Register

[5.4] Kitty AOE vs. Retri

Face-rippin fun.

[5.4] Kitty AOE vs. Retri

Postby Najixa » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm getting constantly told that in SoO aoe dps is important in some bossfights and that i have to switch place with a pally because he does more aoe dps.
Are retri pallys really that much better in aoe situations than feral druids in 5.4?
How do kittys (with HotW) compare on those fights?

Revered

Re: [5.4] Kitty AOE vs. Retri

Postby Alpheus » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Najixa wrote:I'm getting constantly told that in SoO aoe dps is important in some bossfights and that i have to switch place with a pally because he does more aoe dps.
Are retri pallys really that much better in aoe situations than feral druids in 5.4?

Is this 10man or 25man? Not really sure where you're coming from, I've never seen a situation where retri paladins would vastly outperform ferals on aoe. It's more likely that you're perhaps undergeared or not handling aoe very well and your raid leader wants to swap you specifically out for another specific paladin in your guild under the pretense that paladins do more aoe. If he was minmaxing to such an extent, he'd probably pick up another mage or elemental shaman instead of both of you.

Postby Sulaco » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:01 pm

While we're talking bout AoE, can someone guide me on how to properly AoE as feral?
I'm talking full blown aoe, so no rake cleave or anything like that.
I feel like most of the time I'm not sure on what I should be doin.
Like, when does thrash surpass swipe at aoe spam, will rune do it? or what about juju or renataki?
Does swipe actually scale with stats or is it pure wep dmg?
Is thrash even worth using on super fast burst like lei shen?

Postby Felucia » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Sulaco wrote:While we're talking bout AoE, can someone guide me on how to properly AoE as feral?
I'm talking full blown aoe, so no rake cleave or anything like that.
I feel like most of the time I'm not sure on what I should be doin.
Like, when does thrash surpass swipe at aoe spam, will rune do it? or what about juju or renataki?
Does swipe actually scale with stats or is it pure wep dmg?
Is thrash even worth using on super fast burst like lei shen?

Thrash with rune > Swipe. Especially because you lose crit when rune is active and therefore losing damage on swipe.

With Rune Thrash actually hits for more than Swipe, plus dot, so always use it, but be careful not to overwrite after rune fades. You want your dot ticking as long as you can. Try to hit your last thrash with multipliers, especially if the mobs live for a long time after that. Then just swipe away.. agility boosts dont change anything, keep your Thrash up with multiplier, then swipe that shit.
Ofc try hitting as many as you can, and care where you build your combopoints, you will only gain them if your target(or the target you already have points on) is in swiperange.

Alpheus wrote:
Najixa wrote:I'm getting constantly told that in SoO aoe dps is important in some bossfights and that i have to switch place with a pally because he does more aoe dps.

Is this 10man or 25man? Not really sure where you're coming from, I've never seen a situation where retri paladins would vastly outperform ferals on aoe. It's more likely that you're perhaps undergeared or not handling aoe very well and your raid leader wants to swap you specifically out for another specific paladin in your guild under the pretense that paladins do more aoe. If he was minmaxing to such an extent, he'd probably pick up another mage or elemental shaman instead of both of you.

I was thinking along the same lines. Both are comparatively weak, although we have to agree on raidcooldowns.
i have never looked at my guildies performances that closely but i have always been ahead in damage overall so my aoe can't be that bad compared to mage/warlock/rets and others.

meow

Postby Najixa » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:28 am

Alpheus wrote:Is this 10man or 25man? Not really sure where you're coming from, I've never seen a situation where retri paladins would vastly outperform ferals on aoe. It's more likely that you're perhaps undergeared or not handling aoe very well and your raid leader wants to swap you specifically out for another specific paladin in your guild under the pretense that paladins do more aoe. If he was minmaxing to such an extent, he'd probably pick up another mage or elemental shaman instead of both of you.

its a 10 man raid and the leader is a pally tank. guess the main reason is that he wants to play ret so that i have to swap roles with him. His claim is that on some boss encounters of SoO retris outperform everyone on PTR because of 4pc T16 and many aoe situations during boss fights. Since i'm not a ptr player i cant prove him wrong. Usually i do well in any raid situation i've been into, so i dont think it is because a lack of skill on my side.

Thanks so far for your comments :)

Postby Blyth » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:58 pm

Kitty AoE dmg is awesome, especially with RoRo.
Our warlock was always cursing me when we played Tortos HC, he just couldn't reach my AoE Dmg :D

Return to Kitty DPS