Register

Must have addons / Suggestions

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Must have addons / Suggestions

Postby Katjia » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi guys, which addons do you use and cant go without ? I'm rocking with very few atm, mainly Weak Auras and Ovales script

I am yet to find a nice clear buff/dot tracker like Affdots for SR / Rip / Rake which is rather annoying. I cant get on with Droodfocus, I pref something bigger and clearer.

Re: Must have addons / Suggestions

Postby Tyvona » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:22 pm

Droodfocus can be personalised quite a lot, if all you want to do is make the graphics larger and the numbers clearer, though I understand that it is a daunting addon to set up and really confusing, but once you do it's well worth it. Otherwise WeakAuras can be used to track most of those things anyway, and you can make it look how you like. There's a post in the UI section on the forums for Weak Auras to track bleed ratios here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4446 (I'm not 100% if it still works).

For feral dps basically what I use is Ovale, Weak Auras (and the combo point Aura from here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=852 ) and Droodfocus. I've recently gone back to tracking some cooldowns with Raven as I was having some frame lag issues which turned out to be in part due to some Weak Aura strings that were tracking cooldowns.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:40 am

I'm so glad I took the time to set up DroodFocus, it's immediately become my favourite addon. I use it to track my bleeds and my Savage Roar, and to know when to overwrite a bleed with a stronger one.

I have always used Combo Points Redux to track them, so I stuck with that and disabled them from DroodFocus.

Other than that, I use Power Auras for the following:
- to track Tiger's Fury and Berserk cooldowns. Berserk is set up so the icon appears with a countdown timer 30 seconds before it's available, so I won't accidentally use a Tiger's Fury 10 seconds before Berserk becomes available.
- Predatory Swiftness, with a timer showing how many seconds are left on it.
- Clearcasting, because I disabled the inbuilt UI auras Blizz provides.

I use BalancePowerTracker, which despite the name is not just for balance druids, to place an energy bar directly below my character. It lets me keep a closer eye on my main resource.

I also use Skada to track threat during encounters. Out of combat it shows damage, and I always compulsively check my bleed and SR uptimes between fights. Skada gives a good idea of them. WoL is more accurate and detailed of course - but that's for after the raid :)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:11 pm

+1 for DroodFocus being worth taking the time to learn.

I now use it for all of my 11 toons in all their specs. Once you get used to it you can set it up nice and easy with icons or timer bars for all your important buffs, debuffs, CD's etc.

One little extra tip is that it is really good to set up sound warnings for things for instance when my mages invocation or my resto harmony buffs have 5 secs left it sounds a tone so I don't forget to evocate or cast a direct heal to refresh the buffs. I might have to look in to setting one up to sound when the boss hits 25% health to remind me to set up my super rip.....

Postby Kroníc » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:56 pm

I highly recommend Droodfocus as well, along with Weakauras.

Honored

Postby cg1351 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Must have addons for me would be Move anything, Omnicc, Classtimers and Weak auras.

Honored

Postby Vami » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Screenshot if you want to know what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/7N0WX8C.jpg

NeedToKnow:
-Bars for Savage Roar, Rip, Rake, Thrash, Weakened Armor and Predatory Swiftness.

WeakAuras:
-Bleedratios (Stenhaldi/Collie viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4446 )
-Combopoints (aggixx viewtopic.php?f=11&t=852 )
-Trinket procs and other good things like Potions, TF and Berserk (basic WA config)

Shadowed Unit Frames:
-Health and Energy

OmniCC
-tracking CDs (not the best solution probably, but served me well and doesn't fill up the screen)
-should look for something else too, maybe another weakauraset for the most important things...

Honored

Postby Helistar » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:33 am

I use Weakauras for the OOC proc + the bleed ratios (+ some other random proc stuff).

ICDbars for trinkets with ICDs.

A specific buff group in Raven for the trinkets/berserk/other stuff + another one for the important debuffs.

Eventhorizon for the timers.

Pitbull for the global interface thing and for the combo points (yes at times I screw up due to the delay in the combo points, but it's no biggie).

Bartender2 for the skill bars.

Honored

Postby Paloro » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:19 am

For an overall layout, you can't go wrong with ElvUI/TukUI. Both are customizable enough to suit the needs of anyone for basic formatting.

On top of ElvUI, I run bartender to spread out my bars/buttons a bit more (and it is easier to keybind)
Tidy plates which helps immensely with target swapping (I don't like the overlapping/rotating of the plates from ElvUI)
Comergy for energy tracking/updating

WeakAuras:
You can literally make anything you want from here. From Combo points to energy bars to buffs/debuffs or ICD tracking.

Honored

Postby Ekthelion » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Crucial addons:
- CatRotationHelper
- Weak Auras
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!

Return to Kitty DPS