Register

scale up droodfocus

Face-rippin fun.

scale up droodfocus

Postby Leylaâ » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:19 am

Hey

are there some addons like affdots for feraldps?
http://www.curse.com/search?type=addons&search=affdot
i see some weakauras but they dont work since mop
or there are problems with calculate mastery and doc buff

Thanks
Last edited by Leylaâ on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revered

Re: Affdots_feral?!

Postby Steakbomb » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:34 am

The Weak Auras ones work fine

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4446#p16467 This is a Weak Auras script that works fine with MoP made by Stenhaldi.

I have been using these for months and they work perfectly fine.

You can also use DroodFocus. It doesn't give a numerical value like Affdots or the WeakAuras setup does but it puts a Red Light for DO NOT APPLY and a Green Light for APPLY.

The other option is using an Ovale script that doesn't have a light or numerical value but does suggest a new Rake when a new one is stronger and shows Rip when a new one is stronger.

Postby Leylaâ » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:10 am

Hey

i dont like droodfocus, i want to play without it

if there is a addon like affdots i dont have to put all the Wa's on the right place and fix it after each patch
it would just make it easier

this is my setup
WoWScrnShot_080313_085515.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080313_085515.jpg (24.3 KiB) Viewed 1320 times

2nd question, ovale
3 scripts leafkiller, nerien, shmoodude
at the moment i use the new shmoodude script from viewtopic.php?f=3&t=857&start=625#p18296

are there big differeces between them

and sorry for my bad bad bad ugly english :/^^

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:14 am

Steakbomb wrote:You can also use DroodFocus. It doesn't give a numerical value like Affdots or the WeakAuras setup does but it puts a Red Light for DO NOT APPLY and a Green Light for APPLY.

If you go to the options, you can set it to show numerical values. This particular setting is kind of hard to find as its two menus in.

Config. Icons -> Config. Dots power -> Text enabled (Dots power is bottom right of the icons page)

Lots of other cool settings in the Dots power section too. DroodFocus is amazingly flexible, if I wasn't using Ovale, this is probably what I'd be using.

Steakbomb wrote:The other option is using an Ovale script that doesn't have a light or numerical value but does suggest a new Rake when a new one is stronger and shows Rip when a new one is stronger.

Ovale (leafkiller's and ShmooDude's scripts) do have Rip/Rake ratios (but not thrash) if you enable them via checkbox. They default to off though and don't have colors. Use these if you're already using/planning to use Ovale (as they tend to be slightly more accurate than DroodFocus or WeakAuras) otherwise I'd probably recommend DroodFocus if you want somethign customizable or WeakAuras for simplicity (technically you can customize the WA one too but depending what you want to do it probably requires a little more knowledge).

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:51 am

I forgot about the DroodFocus option to turn on text values, I have it set at lights as I use WA ratios anyway.

ShmooDude wrote:Use these if you're already using/planning to use Ovale (as they tend to be slightly more accurate than DroodFocus or WeakAuras)

I haven't seen DF or WA be any less accurate than Ovale. I think any of the 3 are good options.

Leylaâ wrote:i dont like droodfocus, i want to play without it

I see a lot of people say they don't like DF and I think it's probably a lack of knowing how to customize it. It's default settings are horrendous IMO. I disable almost everything about the addon. The only part of DF I actually use is the Icons for Bleeds/SR/Procs.

I would give DF another shot and turn off the things like the HP/Energy bars and hide the bars/CP's it comes with.

DF is really nice for the icons as it is only of few addons, if not the only one that shows how many times Rip has been extended by Shred/Mangle.

Leylaâ wrote:2nd question, ovale
3 scripts leafkiller, nerien, shmoodude
at the moment i use the new shmoodude script from viewtopic.php?f=3&t=857&start=625#p18296

are there big differences between them

I believe that the Leafkiller script is a bit out of date now compared to the Shmoodude script. The Shmoodude script is an edited version of the Leafkiller script, just updated. Aggixx was updating Leafkiller's script for a long time as Leafkiller quit a while back but Shmoodude has been adding and changing things and Jeshu now include's both into Ovale.

Long story short, use Shmoodude's Script.

Postby Leylaâ » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:55 am

Steakbomb wrote:I would give DF another shot and turn off the things like the HP/Energy bars and hide the bars/CP's it comes with.

DF is really nice for the icons as it is only of few addons, if not the only one that shows how many times Rip has been extended by Shred/Mangle.

feral dps is "only" my 2nd spec... @raden 1st kill my dps was also very low...(no rune/no juju/no 4t15) there are only 3 bosses i play feral dps (durumu,qon,raden)

now i want to optimize my interface
@ 5:00 you can see my "old" settings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu5ai7EAd5w
it was a bit to much, so i changed some things

thanks for all the support!

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:15 am

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4621 This is my UI thread.

Everything in the middle is done with WeakAuras, even the Combo Points and the Energy Bar.

Since you have used WeakAuras, if you want to clean up your UI and be able to track everything easily WITHOUT using DroodFocus then this is an easy way to do it.

I have since gone back to DF in place of the WA for my Bleeds and the icons that are under my Bleeds. The reason for this is there is no way in WA to show how many times Rip has been extended by Shred/Mangle.

I did not upload my DF settings but if you want them I can upload them for you.

I also did not upload my Bleed Ratio settings(the numbers above the CP's) as I use Stenhaldi's script and just edited them to be bigger and moved them around.

There is a link to the bleed ratios at the bottom of my thread.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:27 am

Steakbomb wrote:I haven't seen DF or WA be any less accurate than Ovale. I think any of the 3 are good options.

Its the kind of thing you'd probably only notice if you're looking for it (and thus not really a huge deal). The character sheet stats (and thus any addon that pulls from them such as our bleed ratios) lag behind pretty noticeably. Try this to illustrate what I mean: Make a Tiger's Fury/Rake macro and hit a target dummy. Both Droodfocus and WA will give you a 114 ratio because at the time Rake was applied, the character sheet hadn't updated with the TF buff. Ovale on the other hand will sometimes catch this and "update" the bleed data once it receives the character sheet update. I say sometimes because its not perfect yet (and may never be given the realities). Ovale does seem to be a little overly aggressive at updating stats when buffs fall off at times (might be related to multiple aura events firing off in quick succession like often happens when rune expires under renataki's) but Jeshu's working on that.

Ultimately, if you're aware of the issue and don't try to do last minute applications (like if you try try to apply a bleed at 0.1 seconds remaining on rune, I would bet that that bleed will not be rune buffed, but the DF/WA bleed ratios will say it is), then it doesn't matter. I used to do this a LOT before I knew of the issue. I'd be "sure" I caught it, but then see the damage and its like ugh. I've actually in addition to the changes I made to the ovale script made my WA's for the various buffs cut off at 0.4 seconds as well so I'm not tempted to do any last second bleed applying.

But, back to the original topic. Steak is right in that these are pretty much your 3 options. DroodFocus is defiantly the most powerful, but does require some setup.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Leylaâ wrote:if there is a addon like affdots i dont have to put all the Wa's on the right place and fix it after each patch

I use weakauras and I haven't had to make any changes after each patch . . .

Re: scale up droodfocus

Postby Leylaâ » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:32 pm

can i scale up droodfocus? all at once
i dont want to scale up every single icon/bar/fx...

Return to Kitty DPS