Register

Pick a part my log please.

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

Pick a part my log please.

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:49 am

Hi All,

I asked for the communities help about a 2 months ago when I first made the switch over to feral from guardian for my new guild and I am doing a million times better but I am trying to eek out a bit more dps. I am honestly very very bad at analyzing logs other than the basics and would love if someone who knows how to use the expression editor would either show me or make a tutorial on how to better analyze whats going on.

I am on target with what Catus is saying my Sim DPS is but WowProgress claims I could be doing ~15K more DPS. However when I look at only my single target damage to Sha of Pride I am only pulling ~287K. Yes I lost some uptime to being imprisoned and yes there is some minor target swapping but I feel the 306K Catus sim is easily hit but not sure about the 320K WowProgress estimate.

Here is our Sha of Pride Heroic Kill from last night.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i ... 370&e=5847

armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... n/advanced

Honored

Re: Pick a part my log please.

Postby Paloro » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:29 am

All I can really see off the bat is that you can/should have higher Rake uptime. Trying to optimize it on Sha of Pride can be a bit tough, especially if you get imprisoned at the wrong times.

As far as WoWProgress SimDPS.......you can just ignore it.

They don't run 10k iterations which gives a huge variance in your standard deviations (725 dps) and the combat time doesn't exactly line up well with our berserk.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:33 am

thats good to hear!

I thought it was fishy when I got 4pc and it only showed a 1K dps increase. And then they upgraded to the new simcraft release and suddenly i have the highest "simdps" on my server. Now I have performance anxiety in my guild :P.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:32 pm

Tremnen wrote:thats good to hear!

I thought it was fishy when I got 4pc and it only showed a 1K dps increase. And then they upgraded to the new simcraft release and suddenly i have the highest "simdps" on my server. Now I have performance anxiety in my guild :P.

I find it weird that Catus simmed lower than SimC though. Did you have your fight set up properly with buffs, rotation-wise, etc.?

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:07 pm

i had it set up for all group buffs, pre pot, 300 food, 1k agi flask, BL on Execute, 3 storm totems, 2 shattering, 2 skull banners. I don't think I forgot anything. I did set it up for Single target but that should be the same that SimC is displaying on WoW Progress.

^I use thee settings because it is what my group comp brings

Oh and always weakened. I am the only person who applies bleeds so I don't check always bleeding.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:16 pm

What Catus give me with my settings. *Note this is using the v20 version of Catus not the new release.

[DPS]
    Median: 301614
    Mean: 304889 +/- 396.88 (12550)
    25%/75%: 295.1K - 313.1K
    10%/90%: 291.2K - 324.1K
    Min/Max: 280.5K - 342.4K

[Duration]
    Median: 7.8m
    Mean: 7.7m
    25%/75%: 7.5m - 8.0m
    10%/90%: 7.3m - 8.1m
    Min/Max: 6.9m - 8.4m

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:23 pm

SimC according to Wowprogress btw:

http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/eredar/Tremnen

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:40 pm

There must be some other difference in your settings because I sim you profile around 325-330K depending on buffs.

Can you expand most of your panels and upload a configuration screenshot?
Or can you hold-alt while hitting "Save" in configuration panel, and include the corresponding text?

And wow, your gear has very little haste. I was curious as to why your 1:1:1 reforge was so unbalanced, but that's nearly the best you can do. In this situation, you need to increase the "Overflow" (which is 1:1:1 sloppiness) until it can find a good reforge, around 500 or so is sufficient.
Hit: 2550, Expertise: 2553, Mastery: 8435, Haste: 7479, Crit: 8410

Edit: heroism on Execute isn't working properly (seems to trigger at 0:00), this is fixed for next version.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:14 pm

raffy wrote:There must be some other difference in your settings because I sim you profile around 325-330K depending on buffs.

Can you expand most of your panels and upload a configuration screenshot?
Or can you hold-alt while hitting "Save" in configuration panel, and include the corresponding text?

And wow, you're gear has very little haste. I was curious as to why your 1:1:1 reforge was so unbalanced, but that's nearly the best you can do. In this situation, you need to increase the "Overflow" (which is 1:1:1 sloppiness) until it can find a good reforge, around 500 or so is sufficient.

yeah I REALLY need some haste gear badly :/ It was even worse before I crafted this belt. Also I tried to get your reforge and couldnt get it. I put the Mastery Overflow at 500 and clicked "Change Gems" "Break Bonuses" and allowed it to change my back and glove enchants. I got 2587 Hit 2553 Exp 8531 Mastery 7258 Haste and 8498 Crit

Here is the corresponding text when I alt-saved. I think I figured out part of the problem. I had HotW Wrath turned on and assumed it was a DPS gain. It wasn't it was a 15K dps loss. Still only leaves me at around 320K not the 330 you are saying I should have.

{"CustomStats":{},"Buffs":{"Spell Power":true,"Stamina":true,"Mastery":true,"Attack Power":true,"Crit":true,"Stats":true,"Spell Haste":true,"Melee Haste":true},"Sims":{"Autosave":false},"Food":"+300 Agility","HotW":{"Hurricane":false,"Before":false,"Swap":false,"BitW":false,"Wrath":false},"Region":"US","Gear":"99182 >ch :95346 :76692 # Head: [553] Headpiece of the Shattered Vale\n103749 >me # Neck: [553] Immerseus' Crystalline Eye\n105801 >mt :76692 :76680 \"Greater Tiger Claw Inscription\" # Shoulder: [559] Spaulders of Dominating Dreams\n102248 +8 >mh :83151 Accuracy # Back: [608] Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen\n99180 +8 >ce :76692 :76692 :76692 \"Glorious Stats\" # Chest: [561] Raiment of the Shattered Vale\n103909 >ct \"Greater Agility\" # Wrist: [553] Laser Burn Bracers\n99181 >ct :76692 :76692 \"Greater Haste\" # Hands: [553] Grips of the Shattered Vale\n98613 >ht :76692 :76692 :76692 Socket # Waist: [553] Snow Lily Belt\n99183 >ce :76666 :76666 \"Shadowleather Leg Armor\" # Legs: [553] Legguards of the Shattered Vale\n96903 +8 >mt :76666 \"Blurred Speed\" # Feet: [549] Spurs of the Storm Cavalry\n96368 +8 >me \"Greater Agility\" # Finger 1: [543] Sign of the Bloodied God\n104455 +8 >ht :76680 \"Greater Agility\" # Finger 2: [574] Reality Ripper Ring\n96546 +8 # Trinket 1: [543] Rune of Re-Origination\n102292 +8 # Trinket 2: [561] Assurance of Consequence\n105385 +8 >ct :83151 \"Dancing Steel\" # Main Hand: [567] Kor'kron Spire of Supremacy","TempEffects":{"Troll Berserking":true,"Heroism":"Execute","Unholy Frenzy":0,"Stormlash":3,"HeroismDelay":"5sec","Skull Banner":2,"Lifeblood":false,"Tricks of the Trade":0,"Shattering":3},"Flask":"Flask of Spring Blossoms: +1000 Agility","Version":20,"Hotfixes":{},"Potion":"+4000 Agility","Profs":5,"Race":"Troll","MajorGlyphs":"tjK","Potion0":"+4000 Agility","Debuffs":{"Always Bleeding":false,"+Melee Damage":false,"WeakenedArmor":"Always Weakened","+Spell Damage":false},"Features":{"Disable Miss Refund":false,"Challenge Mode Restrictions":false,"Override Set Bonuses":false,"Prevent 0-Combo PS":false,"FoN from Behind":true,"Proper Rip Extend":true,"Disable Leader of the Pack":false,"Disable Clearcasting":false,"Average Ranges":false,"Allow TF during Berserk":false},"SetBonuses":{},"Fights":{"Patchwerk":{"Front":false,"Variance":"Automatic","CustomArmor":"","Duration":"7.5m","Class":"+3 (Boss)","EarlyDeath":"","CanParry":true,"CanDodge":true,"CanBlock":true},"Cleave":{"FrontProb":"","Lifetime":"2m","Duration":"7.5m","Style":"Boss Death","Health":"70000000","AtStart":true,"Level":"+2","Frequency":"","MinCleaveSize":3,"Adds":2},"Selected":"Patchwerk","CooldownDelay":{"Enabled":false,"Delay":"30sec"},"PeriodicIdle":{"Enabled":false,"Duration":"45s","Frequency":"3m","Limit":"2"},"PeriodicDmg":{"Enabled":false,"Mod":"40","Duration":"50-70","Frequency":"30s,105s"}},"ScaledItemLevel":0,"Talents":"001220","Precombat":{"Savage Roar":true,"RPPM":"2 minutes","Healing Touch":false,"Opener":"No Opener"},"Swap":"94749 >hc :76692 :76692 Socket Windsong # Main Hand: [522] Dinomancer's Spiritbinding Spire","Rotation":{"Symbiosis":"No Symbiosis","Delay":"0-50","Pool":"500","Generator":"Mangle only","React":"250"}}

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:53 pm

I never documented how many features work so here's more information:

The "Temporary Effects" spinners correspond to the number players with that effect. So with 3 Lashes, 2 Banners, and 3 Shatters, would imply you're (probably) raiding 25s with 3 shaman and 3 warriors. They do not correspond to the number of uses per fight.

With the exception of some previous versions of Catus where I had [x] Retard FoN, under most circumstances, all of the options in "Internal Features" should be off. Anything you enable in this panel will cause your sim to not match normal raiding performance. Use with caution.
- [x] Proper Rip Extend gives you 1 Tick (+2sec) per Rip extend, instead of random 1-2 ticks you get in-game.
- [x] FoN from Behind avoids Rake misses from front, instead of the retarded Rake applications you get in-game.

You don't have (+Melee damage) or (+Spell damage) enabled. These should be both be covered in a 25 raid.

Enabling (+Melee damage) and disabling [x] Proper Rip Extend will account for the DPS difference.

Edit: for the reforge, try using a smaller Range, like 50. I'm confused why I can't find the 7479 Haste arrangement with a larger search range. I'll look into this.

Single target, HotW will almost always be a loss without a weapon swap or your weapon ilvl is double-digits from your main weapon. Just scaling your 522 to 567, causes it to gain: +3600 SP, +800 Int, +600 Haste. Also, Windsong is very dangerous on a caster weapon w/Rune.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:07 pm

raffy wrote:I never documented how many features work so here's more information:

The "Temporary Effects" spinners correspond to the number players with that effect. So with 3 Lashes, 2 Banners, and 3 Shatters, would imply you're (probably) raiding 25s with 3 shaman and 3 warriors. They do not correspond to the number of uses per fight.

With the exception of some previous versions of Catus where I had [x] Retard FoN, under most circumstances, all of the options in "Internal Features" should be off. Anything you enable in this panel will cause your sim to not match normal raiding performance. Use with caution.
- [x] Proper Rip Extend gives you 1 Tick (+2sec) per Rip extend, instead of random 1-2 ticks you get in-game.
- [x] FoN from Behind avoids Rake misses from front, instead of the retarded Rake applications you get in-game.

You don't have (+Melee damage) or (+Spell damage) enabled. These should be both be covered in a 25 raid.

Enabling (+Melee damage) and disabling [x] Proper Rip Extend will account for the DPS difference.

Edit: for the reforge, try using a smaller Range, like 50. I'm confused why I can't find the 7479 Haste arrangement with a larger search range. I'll look into this.

We have 3 shaman (one of each) and 2 warriors (Both Prot) but I assumed I would be taking shattering as well, not sure how much that would mess it up. Melee and Spell damage are in fact my fault for not clicking nice catch :D. Definitely 25 man.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:37 pm

raffy wrote:And wow, you're gear has very little haste. I was curious as to why your 1:1:1 reforge was so unbalanced, but that's nearly the best you can do. In this situation, you need to increase the "Overflow" (which is 1:1:1 sloppiness) until it can find a good reforge, around 500 or so is sufficient.

Yeah, that's an easy problem to encounter this tier, largely due to the number of red sockets. Luckily, at high enough gear levels it becomes worthwhile to switch to secondary stat gemming, which makes this a non-issue.

Even if you haven't reached that point, it might be worth using some haste gems just to get haste closer to the level of crit/mastery.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:55 pm

Sims point to yes Stenhaldi. Its only about a 2k dps gain but its a 2k dps gain and increases my energy regen which is nice :D

Postby Nessala » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:22 am

On the particular fight you mentioned, Heroic Sha of Pride, why is your AoE damage so low? If you are concerned with meter position, then cleave the reflections. We have great single target DPS this tier, but we also have the ability to abuse Thrash and Swipe especially during RoR and 2-Piece Bonus Procs respectively, with very little single target opportunity cost (similar to our ability to thrash bats and still top single target on Tortos). On a fight like Sha there is just enough movement that you can't make 100% use of all of your procs in an ideal fashion, and if you are AoEing some, it will decrease your single target damage (but increase your total damage).

For comparison, my DPS on our Sha of Pride kill was over 20K higher, because of cleave damage, and that was getting banished and getting weakened resolve one more time. (Note parse was before getting AoC).
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a ... 14&e=10960
In both cases we had the highest damage to Sha of Pride, you at 272K and me at 247K, so if anything I would say your single target DPS was fine, but you could have cleaved a bit more, however, that depends on strategy, raid group and personal preference.

Damage on Norushen is very similar, so I don't think it is a single target issue.

At this point it doesn't look like wowprogress has any idea what it is doing with Ferals, because it has my SimDPS at 253K and yours at almost 322K.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:01 pm

Nessala wrote:On the particular fight you mentioned, Heroic Sha of Pride, why is your AoE damage so low? If you are concerned with meter position, then cleave the reflections. We have great single target DPS this tier, but we also have the ability to abuse Thrash and Swipe especially during RoR and 2-Piece Bonus Procs respectively, with very little single target opportunity cost (similar to our ability to thrash bats and still top single target on Tortos). On a fight like Sha there is just enough movement that you can't make 100% use of all of your procs in an ideal fashion, and if you are AoEing some, it will decrease your single target damage (but increase your total damage).

For comparison, my DPS on our Sha of Pride kill was over 20K higher, because of cleave damage, and that was getting banished and getting weakened resolve one more time. (Note parse was before getting AoC).
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a ... 14&e=10960
In both cases we had the highest damage to Sha of Pride, you at 272K and me at 247K, so if anything I would say your single target DPS was fine, but you could have cleaved a bit more, however, that depends on strategy, raid group and personal preference.

Damage on Norushen is very similar, so I don't think it is a single target issue.

At this point it doesn't look like wowprogress has any idea what it is doing with Ferals, because it has my SimDPS at 253K and yours at almost 322K.

my positioning in the raid is completely opposite of where the tanks are. When reflections go out they drop banners and aoe taunt them in. I'd cleave if I was close :P. I guess I could HotW Hurricane thats a thought for next week. I was asking here mainly because Catus and WowProgress SimC are putting me relatively high up at around 320-335K dps but I am pulling about 30K below that benchmark. (50K lower if I trust the single target DPS only from sha of pride) What I really want to know is are my bleed uptimes what are holding me back or is it something else I am doing incorrect or is the DPS loss just typical feral target switching sucks shenanigans.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:35 am

Paloro wrote:As far as WoWProgress SimDPS.......you can just ignore it.

They don't run 10k iterations which gives a huge variance in your standard deviations (725 dps) and the combat time doesn't exactly line up well with our berserk.

And it uses the default "basic" action list instead of the advanced one, so it's far from representing your DPS potential.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:05 am

aggixx wrote:
Paloro wrote:As far as WoWProgress SimDPS.......you can just ignore it.

And it uses the default "basic" action list instead of the advanced one, so it's far from representing your DPS potential.

Well they're using basic because it's the default in our APL. Any reason it's one and not the other?

Postby Nessala » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Tremnen wrote:my positioning in the raid is completely opposite of where the tanks are. When reflections go out they drop banners and aoe taunt them in. I'd cleave if I was close :P.

Not going to be worth it to Hurricane, they aren't up long enough, and you might get two uses in over the course of the fight. I guess it is just a major difference in strategy, because we just have everyone but the tanks collapse in behind Sha where we stack for Gift, use Gorefiend's Grasp and AoE them.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Nessala wrote:
Tremnen wrote:my positioning in the raid is completely opposite of where the tanks are. When reflections go out they drop banners and aoe taunt them in. I'd cleave if I was close :P.

Not going to be worth it to Hurricane, they aren't up long enough, and you might get two uses in over the course of the fight. I guess it is just a major difference in strategy, because we just have everyone but the tanks collapse in behind Sha where we stack for Gift, use Gorefiend's Grasp and AoE them.

We only do that in normal. In heroic we have everyone spread around the room so they can close rifts easily.

Postby Alteredbeast » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi, I would also like a bit of help with my logs. This is the first time I've ever really looked at my WoL's and so am probably not the greatest at data mining yet. I can see I only have about a 90% up time on rake and rip so that needs improvement. On a Patchwork fight like this I was really expecting to be up at about 95-97%. Is that realistic? Any and all help is appreciated. It also looks like I only used barkskin twice, am I reading that right? I feel I use it all the time, but hey I guess that's why people look at these logs in the first place.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/yx5l ... 387&e=6724

Apparently I'm logged out in tank gear... but I will fix that this afternoon. (And glad I checked cause it says I have 2 mastery gems in tank gloves and that makes me cringe, not sure how that happened.)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ast/simple

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:42 am

97%+ rake uptime is a reasonable goal, Rip not so much. 95% is completely possible but it's a very high expectation, you're not going to be able to achieve that every single pull even if you play perfectly. Getting 93 or 94% on a pull because of frequent bad timer collision isn't unreasonable.

Return to Kitty DPS