Register

Brawler's guild rank 8 boss Hexos

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Brawler's guild rank 8 boss Hexos

Postby marvick300 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:39 am

Has any feral druid managed to kill Hexos in the Brawler's Guild? Right now i have having a really hard time keeping up rip, rake, and roar while rotating him around. I have read some other classes have been using cast sequence macros to do the damage but i have no idea how that would work for the feral druid.

Honored

Re: Brawler's guild rank 8 boss Hexos

Postby Vami » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:52 am

It is possible, you just need to focus on dodging the beams rather than dps. Imo feral is one of the hardest spec to actually kill that boss since we don't really do dps unless we follow the dots/buffs, whereas most can just spam one or two skills and have almost same dps as they normally do. When the glance at your timers kills you... Yeah. Learning to look at the dots and the beams at the same time was the challenge for us. But, it's possible, like I said. Good luck!

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:25 am

I just did 1-10 tonight, and of my deaths, 99% were to Hexos. I feel i just outgeared most of the fights (with the exception of the last guy) so this encounter was kind of interesting because I had to actually try. Often, I was doing the fights wrong, but with HotW heals and good DPS, I could just burn through most of the stuff.

Most of difficulty for me came from confusing my cat's orientation with the "north/up" direction. It feels weird when your cat is like jhooked way to the right and yet you go straight through the hex gap. Try as hard as possible to ignore your cat physics and just focus on keeping the gap in the center. I zoomed out as far as I could (which isn't that far), did top down view, and put a piece of tape on my display (in the middle) as a vertical guide. I think I used SotF and HotW and used Renataki/Juju (instead of Rune.)

Honored

Postby Vami » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:31 am

raffy wrote: put a piece of tape on my display (in the middle) as a vertical guide.

Haha, I did that too! I think it helped.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:10 am

1. Install Ovale
  2. Install Nerien's Ovale Scripts
  3. Use Leafkiller's script.
  4. Put Ovale in a place where you can easily see it with your peripheral vision
  5. ???
  6. Profit!

Postby Regular » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:40 am

I'm having a hard time trying to kill Ahoo'ru. I'm having real trouble in first phase, so are there any ferals that could give me tips on how to kill this guy so I can get my mount.

Honored

Postby AsgardFM » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Regular wrote:I'm having a hard time trying to kill Ahoo'ru. I'm having real trouble in first phase, so are there any ferals that could give me tips on how to kill this guy so I can get my mount.

Which problem are you having in P1 exactly? Not enough damage, dying to the balls, dying to the adds, positioning the charge?

There's a fair bit going on in that fight so just want to narrow down what is going wrong.

Postby Regular » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:53 pm

Having trouble killing the adds and when I do bring the shield down I got like 40 seconds to burn him down. What's a great way to the kill adds as feral one by one or get three an aoe them down?

Honored

Postby AsgardFM » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:32 pm

From what I remember, I spawned one add and did Rip/Rake then went and spawned the second. Rip/Rake that, a few AoE attacks and the first should charge Ahoo'ru. Spawn the third and repeat until he's active.
If your DPS is still a bit low, spawn the third before the first add charges and add a bit more aoe. All active at once just means a bit more to watch for if the second starts charging a bit early.

DPS requirement is quite tight on that fight altogether, I entered phase 2 with 55 seconds left and killed him just after the enrage passed (fire falling at the other end of the arena). I find that fight can depend a lot on your gear level.

As an aside, was running SotF and Dream of Cenarius. Not the most burst of setups but the one I was most comfortable with.

Honored

Postby baver » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:25 pm

first of all you never want to attack the boss when he spawns, he will heal upp to 100% befor second phase so save your trinkteprocc for adds! I would try to get soul swap from a warlock and just apply bleeds on first target and get him to 50% fast and then when he start to charge you you can put on those bleeds on the second add and he should proberbly go kinda low with those trinket bleeds!

Postby Regular » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:11 am

what ilvl were you when you kill Ahoo'ru? I'm 537 and my best attempt so far is 14%. I rake/rip the first add then that is usually enough to being him down to 50% let me charge, then I spawn the second rake/rip and then I spawn third rake/rip him let him charge. The time till enrage is usually about 50 seconds when I go into second phase.

Postby Athen » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:43 am

When i killed Ahoo'ru i was about Ilvl 525. In phase 1 i did nothing else to those adds than rake and trash them. After putting those bleeds i chased for the next add. I dont remember but i think you need only about 1 million dmg per add to drop below 50%. So adding rip wasnt realy necessary. Get 3 adds as fast as possible and dont focus too much on a single add. Just rake/trash/swipe them down. Dispersion helped me alot to reach those sparks fast enough without getting too much dmg from those little stars. Due to my low ilvl i had to beat phase 1 realy fast. When i killed Ahoo'ru i got 1 min and 10 sec left for phase 2. I believe i used sotf and doc but i switched many times and even natures vigil semmed to be viable.

edit: I used a weakaura to warn me when an add is about to charge

Return to Kitty DPS