Register

New kitty, few questions

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

New kitty, few questions

Postby chiwhisox » Sat May 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi all,

Recently decided to start a kitty alt. Not quite 90 yet, but want to be ready when I get there. Few quick questions....

1. Is there a comprehensive guide to the DoC playstyle? I keep hearing how you don't want to screw it up, and if you aren't comfortable with it you'll actually lose dps. But what is there to do other than just...use HT on Pred Swift procs? I'm sure there's some nuance to trying to line up those HT's with your bleeds for maximum effect, but is there anything to it beyond that?

2. I've seen this mentioned a few times in passing, but wasn't quite sure: something about keeping trash up? Is that for single target now? I assume it's lower in priority than rip and rake, but want to make sure that's for single target and not just AOE.

3. In terms of useful addons for bleeds, I'm perfectly happy just using powerauras to track everything I need. But I was curious if there's an addon that will dynamically track stats and tell you when to overwrite your bleeds? I understand the basics; you want to overwrite Rake if TF is up and there's less than 9 seconds on rake, and getting a TF rip is also probably good. And obviously, depending on your trinkets there may be procs where it would be beneficial to line up bleeds with the procs. But beyond that, is there a reason to track DoT overwriting affliction style? And if so, what's the addon to use?

4. Lastly, I can't find a decent all in one guide that has lots of information and links to stuff. I don't see one here, and the guides on the WoW forums and icyveins both seem oudated. Does that exist anywhere?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions, but if you guys could help me with these to start that would be great. Thanks.

Exalted

Re: New kitty, few questions

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat May 11, 2013 3:12 pm

1. Not really a comprehensive guide. You are correct, its just using HT in the 8 seconds you have the PS proc. The hope is to use it when you have either 4 or 5 combo points so that you can buff a finisher. Rip is a priority, but FB is very nice too. However it's never perfect so you won't always get Rip buffed. The trick is making the most out of the 2 DoC charges and not letting the PS proc go to waste. It sounds pretty easy on paper. When it starts getting messy is when you realize you have to give up a GCD at the right time to buff stuff with out letting things fall off. Getting on a dummy and practicing is really your best way to get a feel for it. Getting Ovale and using the built in Leafkiller script will help a bunch in learning too.

2. Thrash is for all target! It is a DPS up to use Thrash on single target fights. You are right it is the lowest priority and you end up giving up FB's to use it. I would recommend getting used to the rotation before adding Thrash to the mix.

3. Drood Focus will track the bleed ratios of all 3 of your bleeds (the Icon Bar portion). It is a very VERY comprehensive addon. You can pick and choose the stuff you like and turn off the stuff you don't. It even has auras built in. There is also a Weak Aura set for bleeds on these forums. Check out the UI portion.

4. Most are out of date, or have mistaken info. Icy Veins is so so. I have been wanting to update the guide on the WoW Druid Forums, but just haven't found the time to do so. Run far far away from Noxxic (terribad).

Postby chiwhisox » Sat May 11, 2013 4:30 pm

Thanks for the help. For Drood Focus, do you think it's necessary? Just in terms of bars and auras, I can create those on my own just fine. I'm just wondering how common it is that it'll recommend a bleed overwrite outside of TF.

Honored

Postby Vami » Sat May 11, 2013 5:51 pm

For tracking how powerful bleeds currently are on the target and how powerful bleeds I could put up with my current stats, I like to use the WA script that Collie originally created and Stenhaldi later improved. There's a thread for the mod on these forums here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4446 . The WA simply tells the ratios for each bleed (Rip, Rake, Thrash), though it doesn't really recommend when to overwrite them. It depends also on the situation, anyway.

The need to overwrite them (especially Rake) is actually very common. When you play DoC spec, and have 2 trinkets that have a powerful proc, and Dancing Steel enchant...

About when to refresh each of the bleeds, I'm not really sure about the exact numbers, other than Rake should be overwritten if it's even only a bit better than the previous one. I'd imagine Rip and Thrash would need a bigger gap before it's beneficial to clip them early.

Return to Kitty DPS