Register

Some help getting a better understanding.

Face-rippin fun.
Revered

Re: Some help getting a better understanding.

Postby Sibylle » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:56 pm

I know what you guys are saying, obviously I agree it's all very situational. But you've got to start somewhere, and if we want to be able to give anyone any hints on how to play a feral, we will either write a novel or necessarily simplify a little bit :)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:21 pm

How to play a feral.

Get an addon that tracks trinket procs and an addon that tracks bleed strengths.

Keep up Savage Roar as a priority over applying new bleeds if Savage Roar is down.

Apply Rake and upkeep stronger Rakes/refresh on expiration or within the last 3 seconds of the duration.

Apply rip at 5 cp unless trinket procs are about to expire then apply the largest Rip you can.

Build CP with Mangle, only use shred to build CP when in beserk or Blood lust. If you have strong + Mastery or +Agi trinket procs up use Rake to build CP instead.

Thrash for Omen of clarity procs.

Use FB to extend strong rips in execute only overide the old rip if the new one will be stronger. FB can also be used to expend excess energy and CP if all bleeds are up and have long durations (as well as Savage Roar).

I think this is a pretty good tutorial assuming HotW and SotF

Postby Nekonasha » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Tremnen wrote:How to play a feral.

Get an addon that tracks trinket procs and an addon that tracks bleed strengths.

Keep up Savage Roar as a priority over applying new bleeds if Savage Roar is down.

Apply Rake and upkeep stronger Rakes/refresh on expiration or within the last 3 seconds of the duration.

Apply rip at 5 cp unless trinket procs are about to expire then apply the largest Rip you can.

Build CP with Mangle, only use shred to build CP when in beserk or Blood lust. If you have strong + Mastery or +Agi trinket procs up use Rake to build CP instead.

Thrash for Omen of clarity procs.

Use FB to extend strong rips in execute only overide the old rip if the new one will be stronger. FB can also be used to expend excess energy and CP if all bleeds are up and have long durations (as well as Savage Roar).

I think this is a pretty good tutorial assuming HotW and SotF

Actually this is probably the best summary for me to understand how to play feral. I just need to work on getting into the habit now of doing all this stuff. I mean i learned the basics from noxxic and have always used shred instead of mangle to build up CP even when Berserk/ BL was off.

In response to the Rip i normally always refreshed it right when it was about to fall off regardless of how many cp was up because i thought since rip was such a major priority always keep it on. But now i know from reading this forum that it is not the best strategy to go on.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:34 pm

biggest advice i can give you is to try and forget every single thing you ever read on noxxic about feral :D

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:35 pm

Tremnen wrote:biggest advice i can give you is to try and forget every single thing you ever read on noxxic about feral :D

:lol: So true.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:38 pm

i heard their guides were decent in Cata but honestly the state of their guides are borderline harmful.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:31 pm

Step 1: Follow the Leafkiller script in Ovale
Step 2: Don't stand in the fire

= Pretty decent DPS

Then you can start to learn how to modify your behaviour to suit the mechanics of the fight eg. clipping rips before having to move away from the boss. The difference between decent DPS and great DPS is watching your procs and understanding why Ovale is recommending stuff then using that to fine tune your play.

Honored

Postby adianar » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:04 am

Alpheus,
Your script for WoL is fabulous. I hadn't seen that before.

Thank you.

Adi

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS