Register

Am I doing DoC correctly?

Face-rippin fun.

Am I doing DoC correctly?

Postby Basyx » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:04 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering if i'm messing up somewhere on DoC. My DPS feels rather low compared to other Feral logs who I outgear and also run DoC. I don't know if it's because I don't have a Rune or because i'm doing DoC wrong. I always cast HT before the pull and use the first 2 stacks on Rake and Thrash. I try to have DoC for every bleed I do, but sometimes I don't really have bleeds to refresh and i'm at 5 CP with a PS buff so I use that DoC on my Ferocious bite and a Shred.
Here are some logs from last night :

Sha of Pride - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sjl0 ... =183&e=557
Malkorok - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sjl0 ... 426&e=7740

And here is my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/l ... x/advanced

Is there anything besides DoC that i'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated, thanks :D
Oh, and I also had a 536 Weapon in those logs.

Exalted

Re: Am I doing DoC correctly?

Postby aggixx » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:08 pm

Looking at Malkorok:
Your TF interval is too high, there was one where you spent almost 50 seconds in-between TFs and most of them are about 35 seconds apart. On a patchwerk like Malkorok this should be 30-31 seconds (you had 2 TF usages that were in this range and the rest were higher). Make sure you're burning energy before TF comes off cooldown, you should be able to hit it as soon as it comes off more often than not. Could've had at least 1 more TF than you did.
You offset your springs from your Berserk by not using it with your first TF, there's no reason to do this. Could've had 1 more Springs than you did.
Your Blades uptime is low which hurt you, but your Juju uptime seems a bit high so it probably averages out.
You gained DoC 29 times with 32 PS procs, which means you missed or clipped 3 PS procs. This isn't notably bad but you could probably minimize this a tad, make sure you're consuming PS before doing low CP finishers and having a chance to clip them.
In hindsight you could have saved your pot and Berserk 30 seconds and had them up during a bunch of trinket procs, but that's probably an irrational gamble and I think you made the right decision by doing it during your Bad Juju proc.
Your execute Rip was pretty good but clipping it when you got 10 Blades + Bad Juju 30 seconds later would have gotten you a higher one (ticks would've been ~42k higher netting you 1 million rip damage at the cost of 1 FB). This is a pretty big deal, if you had clipped that Rip there you would have done about 5k more DPS.

Re: Am I doing DoC correctly?

Postby Basyx » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:48 am

Your TF interval is too high, there was one where you spent almost 50 seconds in-between TFs and most of them are about 35 seconds apart. On a patchwerk like Malkorok this should be 30-31 seconds (you had 2 TF usages that were in this range and the rest were higher). Make sure you're burning energy before TF comes off cooldown, you should be able to hit it as soon as it comes off more often than not. Could've had at least 1 more TF than you did.

yeah, you're right. I have no idea why I didn't use it.
You offset your springs from your Berserk by not using it with your first TF, there's no reason to do this. Could've had 1 more Springs than you did.

oh jeez.. i've always thought I had it in my Berserk macro.... welp, I've went from DS until now not knowing that...
You gained DoC 29 times with 32 PS procs, which means you missed or clipped 3 PS procs. This isn't notably bad but you could probably minimize this a tad, make sure you're consuming PS before doing low CP finishers and having a chance to clip them.

Yeah, it's just a bad habit of mine. I tend to hit Faerie Fire or HT when there's nothing to do. I might just change my HT keybinding, Q is my HT and it used to be my strafe left button.
Thanks so much for looking over my logs and telling me what i'm doing wrong, i'll try to start paying more attention to my trinket procs and lining them up with my bleeds.

Return to Kitty DPS