Register

Would like some WoL feedback.

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Would like some WoL feedback.

Postby JTF195 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:58 pm

My 25m guild has 3 ferals, and the three of us are looking to improve wherever possible.

http://www.raidbots.com/comparebot/5242 ... 46d#damage

I currently use Ovale w/ Leafkiller's Script and DroodFocus as well as WeakAuras for proc/buff tracking.

Any feedback on the 3 of us would be appreciated (both for the fight I linked, and any others.)

Revered

Re: Would like some WoL feedback.

Postby Sibylle » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:05 am

Well, I'll leave the details to the experts, but what struck me is that whoever is number 3, has lower bleed uptimes and didn't seem to use Thrash at all. From what I know, Thrash is a good dps increase even on single target, so at least Omen procs should be used to cast it.

And it's funny I should comment on this at all, since you guys' dps is way higher than mine, so I guess I'd better shut up and let others take over ;)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:08 am

This is really interesting to look at all three of you next to each other because you all actually do the rotations really differently.

The debate has been had for awhile now of Shred vs Mangle vs Shrangle and its funny to see you guys have one person doing each one. looking at these logs its kinda funny to see (assuming you are all relatively equally geared) that there isn't much of a difference in the base dps of shred vs mangle. Because the Energy to CP cost is better on Mangle and it doesn't have a positional requirement I would save shred to only be used when beserking/bloodlusted. This is what Mockingbird is doing.

Mystic Blue should be trying to weave some thrashes into his rotation which will help with his single target dps. This shouldn't be his focus for doing damage but over the course of a fight to have never casted thrash is just a straight DPS loss.

None of you are using the new Force of Nature. Which is sad because they scale so hard with RoRo and 2 of you are using that trinket. Just try and stay at 2 charges of treants until RoRo's duration ~2-3 seconds then SPAM your hotkey to shoot out hopefully 2-3 treants. Its a dps gain over SotF for not much effort ( I think they come in handy on fights where you need an instant ranged root on a target as well).

Savage Roar Uptimes are good. Mystics could be better. It is worth noting he casted Savage Roar more than both of you but he is clearly doing it at lower CP values meaning he is spending more energy keeping up the buff than the rest of you. I think this goes back to the shred vs mangle debate as Mystic is primarily using Shred as his CP generator he over the course of a fight will have less CP to use. The fewer CP is correlating for him to less long duration Savage Roar buffs and leading to him spending more energy casting lower duration Savage Roars a 2 fold DPS decrease because 1 he has his steroid buff up less and 2 he is spending more energy trying to keep up a buff instead of on a damage dealing skill.

Defensively none of you are using lock stones. On a 6 minute fight none of you used SI to alleviate damage for your healers. Between the three of you Barkskin was only casted three times. Mystic I think took renewal but never casted it so the raid would have been better off if he took ysera's gift.

DoC would be a DPS gain for Shadrin and Mystic but it complicates the rotation and I wouldn't recommend learning DoC and FoN at the same time.

General tips for Shadrin:

Try out FoN, Use defensive cooldowns. Your bleed damage could probably be higher so check that you aren't overlapping strong bleeds to early. Grats on your 2pc. Nice CP Management with with SR (you had 99% uptime and the fewest casts). You never used a 2nd potion :/.

General tips for Mockingbird:

Kudos for using the DoC rotation. If you have RoRo its probably better than Bad JuJu use Catus to confirm. In general your melee hits on the boss were lower but I can't see your gear so that might just be because your haste is lower than theirs because they are running RoRo. You did use dash so liekly you just got shock pulsed out of melee range for longer/actually soaked a crawler mine. You have more energy to spend because of AoC than the other 2 ferals but you aren't doing as many Ferocious Bites as they are. You are using AoC so you could have had up to 3 more Tiger's Furys in this fight and one more Beserk.

General Tips for Mystic Blue:

Use thrash when you get Omen of Clarity procs. Use defensive cooldowns. If you aren't going to use renewal/Cenarion word use ysera's gift (the argument that you want it "just in case" isnt very good if you arent even using lock stones :P or PS procs to heal yourself with healing touch). Try out FoN see if you like it. Try using mangle over shred since you are CP starved for larger Savage Roar casts.

*Please note I am not exempt from criticism and by no means a god at feral. Would be better if better players weighed in to listen to them as I am in a middle of the pack 3/14 Hc 25 man.

My log from last week's Iron Juggernaut kill (i wasn't using FoN at the time :/) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h ... 08&e=15817

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... nen/simple

Postby Mòckingbird » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Hey, Thanks for the tips I'll be sure to try and work them in. Our item levels are really close so it really comes down to rotations at this point. I've linked our armories down below.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... d/advanced

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... e/advanced

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... n/advanced

Postby JTF195 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:44 pm

As far as Mangle vs Shred vs Shrangle goes, in my case, I just use what Ovale recommends most of the time.

Honored

Postby Elamari » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:59 am

Hey everyone

I was just looking at all of your armouries and noticed a few thing that you guys might not be aware of.

Mockingbird
* You could swap out the Glyph of Shred for the Glyph of cat form. As mentioned if health stones and self heals aren't being used then, taking the glyph of cat form will passively help your healers out, 20% bonus to healing received.

Misticblue
* damn son you have so many achievement points. I need to catch up :P

Tremnen
* Your reforging is a bit off. Not at hit/exp caps and wont be maximizing RoRo.

If you are having trouble using HT in cat form, try this macro it is make life easier.

#showtooltip
/console autounshift 0
/use Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1

Hope this information is helpful. Good luck and all the best.
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:55 am

my reforging and gemming is WAY off. I was using some of those pieces in my challenge mode gear last night when I logged. I didnt bother fixing them :P

I got 3 realm bests though and I am now the Scarlet Commander, Stormbrewer, and Jade Protector :D

Postby JTF195 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:59 am

Elamari wrote:#showtooltip
/console autounshift 0
/use Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1

This is the macro I use when I heal myself with PS procs. (I know I need to make use of that more often, but I did use nearly every single one I got during our Thok kill earlier this week.)

Honored

Postby Elamari » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am

Tremnen wrote: I am now the Scarlet Commander, Stormbrewer, and Jade Protector :D

grats!
JTF195 wrote: (I know I need to make use of that more often, but I did use nearly every single one I got during our Thok kill earlier this week.)

Nice work. Gotta train up that muscle memory. That is what really kills me when I use HotW, I still want to heal to buff my bleed, even though I don't have to.
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Return to Kitty DPS