Register

Using CDs and energy capping issue while wanting to use HT

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Using CDs and energy capping issue while wanting to use HT

Postby xahn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi, I'll try to be brief on my problem, I don't know if it's just me - or if it's my UI FPS Failing me on the start of the fight, but if I use Berserk and all of my CDs at start of the fight, and if I also want to use every single HT to proc DoC, I find myself capping in the first two x5 combo points, It's hard to get my DoC.

I can prevent capping if I just go ahead without using HT, I can just spam shred, and use my finishers with Rip first, then SR Next, but if I wanna HT. it's a gcd taken without attacking and my energy is capping all the way.

The reason I ask this here, because I am sure you guys would relate to this, and I want to know what do you do about this. is that just fine and you must use HT to get a better clipped rip and thrash and rake, or should I just avoid HT's all together and keep spamming my shred and after Rip/SR i just spam ferocious bites?

Let me know, thanks.

Honored

Re: Using CDs and energy capping issue while wanting to use

Postby Elamari » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:24 am

Are you using Thrash? Thrash is a good energy dump, especially during Berserk. Also so is using FB. I wouldn't recommend wasting your HT, it's why you take the talent. Best to try and make use of them all.

It's hard to comment or make suggestions without logs or armoury links. If energy capping is a problem it might be worth swapping some talents - going FoN over SotF and HotW over Doc.

I've found in my experience that I have had to use the DoC charge to buff a Rake or a mangle / shred so it doesn't get wasted, rather than using it on a finisher especially during that opening phase.
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Postby Ardezar » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:05 pm

I'd be curious on the math on this.

With berserk and lust/heroism up, and with a healthy dose of omen procs, energy capping can happen. What I've been doing is the following:

- Use HT procs if I can get a boosted rake/rip/FB. (This leads to some energy capping)
- Ignore HT procs if I will only get to use mangle/shred with the buff. (To avoid energy capping and get one extra shred/mangle)

Thoughts?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Yeah that's pretty much correct. 1/2 of a shred or mangle isn't going to justify wasting 1 second of energy.

Return to Kitty DPS