Register

Haromm's Talisman [Multistrike]

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Haromm's Talisman [Multistrike]

Postby Kraineth » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:44 am

I haven't seen much research on this trinket so I messed around with it for a bit on the dummies to see what it could proc from.

The multistrike trinket procs from all single target spells, this includes our single target bleeds (Rip+Rake), this was sort of expected. However I didn't expect it to proc from the legendary Meta or the Legendary cloak procs, but it does. It also procs from HotW Wrathspam and Moonfire.

The only spells it would not proc for me on was swipe and thrash.

Exalted

Re: Haromm's Talisman [Multistrike]

Postby raffy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:51 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10103220406#3

Stenhaldi did some testing here during the PTR:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4603&p=18475#p18475

The legendary cloak and meta were enabled late in the PTR cycle.

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:42 am

Thanks, i was looking for threads related to it. Seems like the proc has a directional requirement. Was unable to get swipe/thrash procs unless i was facing the target.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:05 am

That's a good observation and I can confirm it to be true, both of AoE effects that can hit behind you and of DoTs that may be ticking on targets behind you.

That goes some way toward explaining why multistrike never quite reaches the expected fraction of my -- or anyone's -- overall damage over the course of a raid night. I wonder what other restrictions the proc might have, like maximum range.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:53 am

this trinket is looking to be the hot trinket of the patch as every single one of the agility DPS in my raid group want it. Should I even be looking at this over AoC at all right now? (I am using AoC and Heroic Rune). I feel like there isnt a single fight where this will be worth taking over AoC. The cleave trinket I could see being useful on some fights / trash (omg so much trash) but while this seems to be a great trinket the fact that we only have one trinket slot this patch kinda shuffles us into using AoC correct?

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:45 am

I am seeing a 40yard max range on the proc itself, pretty easy to tell just moonfiring from max range and backing up, not a huge deal but the directional requirement is a little annoying. I don't see how it can be fixed aside from removing a directional requirement on the spell proc, much like shadow dots ignore facing, but I don't know much about how blizzard builds those spells into the game. There definitely isn't a noticeable icd since i've gotten 3+ procs in the span of a second when using AoE. The proc can also go off while channling things like Hurricane/Tranq, youre character actually swings their weapon mid-channel which looks quite amusing. I couldn't really thing of anything else applicable to raiding to test

As far as AoC or Haromm's for the second trinket slot, i think AoC is probably gonna be best with this directional requirement being a little strange to use like running out of melee range for things like adds/Garrosh Whirlwind and just general running around tab-raking and the like. I think the cleave trinket is fairly useless since the proc does no damage to the actual target, and likely has the same facing requirements. I can't think of many fights where there is 5+ targets near eachother for more than a few seconds at a time, aside from Spoils and first phase Garrosh.

Postby Karlzone » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:59 am

So you're saying it's worse than AoC? o.o
All the sims I have seen have been quite one-sided about this. Haromm was the best on all of them.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:36 am

Karlzone wrote:So you're saying it's worse than AoC? o.o
All the sims I have seen have been quite one-sided about this. Haromm was the best on all of them.

from a pure dps standpoint Haromm's is a minor DPS upgrade. I am only saying that from a raid standpoint more Stampeding roars/better uptime on defensive cooldowns is overlooked by many people.

Edit: Also sims are not taking into consideration the directional component. so any targets with bleeds behind you will not be able to proc the trinket.

Honored

Postby cg1351 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:27 pm

AoC with our 4 set is gonna be insane, i wouldn't even consider another trinket. Sometimes you just gotta think ''fuck the sims what will actually happen in a raid environment''. Better rune rip uptimes, better aoe, better survivability, better mobility and a straight up fixed agi proc.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:29 pm

yeah i am enjoying my normal mode AoC. The lower defensive cooldowns are saving my butt on Hc Sha of Pride. (that fight hurts) There are pulls on Sha of Pride we did yesterday where I took more damage than the tanks. Its just insane.

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:36 pm

The difference between Haromm's and AoC is actually pretty small, and that is with the trinket doing roughly 4.5% of our overall dps, which just isn't happening, I am seeing more along the lines of 3.5% damage, but I prefer the more frequent agi procs from Haromm's over the 2min icd on AoC.

yeah i am enjoying my normal mode AoC. The lower defensive cooldowns are saving my butt on Hc Sha of Pride. (that fight hurts) There are pulls on Sha of Pride we did yesterday where I took more damage than the tanks. Its just insane.

Yea the dot hurts quite a bit on Heroic

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:32 pm

Has anyone checked the directional requirement on Multistrike after the server restarts?

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:44 am

I'm not lucky enough to have one to test :/

I've been passing on most trinkets because Rune + whatever is better than what a lot of other agi classes get.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:41 am

Looks like it's still broken -- moar bug reports!

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:15 am

October 3rd Hotfixes:

-Trinkets with cleave and multistrike effects no longer require players to be facing the target to successfully deal damage.

Must require a server restart or not implemented yet. Still not fixed

Return to Kitty DPS