Register

New weapon

Face-rippin fun.

New weapon

Postby óak » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Hey guys,

This may sound like a bit of a nooby question, but to be honest I've never really fully understood how much weapon damage affects the DPS of a melee class.. so my question to you guys is can you give me a rough idea of how much my damage output should increase when I finally replace my shitty Horridon NORMAL (530 ilevel upgraded) weapon with a 561 (Normal SoO weapon upgraded)

I'm talking purely about the weapon damage, so not a specific weapon from SoO, just a 561 one, so 31 ilevels higher than my current weapon.

Unfortunately I've been unlucky this patch, used bonus rolls on Immerseus, Malkorok and will be using them on Garrosh when we kill it this week.

I've been pushed off my #1 guild DPS spot so I'm rather hoping the new weapon is going to give me the edge again xD

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... 3ak/simple - Just in case

Thanks all

-Óak

Exalted

Re: New weapon

Postby aggixx » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Weapon damage is probably less important for feral than most other specs because of how bleed-centric the spec has become, but that's not to say a solid weapon upgrade won't be better than almost any other item.

When I upgraded my 543 to a 567 I picked up about 20k DPS. If you want an exact number for your character you can sim it yourself in Catus.

Postby óak » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Aha yes just tried that, thanks a lot for that, helps a lot :-)

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:07 am

óak wrote:Aha yes just tried that, thanks a lot for that, helps a lot :-)

grats on your weapon from garrosh!

now watch immerseus drop a heroic weapon next week :3

Postby óak » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Killed Immerseus, no weapon! Will have to wait for next week, think It's gonna be at least a few weeks until we get Malkorok down on Heroic so will need to settle for Immerseus weapon, but hey I can live with that! Also praying that I'll get tier shoulders this week so I can finally get 4 set. At that point I'll be happy. I guess maybe Heroic AoC would be nice too, certainly better than Harroms normal (?)

Definitely noticed a DPS increase, although it only came after someone pointed out during Immerseus HC that I'd enchanted my new Garrosh weapon with Jade Spirit *red face*. I know. I suck.

Honored

Postby Helistar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 am

You lucky people :(

I've not yet seen A SINGLE WEAPON DROP since SoO was released. And I've been there for most of the raids and used the bonus thingy on immerseus/malkorok/garrosh every week (ok, almost, on NM Immerseus I didn't use it)..... and I'm the only feral and we have no monk tanks, so weapon drop = I get it. The only mitigating factor is that I have a TF HC staff from the previous tier which is aging well :)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:30 pm

Helistar wrote:You lucky people :(

I've not yet seen A SINGLE WEAPON DROP since SoO was released. And I've been there for most of the raids and used the bonus thingy on immerseus/malkorok/garrosh every week (ok, almost, on NM Immerseus I didn't use it)..... and I'm the only feral and we have no monk tanks, so weapon drop = I get it. The only mitigating factor is that I have a TF HC staff from the previous tier which is aging well :)

We got not a single TF 2 hander agi wep the entirety of ToT, and we still haven't seen one off of Immerseus (same goes for coining, in both cases). I'm lucky to have even gotten a normal WF malk polearm to replace the Horridon weapon I'd been using for 7 months.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:05 pm

aggixx wrote:

We got not a single TF 2 hander agi wep the entirety of ToT, and we still haven't seen one off of Immerseus (same goes for coining, in both cases). I'm lucky to have even gotten a normal WF malk polearm to replace the Horridon weapon I'd been using for 7 months.

I'm finding myself in an identical situation.

Honored

Postby Helistar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:42 am

...and what do I get yesterday from Garrosh: no weapon, no heirloom and my coins returns the helm (non-WF, worse than what I have...).
Well, next lock is tomorrow, maybe the winds will change. Maybe I'll get an int staff before an agi one :)

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Alpheus wrote:
aggixx wrote:

I'm finding myself in an identical situation.

i got lucky last week and rolled a warforged polearm off immerseus. I am a happy camper. gonna be keeping this baby until garrosh Heroic probably.

Postby Karlzone » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:19 am

Heroic Warfoged Staff from Immerseus bonus roll (10 man). I feel very, very lucky.

That's the reward for not getting a SINGLE weapon drop in ToT while coining all those bosses, until the second to last week. Yes... not even a normal mode weapon.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:06 am

Finally got a non-WF heroic drop on Immerseus. Still nothing from Malkorok and still no trinkets. But it's a start.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:53 am

grats! its BIS for bears so even if you go with malkorok's later you got a great leveling weapon for next expansion. (I assume everyone levels as guardian)

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Tremnen wrote:grats! its BIS for bears so even if you go with malkorok's later you got a great leveling weapon for next expansion. (I assume everyone levels as guardian)

Yeh definitely gonna keep it for guardian but I'll still replace it with the WF one once I get it (if I get it) considering I'm a regular off-tank for 3tank bosses.

Return to Kitty DPS