Register

Edit: I don't suck (so much) anymore.

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Edit: I don't suck (so much) anymore.

Postby CuTtLeD » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:47 am

Steakbomb wrote:Try

/cast [@mouseover] Soul Swap

Couldn't get that to work either(must be doing something wrong), but somehow this worked

/tar mouseover
/cast Soul Swap
/targetlasttarget

I was under the impression the quoted macro is the same as this one, just with less clutter...
“Journalist:
Congressman Kucinich, I believe you're the only one here who voted against the PATRIOT act right away after 9/11. Why is that?

His Reply:
Because I read it.”

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:44 pm

We had our first look at Heroic Horridon the other night and some guildies tried @focus macros like that for the pink dino and found them not working. I used the full /tar, /cast, /targetlasttarget and found it worked perfectly.

Might be some sort of issue with the @stuff at the moment?

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:03 pm

RareBeast wrote:We had our first look at Heroic Horridon the other night and some guildies tried @focus macros like that for the pink dino and found them not working. I used the full /tar, /cast, /targetlasttarget and found it worked perfectly.

Might be some sort of issue with the @stuff at the moment?

Nope. I use focus macros all the time. Just tested one on my rogue.

/cast [@focus] Kick

Worked fine.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:56 am

Try instead:

/cast [@mouseover] Symbiosis

I don't know if that'll work any better or not. Does have the advantage of working with all symbiosis abilities though (anything that doesn't require a target still works, it just ignores the target data).

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:59 am

This thread has veered far from the original topic so I'm just going to drop in to say that one of the mages of that raid I was subbing in, has decided to take a break from WoW and I've been offered the spot *happy kitty*

Thanks again, folks :D
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby cg1351 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Sibylle wrote:This thread has veered far from the original topic so I'm just going to drop in to say that one of the mages of that raid I was subbing in, has decided to take a break from WoW and I've been offered the spot *happy kitty*

Thanks again, folks :D

GZ :) this website is great for ferals learning all the cool tricks that up dps slightly one at a time but you gotta remember there are no shortcuts :) When i came back from quitting last year i had to adapt to doc (before nv nerf i had better dps with burst spec because i was doing every rip with tf and doc messed that up) and rune maximising etc so i ran lfr like 10 times (all 4 parts 10x each) in the first 2 days and sat at the dummys practicing for over an hour each run until it felt instinctive/natural. If you wanna be the best you gotta put in work :P I'm sure most of the ferals here do their priority list/rotation without even thinking about it now, I know i do atleast (it allows you to focus on mechanics whilst doing your maximum damage).

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:49 pm

Oh gods, I hear ya! Thankfully I adore the spec and so all the practice is actually fun :) I didn't think I'd be this rusty when I first came back, but you live and learn...!
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby cg1351 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:21 am

Sibylle wrote:Oh gods, I hear ya! Thankfully I adore the spec and so all the practice is actually fun :) I didn't think I'd be this rusty when I first came back, but you live and learn...!

Yeh that always helps :D And tell me about it.. first time i opened wow again sat there staring at the screen thinking wow this looks weird, thankfully years of nolifing built up some muscle memory for all 70+ keybinds lol

Postby Moonrip » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Well you said that you did like 108k when you had ilvl 513. And thats not so bad. I have ilvl 510 and im glad if I can do 65k. Thats bad. You got any advice for me ?

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:16 am

Moonrip wrote:Well you said that you did like 108k when you had ilvl 513. And thats not so bad. I have ilvl 510 and im glad if I can do 65k. Thats bad. You got any advice for me ?

Without logs or similar it's hard to say, but here's where it was for me:
- I got my savage roar, rake, and rip uptimes to 95%+ (that one's the biggie. If you disregard everything else but have SR, Rake, and a 5-combo-point Rip on the boss at all times, you can't possibly do bad dps).
- I got my Thrash uptime to 70%+. Even on single target it's a big dps gain. Use any clearcasting proc for it, but also apply it otherwise, UNLESS it would interfere with SR, Rake, and Rip uptimes.
- I stopped mashing buttons. I now use abilities when I have the energy for them. This has stopped me from missing clearcasting procs and other mistakes I used to make.

Once I had all the above in place, I also started paying attention to bleed ratios. I recommend DroodFocus for that, I've configured it to ONLY show SR, Rip, Rake, and Thrash, and when there's a green dot on any of them, I refresh the bleed. Grey, and I keep it running as long as possible.

Also, always use Tiger's Fury when it's available, and when Berserk is available, use Tiger's Fury and Berserk together. Throw a potion on top and cackle madly ;)

Good luck!
-Sibylle

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:11 pm

Woah! Got to post somewhere before I burst, and this is "my" thread so why not do it here.

Patch finally dropped in Europe today, I hurried home from work to install everything and then we had a raid. Got the first bosses down up to and including Sha of Pride, whom I LOVE - but he's the first boss I did proper dps on. The first lot just irritated me. EVERY fight seemed to be horrible for ferals. I'll post about the individual bosses in the Raid Strategies forum, hoping to get a few tips because while it was fun to finally see the SoO raid, it wasn't fun to do such miserable damage.

I hope it gets better from here on in. Sha was certainly promising :)

What's your first impressions of the new raid?
-Sibylle

Honored

Postby baver » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Not meny or any at all i feel like melee is better then range :/ Maby get abit better at heroic when not everything just die insta. But atm it was realy bad for melee imo.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Of the 8 we killed last night Neurshan, Sha, and Iron Juggernaut are pretty decent for Ferals. I bet with some good Soul Swap use that Dark Shaman's could be decent for us as well. General Nazgrim and Fallen Protectors hate our kitty guts though.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:12 am

Norushen was terrible for me, I never managed to fully purify myself and so I did reduced damage all through the fight. Also, the endless stream of ads messed with my boss uptimes and dps. But I guess that's more my fail than anything else :)
-Sibylle

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:33 am

Tinderhoof wrote:Of the 8 we killed last night Neurshan, Sha, and Iron Juggernaut are pretty decent for Ferals. I bet with some good Soul Swap use that Dark Shaman's could be decent for us as well. General Nazgrim and Fallen Protectors hate our kitty guts though.

I don't think Fallen Protectors is bad at all. I feel like Nazgrim and Spoils are the only poor fights for us I've seen so far.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:34 am

Well, my problem with them is that whenever I get my bleeds up on one of them, they go into the transition phase and I have to switch targets. Rip never gets to tick like it should.

Immerseus, I didn't even get to apply Rip after the first two rounds.

I'm probably not seeing something, and am not surprised you guys are better at this than I am, but I found it rather frustrating.
-Sibylle

Honored

Postby Vami » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:11 am

@Sibylle: Slight scumbag moves are needed for ferals if you want to get good dps in a fight where you technically would need to be switching targets with everyone else. On protectors, just put bleeds up fast to the main target and then switch to raking and thrashing the other bosses and adds. Your bleeds will not then be wasted. As long as you're not pushing the bosses to transition at the same time and the transition adds go down fast enough, there shouldn't be a problem.

@aggixx: I personally enjoy dpsing Spoils, and feel that it is possible to perform there well as a feral when you just focus. Still, add fights have been my favorites for a while now, so it might have something to do with that. (: Also, at Nazgrim it is possible to get good dps if you're just in the right place at the right time, although it definitely is not my favorite fight. (+If ranged can't kill the priority targets fast enough, you just need to go all-out on the add and bleeds will be wasted ++ it sucks if the adds are all over the place...)

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:25 am

aggixx wrote:
Tinderhoof wrote:Of the 8 we killed last night Neurshan, Sha, and Iron Juggernaut are pretty decent for Ferals. I bet with some good Soul Swap use that Dark Shaman's could be decent for us as well. General Nazgrim and Fallen Protectors hate our kitty guts though.

I don't think Fallen Protectors is bad at all. I feel like Nazgrim and Spoils are the only poor fights for us I've seen so far.

I found Nazgrim to be quite okay, Norushen was cool. Sha of Pride was a bit.... errrm clunky. What annoyed me was Immerseus (basically no more rips past ~30% corruption) and Galakras (grip here, grip there, mobs charge out of range, stuff dies too fast, go to tower, apply rip, mini-boss dies, repeat, boss dead in 1:30 once it lands). The most annoying thing really was doing the pull w/o 4set though, compared to PTR this was quite a pain. Also didn't have DroodFocus working properly for DoC so I used ovale which I'm not used to.

As an aside: Spoils of Pandaria !@#$% it's a clusterfuck.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:47 am

Vami wrote:@aggixx: I personally enjoy dpsing Spoils, and feel that it is possible to perform there well as a feral when you just focus. Still, add fights have been my favorites for a while now, so it might have something to do with that. (: Also, at Nazgrim it is possible to get good dps if you're just in the right place at the right time, although it definitely is not my favorite fight. (+If ranged can't kill the priority targets fast enough, you just need to go all-out on the add and bleeds will be wasted ++ it sucks if the adds are all over the place...)

I enjoyed it as well and I did much much better than I expected, but I think overall its still a fight that's setup in a way that highlights our fundamental weaknesses.

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS