Register

Rune and Renataki causing Rune proc issue

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Rune and Renataki causing Rune proc issue

Postby bacevicius » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Hello kitties, I recently put in a ticket because I happened across a google forum list that says Renataki's and RORO can cause RORO not to proc within the rrpm time frame or go for longer than the rppm suggests it should proc. The response I got was that " IT seems the renataki is causing issues with roro will look into it and post a hot fix asap" that's what I got, Has anyone heard of this at all?

Honored

Re: RORO and Renataki causing RORO proc issue

Postby baver » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:16 pm

I feel that juju have the same problem, its realy rare they both procc at the pull nowdays

Exalted

Re: RORO and Renataki causing RORO proc issue

Postby raffy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Their procs are independent.

I just clicked a random H Lei Shen parse from July 24 ( http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rovsq71h ... =196&e=804 ), clicked the Feral (Rejswka), looked at all the Rip ticks, saw there was a non-crit tick above 150K. The only way that is possible is with both Renataki + Rune.

Maximum out-of-combat RPPM reset is 1000 seconds (~17 minutes). You're not guaranteed to get both trinket procs within 10 seconds on pull if your typical trash/wipe turn-around is ~3 minutes.

Catus Rip Table: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... ejswka.txt

Honored

Re: Rune and Renataki causing Rune proc issue

Postby teddabear » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Is it still true that mass res messes up the reset time? Not counting the obvious difference in run back time.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:51 pm

I don't know where that came from. All of the casters in my guild were demanding rez's during our Lei Shen attempts because they said their trinkets wouldn't proc for a full minute after zoning in.

For me I had both mass rez, single rez, and zoning back in and Rune never failed to proc with in the first 3 hits of anything.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Yeah, due to its high proc rate, Rune only requires a little over 2 minutes of downtime to guarantee a proc. Most trinkets require closer to 5 minutes, and changing zones (e.g. releasing) does reset this. Getting resurrected (including mass res) does not reset it. So if you want the lower proc rate trinkets (Renataki’s Soul Charm, Bad Juju, Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun, Wushoolay’s Final Choice, Breath of the Hydra, and Unerring Vision of Lei Shen) to proc on the pull, you shouldn't release.

Return to Kitty DPS