Register

I'm going to need a new gear list...

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

I'm going to need a new gear list...

Postby Sibylle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:57 am

And a trinket comparison. And everything. Gods, what would I do without you guys?

Just been sitting over the loot tables for SoO bosses and I'm at a loss at what to even roll for at the start. How far is my LFR Rune going to carry me, although it's been upgraded twice? What will be our "off-set" piece this tier - the head again? What do I do when the staff drops off the first boss and I still have got Renataki's - it's got even MORE expertise and I'm already at 10% after reforging...

Questions, questions!

Anyone else confused?
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Re: I'm going to need a new gear list...

Postby Stenhaldi » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:59 am

Best non-warforged offpiece is the Nazgrim shoulder. Best warforged offpiece is the Dark Shaman legs, though Nazgrim shoulder is close as a low-hit low-expertise option (set shoulders have expertise and Dark Shaman legs have blue sockets). All offpiece options are within about 0.3% overall damage.
Last edited by Stenhaldi on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:04 am

Stenhaldi wrote:Best non-warforged offpiece is the Nazgrim shoulder. Best warforged offpiece is the Dark Shaman legs, though Nazgrim shoulder is close as a low-expertise option (set shoulders have expertise). All offpiece options are within about 0.3% overall damage.

Is this for a setup with Rune or is it just trying to maximze mastery without wasting exp/hit?

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:11 am

With Rune. Crit, haste, and mastery have equal value (as well as hit and exp -- I assume they can be swapped to crit/haste/mastery) and agility has slightly over twice that value.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:03 am

Apologies for the late "thank you" - this solves one of the problems! So the shoulders it is :)

My main issue right now is what I'll do if the weapon drops off the first boss. Will I drive expertise through the roof or should I stick with my current, 2/2 upgraded Jalak's Maelstrom Staff?

Tialy armory
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Return to Kitty DPS