Register

Opener question (omen proc)

Face-rippin fun.

Opener question (omen proc)

Postby Oronare » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:11 am

So one of the things which kind of annoys me is when, during the opener i get an omen of clarity proc, because I never seem to know what to do with it.

It kind of throws me off because i'm getting ready to TF into Zerk, apply my Rip when suddenly a wild omen proc appears and I don't know what to do in this situation XD

So can someone please fill in for me, what to do for example if you get an omen proc, right when you think you're about to TF but suddenly have way more energy than you predicted you would have? (if you k now what I mean)

Cheers.

Exalted

Re: Opener question (omen proc)

Postby raffy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:39 am

IMO, you don't have time during the opener to react this. Dumping as much energy as possible while snapshotting the best possible integrated DoT damage is your only goal for the first 25 seconds. A decent chunk of this should be muscle reflex, so it's repeatable and efficient. If you're DoC, depending on your gear, you can gamble and/or push for an early HT. HotW+FoN has the cleanest opener because you can Rake spam and can dump energy better.

Postby Oronare » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:30 pm

yeah, it is muscle memory, which is why it feels so jarring when you get an omen proc right when you're about to dump energy into TF.

Someone else's advice was to just ignore it and pretend you are opening like usual, but it feels like such a waste of energy and/or CP.

Pre cast HT > Cat form and pre-pot > SR > Rake > Shred to dump energy > TF > Berzerk > RoRo buffed rip > Reapply buffed rake > carry on as usual.

The problem comes in between Rake and the shred energy dump, if I get an omen proc right there I'm sitting on basically full energy thinking i'd be on 0 ready to TF and it throws me off...but yeah, someone said just to ignore it and carry on as if it didn't happen, I'll try that XD

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Oh gods, I really know what you mean. I had something like four Omen procs during the first 20 seconds today, during potion/TF/Berserk/Berserking/Bloodlust. I seemed to be permanently energy capped, gaaah!
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Return to Kitty DPS