:
Code: Select all
rake,if=action.rake.tick_damage>action.mangle_cat.hit_damage&action.rake.tick_damage>=dot.rake.tick_dmg
rake,if=buff.rune_of_reorigination.up&dot.rake.remains<9&buff.rune_of_reorigination.remains<=1.5

Got some revised numbers now that Aggixx and I ironed out some simc/Catus issues.

"Don't Clip final tick of Rake if it's uber (1.5x)" seems be still be about ~1.5K DPS.

DoC (w/o NS) is now again about 3% ahead of HotW in T16.
(I was using an action list designed for the old 4pc bonus.)

My Shred/Mangle analysis from the other day needs redone.

Effect of Extra CP on 4pT16 with Rune/CDR:
0: 284100
1: 288554 (1.5%)
2: 292426 (2.9%)
3: 295869 (4.2%)
4: 297419 (4.7%)
5: 299120 (5.2%)
This explains the 5 -> 3cp "nerf" as this bonus is really strong when coupled with the CDR trinket (which amplifies the value of this bonus.)

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:11 pm

raffy wrote:Catus does factor in crit properly, so the crit multiplier stuff is unnecessary. I'm currently using:
Code: Select all
rake,if=action.rake.tick_damage>action.mangle_cat.hit_damage&action.rake.tick_damage>=dot.rake.tick_dmg
rake,if=buff.rune_of_reorigination.up&dot.rake.remains<9&buff.rune_of_reorigination.remains<=1.5

Yeah, but the thing is I'm seeing a DPS increase (in simcraft) when crit is NOT factored in. I wanted to try the same thing in catus (are there any instructions anywhere on simming in catus?) to see if this is some sort of simcraft fluke (which I suspect) or if that's actually the case.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:46 pm

I'll check this out. My guess would be one of the simc expressions is returning an incorrect value. While clipping higher raw tick values (but lower average damage) might work with unlucky rng, a large sim should resolve those issues.

I redid the Mangle, Shred, and Mangle+Shred analysis, using my own gear again, with DoC/SotF:
Mangle-only: 251149 // +10% more FB damage relative to Shred-only (+1% of total damage), but can't burn energy fast enough
Shred-only: 252133 (+0.4%)
Mangle+Shred: 252887 (+0.7%) // +7% more FB damage relative to Shred-only, no lost energy

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:11 am

I saw some people using Catus to get some sim numbers, so I wanted to update the beta, because I forget exactly where I left off with the fixes from last weekend:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... stBeta.zip

I haven't had much time recently to work on much, but I plan once again on trying to finish v14 this weekend.

Edit:

I'm debating about adding a PTR switch, especially with the RPPM changes, it would be useful to sim it w/ and w/o the RPPM changes. The only problem I see with this, is that it is "temporary" since it has no value once 5.4 is live.

I've finally made it so PTR gear will automatically refresh when I update it on my PTR API. This should prevent all future PTR gear-related issues when items are changed (like trinket passive stats -> procs.)

I should have another beta up this weekend with all the latest changes, but I won't have enough time to finish v14 :(

Postby CalliatTN » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:32 am

Hi, i'd like to apologize ahead, as i assume my questions is probably covered somewhere in these 18 pages of forum. Couldn't find it on the first page thought, so here goes.
I downloaded Catus, and found the 1:1:1 reforge button and all, and it gives a list of the final statweights i can achieve, but how do i see what to reforge on what items (and/or gem/enchant) to achieve this?

The reason being i got HC Renataki and HC TF lei shen wep, and both of them have so much damn expertise on them, i doubt i can verify using both. So i wanted to test how little expertise i can end with, and then try to see if it's worth it.

Atm i'm using HC TF Horri wep, bad juju and rune. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... t/advanced
I'm assuming if i can only go for either rena or shen's wep, rena will be the better upgrade, as it's HC compared to my normal trinks, and shen's weapon really only is better because of the socket's color?

Shred on Brothers and sisters!
~ Calliat

Honored

Postby Andanas » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 am

CalliatTN wrote:Hi, i'd like to apologize ahead, as i assume my questions is probably covered somewhere in these 18 pages of forum. Couldn't find it on the first page thought, so here goes.
I downloaded Catus, and found the 1:1:1 reforge button and all, and it gives a list of the final stat weights i can achieve, but how do i see what to reforge on what items (and/or gem/enchant) to achieve this?
On the right hand side, in the "Gear Compare" section, you will see 'Compare to: [Snapshot] [Armory]. Click on [Armory], and that will compare the changes Catus has made to what is currently on your armory. You can see the gem, and enchant changes there. It has the reforge changes as well. If you use an addon like Reforgeade, you'll find the [Reforge] button on the left hand side, that'll bring up a reforge list you can copy/paste into Reforgeade.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:29 am

Additionally, if you use the Catus beta (link above) there is now a shopping list button:

I've updated the Catus beta to reflect the latest RPPM changes. Most of the RPPM data is visible in the tooltip descriptions. "Hasted-RPPM" indicates it also scales with haste (but is not factored into the displayed RPPM coefficient.)

Catus will now stay up-to-date with my PTR item API and refetch items when new PTR data is available or I make changes to my API. This is the first step in moving over to my API to all item data. This completely avoids needing to parse Wowhead XML and HTML, to use my EyeOfTheBlackPrice file, and the Simc ItemData file (10MB+). Soon, I'll enable batch downloading, so instead of making a bunch of sequential HTTP JSON queries, Catus can download all of the new item data in one request. This should drastically improve boot time after changes have been made.

I've updated Gear.txt with all the latest gear:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... a/Gear.txt

I experimented with a submenu that let you quickly swap between {Raid finder, Flex, Normal, Thunderformed, Heroic, Heroic Thunderforged} but I don't know if it helps. I also shortened the colored gem names, so they're easier to see.
Last edited by raffy on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

Postby CalliatTN » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:45 am

Got it now! Thanks :D

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Raffy: a bit off-topic and probably a silly personal request so ignore it if you don't have time.
----

Would it be possible to have an option for the simulator to exclude simultaneous procs on both trinkets (so their effects don't overlap). I'm just trying to get an idea on median vs. worst-case dps distribution scenarios live vs ptr.

Alright, cheers! <3

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:50 pm

First set of trinket results, for 549 BiS Profile:
Old: Image
New: Image
As expected Charm is #1 now, but what the fuck is the ICD VP trinket doing in there...sigh. These results are still preliminary so don't go jumping off any bridges yet. Also, that Old table included NS and use 5min RPPM idle, which is probably a 4% gain.

Poor trinket alignment is only one type of bad luck. Better worst-case DPS analysis can come lower quantiles of the DPS distribution. Conveniently, almost all of the distributions are nearly-gaussian:

Using the Mean and Stdev, you can get any quantile you want, for example: 25% quantile performance would be: Mean + (-0.67) * Stdev
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=In ... %2C+.25%5D
(somehow I screwed up the standard deviation numbers in the older plots but they're fixed now.)

Edit:
A closer look at VP vs Juju:
For a 7.5 +/- 1min fight, the VP trinket will proc either 4 or 5 times (the two blue spikes in the VP uptime plot). The Juju however, appears to proc anywhere from 2 to 10+ times (+ various combinations of overlapping procs.) The best VP sims aren't as good as the Juju, but the worst VP sims aren't as bad as the Juju.

Edit:
Here is some more Flurry data:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... Flurry.txt
It can crit now. Apparently it can refresh itself (I assumed it had an ICD preventing this.)
Last edited by raffy on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:44 am

Thanks Raffy, that's exactly what happened to me this week on Lei Shen and Ra-den HC (60k and 30k below personal records from a month ago). Minimal trinket overlaps and very low proc rates. Boy was I pissed.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:38 am

I have a new theory: we've overlooked Rune + Talisman of Bloodlust. I added the "Haste/Crit Gap" stuff to the 1:1:1 reforger for a reason -- so I could sim this trinket properly -- but I never ended up doing any proper simulations with it because initially it looked like it was complete garbage.

There's still a lot to optimize, but I've taken the BiS T15H profile, equipped 549 Rune and 549 Talisman, and then reforged w/secondaries, to 11k:11:4k. Ideally, you'd want to get an 8k gap (4 stacks, or 10k for 5 stacks) but this requires getting a lot of Crit/Mastery pieces. The Legendary cloak already has 1k haste, so it might be difficult.

This ends up being really weird: we gain a ton of secondaries through the Talisman. While at 3 stacks or fewer, we essentially have a 1:1:1 balance, but with ~3K higher secondary stats than normal, 7600:7600:7600 -> 11000:11000:4000+6000, resulting in a 40K+ Mastery buff (33% higher). Above 4 stacks, a Rune proc gives us insane haste (44K+), ~0.4 swing timer, tons energy, more OOC procs. I have a sim with #1. 30%+ Melee damage and #2. 20%+ Shred damage. It gets even more insane with T16, because the 2p gives +50% on Shred/Mangle for 5sec after OoC. I'm seeing the 2p buff getting refreshed during a Hasted-Rune proc. The action list isn't even optimized for a hasted Rune proc either, as I'm energy capping, and I'm seeing very poor BitW Rip damage (so this could be improved, /cancelaura Bloodlust buff near 25% if stacks are too high.) Overall, I think there's a lot of potential here. I'll post some more concrete results soon.

Edit: I know it doesn't beat Rune+AoC, but it's interesting to experiment with.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:32 am

raffy wrote:I have a new theory: we've overlooked Rune + Talisman of Bloodlust. I added the "Haste/Crit Gap" stuff to the 1:1:1 reforger for a reason -- so I could sim this trinket properly -- but I never ended up doing any proper simulations with it because initially it looked like it was complete garbage.

There's still a lot to optimize, but I've taken the BiS T15H profile, equipped 549 Rune and 549 Talisman, and then reforged w/secondaries, to 11k:11:4k. Ideally, you'd want to get an 8k gap (4 stacks, or 10k for 5 stacks) but this requires getting a lot of Crit/Mastery pieces. The Legendary cloak already has 1k haste, so it might be difficult.

This ends up being really weird: we gain a ton of secondaries through the Talisman. While at 3 stacks or fewer, we essentially have a 1:1:1 balance, but with ~3K higher secondary stats than normal, 7600:7600:7600 -> 11000:11000:4000+6000, resulting in a 40K+ Mastery buff (33% higher). Above 4 stacks, a Rune proc gives us insane haste (44K+), ~0.4 swing timer, tons energy, more OOC procs. I have a sim with #1. 30%+ Melee damage and #2. 20%+ Shred damage. It gets even more insane with T16, because the 2p gives +50% on Shred/Mangle for 5sec after OoC. I'm seeing the 2p buff getting refreshed during a Hasted-Rune proc. The action list isn't even optimized for a hasted Rune proc either, as I'm energy capping, and I'm seeing very poor BitW Rip damage (so this could be improved, /cancelaura Bloodlust buff near 25% if stacks are too high.) Overall, I think there's a lot of potential here. I'll post some more concrete results soon.

Edit: I know it doesn't beat Rune+AoC, but it's interesting to experiment with.

Wow, that sounds really amazing. But isn't a 11k/11/k/4k reforge like.... impossible? I mean... you can only go so low. Wouldn't that push the reforging difficulty further and further up the higher you go (reforging -8k is going to be more difficult with more total secondary if my napkin math is right). Still, probably won't drop Renataki for it, but still, it's an interesting observation. We always get these random haste trinket drops now that we're clearing heroics, might pick one up and do some testing. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: by that extension, couldn't we also sim Windsong with reforges like 10k/8k/8k? To the Catus-mobile!

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:56 pm

I did try it during 5.2 PTR, didn't work out well. Obviously there's some things (T16 2p) that make it a lot more viable now.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:56 pm

How does a non-heroic Rune hold up next patch? Is it gonna be BiS still or does the lack of ilvl hold it back (I doubt I'm gonna get one before next patch hits, we're 10/13 25H atm)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:06 pm

I'll do a trinket table tonight with Soul Charm and Juju + all the different Runes. I'm in a similar boat, 0/5 for Heroic Rune :( That bastard Tinderhoof got TF Rune on second kill!

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Im in the same boat Raffy. This week will be my 3rd Heroic Lei Shen kill and I haven't seen a Rune drop since week 2 of Normal.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:06 pm

aggixx wrote:I did try it during 5.2 PTR, didn't work out well. Obviously there's some things (T16 2p) that make it a lot more viable now.

I tried doing reforges for a setup with HC TF Talisman (9170 haste) and I just can't get any viable ones in T15 HC gear. The closest I got was 10.6k/5.6k/5.6k and I couldn't get any higher without matching crit further (without lowering crit as well I can't even get beyond a 3k gap). I guess one way you could play it is to cancel the talisman proc if you're at more than 3 stacks w/o Rune active but that would require changes to the action list.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:00 pm

I've mostly been playing with T16 configurations, but here is a T15 one that's decent and can absorb 4 stacks:
Hit: 2651, Expertise: 2556, Mastery: 11941, Haste: 4019, Crit: 11366
Spoiler: show
96581 +8 >hc :95346 :76697 # Head: [543] Headpiece of the Haunted Forest
96815 +8 >hc :76697 # Neck: [549] Quadra-Head Brooch
96583 +8 >he :76671 :76700 "Greater Tiger Claw Inscription" # Shoulder: [543] Spaulders of the Haunted Forest
98148 +8 >te :76659 "Superior Critical Strike" # Back: [608] Tigerfang Wrap
95033 +8 >tm :76659 :76671 :76671 "Glorious Stats" # Chest: [549] Chestguard of Coruscating Blades
96912 /339 +8 >mc :76700 "Greater Agility" # Wrist: [549] Bracers of the Midnight Comet
96580 +8 >em :76659 "Synapse Springs" "Superior Mastery" # Hands: [543] Grips of the Haunted Forest
94998 +8 :76700 :76700 :76700 Socket # Waist: [549] Strap of Murderous Strikes
96582 +8 >tc :76700 :76643 "Primal Leg Reinforcements" # Legs: [543] Legguards of the Haunted Forest
96903 +8 >ce :76697 "Blurred Speed" # Feet: [549] Spurs of the Storm Cavalry
95021 +8 >tc :76643 # Finger 1: [549] Ra-den's Swift Seal
96740 +8 >tc # Finger 2: [549] Sign of the Bloodied God
96864 +8 # Trinket 1: [549] Talisman of Bloodlust
96918 +8 # Trinket 2: [549] Rune of Re-Origination
96978 +8 :76700 :76700 Socket "Dancing Steel" # Main Hand: [549] Darkwood Spiritstaff

Mostly, I was just surprised that this was viable. But we can't have AoC+Rune+Talisman, and Talisman requires Rune, and AoC is awesome, so it's a dead end.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS