Register

Back

Face-rippin fun.
Exalted

Back

Postby Konungr » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:09 am

Well, I'm finally back, after a 6 month hiatus. I'm still working 3 jobs and probably won't be able to find a Heroic Progression guild that works with my tight schedule, but I had to come back. I haven't played since about a month into MoP and I'm sure there have been a lot of changes, and I figured the easiest way to get a grip on what's going on was to see what my favorite community had to say... So without further ado, anything I need to know?

Revered

Re: Back

Postby Sibylle » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:52 am

Welcome back :)

I was gone for pretty much the same amount of time as you, and came back a few weeks ago. Not much has changed, we got a mild but nice buff and are way too strong in PvP at the moment, with the usual result that they are nerfing us across the board. In particular, there are proposed changes to DoC in patch 5.4 that we are not too happy about, to put it mildly (there's a thread about it too). Also the set bonuses are very lacklustre, and there are feedback threads on the official Blizz forums about all those as well.

Other than that - we are mostly out of dailies hell and have a nifty raid, Throne of Thunder, which I have only seen the first half of and on my priest, as I'm still gearing my new kitty druid. I'm also catching up on the legendary quest - will you bother with that at all? It's a lot of work but I just can't keep my paws off it.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:51 am

Well, like I said, I doubt I'm going to find any guild that is pushing the heroic progression I'm looking for that raiding times will fit my schedule (at least not until I move my night job to part time and my day job to full time)... I don't forsee myself being able to obtain the legendary or anything of the like, not missing half the expansion like this.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:02 pm

The only real change we have received since the start of MoP was they finally fixed the 1.5 second GCD on HT for Feral. There was a Natures Vigil change (Damage buff halfed, and cooldown halfed) but PVE druids didn't really notice.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:There was a Natures Vigil change (Damage buff halfed, and cooldown halfed) but PVE druids didn't really notice.

It went from mediocre in most cases to slightly more than mediocre so now it's more or less a dead talent in PvE. It originally got nerfed because of the burst it caused in PvP and PvP ferals no longer take it either.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:32 pm

So what is the preferred 6th tier talent?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:53 pm

Heart of the Wild for utility when needed (6 min CD buff to tranquility) or Dream of Cenarius for damage-dealing (beats HotW by 3% or so).

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Relic of Xuen good?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:36 pm

Upgraded it's a very solid performer before you start getting trinkets out of ToT. Also get the Shado-Pan Assault valor trinket (better option).

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Vicious Talisman of SPA?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:08 pm

That's the one. Enjoy the hit you don't need.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:30 pm

I thought we were capping Hit/Exp now...

Postby Annalese » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Its very easy to go waaaay over hit/exp cap in this current tier, especially with VP upgrades being available.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:47 pm

ah ok

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Annalese wrote:Its very easy to go waaaay over hit/exp cap in this current tier, especially with VP upgrades being available.

Understatement of the year.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:36 am

Oh, oh! And we're using Mangle instead of Shred for building Combo Points. Yes, really :shock:
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby Masticor » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:23 am

Which can be nice when some Bosses seem to have a combination of OCD and Paranoia and keep turning at the worst moment. Iron Qon in his first Phase, the moment you pool Energy and are about to shred close to energy cap he goes "Uh whats that over there? Hey was that always on the left? Oh look a priest on my right! Ah you behind me take that!" -.-

Postby Spirea » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:25 am

Sibylle wrote:Oh, oh! And we're using Mangle instead of Shred for building Combo Points. Yes, really :shock:

Why exactly should Mangle be the main CP-generator?

Postby Felucia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:37 am

aggixx wrote:
Tinderhoof wrote:There was a Natures Vigil change (Damage buff halfed, and cooldown halfed) but PVE druids didn't really notice.

It went from mediocre in most cases to slightly more than mediocre so now it's more or less a dead talent in PvE. It originally got nerfed because of the burst it caused in PvP and PvP ferals no longer take it either.

why do you say its a dead talent?
I agree the damage is lower, but when activated i put out about 100k hp/s, so i actually prefer it on fights like Ra'den, Lei Shen, Dark Animus(you hardly get to stand for a few seconds cause of anima font, so no tranq there) and also any fight that requires a lot of healing and often(Magaera). It's also useful for any fight in which you have damage increases like Jinrokh and Horridon, as the heal scales with your damage.

meow

Postby Masticor » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:42 am

I think he meant that if you are only looking at the damage output, HotWs passive dmg boost beats NV.

Postby Annalese » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:06 pm

So if you wanna get some quick upgrades to start doing Throne of Thunder LFR (min ilvl is 480, armory says you're 475):

-There are 502 boots you can get as part of the current lore chain (starts @Lorewalker Cho in Eternal Blossoms, near where all the Archaeology people hang out above Mogushan Palace), its agi/stam/hit/exp but it'll be a nice boost
-If you can get 2 buddies to run Heroic Scenarios, its a good way to get extra VP plus the "goodie bag" at the end has a chance at ilevel 516 gear. It may not have the best stat combos, but its a good way to beef up your ilevel for LFR.
-Blood Spirit Gear (ilevel 496, chest and gloves) may be relatively cheap since many people have sharded their T14 gear by now and you can purchase blood spirits with valor (plus you get a chance of getting them in the LFR baggies).
-Most of the pre 5.2 valor gear costs have been halved (Golden Lotus rep, Shadopan, Aug Cel, etc). The reputation pre-requisite for Shado-pan and Aug Celestials (Being Revered with Golden Lotus) is gone, so you can start doing all those reps.

Those are the immediate sources of upgrades I can think of.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:23 pm

Felucia wrote:why do you say its a dead talent?

It's a dead talent because almost nobody takes it, and for good reason. I didn't mean it was useless.
Spirea wrote:Why exactly should Mangle be the main CP-generator?

Both generate the same number of combo points, mangle costs less energy. Shred and Mangle are a small portion of our damage so increasing that by 20% (shred's damage modifier) is not significant enough to outweigh the CP generation.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:57 pm

Thank you Annalese, I appreciate that.

I got Gao-Rei in LFR just now, I'm so excited, I was using a 463 Blue named Ghostheart...

Honored

Postby mekell » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:41 am

One thing that may not be obvious to someone returning is that item upgrading is back, and its cheaper than before as far as valor points goes. Its now only 250vp per upgrade (max of 2 upgrades for a total of 8 ilevels)

Honored

Postby mekell » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:42 pm

I guess i should also say, Welcome back, Konungr!

Next

Return to Kitty DPS