Register

HOTW Wrath Spam

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

HOTW Wrath Spam

Postby kerplunk101 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:58 pm

So I was wondering if anybody has tried HOTW wrath spam during burn phases(with hero/bloodlust up). Is it a significant DPS boost with a good caster staff?

Exalted

Re: HOTW Wrath Spam

Postby raffy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:32 pm

You can test this in Catus, when you select HotW, you get a bunch of options. For Patchwerk encounter, Wrath + Swap Weapon + Before Berserk will do Wrath casting from the opener. If you have Heroism enabled At Start, that should answer your question when compared to normal DPS (by disabling Wrath.)

From what I've seen for single target, you must weapon swap for HotW to even be considered. Your caster weapon needs to be equal or better. If you have Rune, you can't proc Mastery. I don't know which reforge style is better for this. I barely done testing with Wrath.

Postby Anjuk » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:42 pm

I've played around with reforge options so that when I weapon swap, my haste jumps up higher than my mastery. So if Rune procs during HotW (macro'd with my weapon swap), I get ~25k haste rating. I haven't simmed whether this is really all that good, but it *feels* awesome.

Postby Vorticose » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:08 am

Anjuk wrote:I've played around with reforge options so that when I weapon swap, my haste jumps up higher than my mastery. So if Rune procs during HotW (macro'd with my weapon swap), I get ~25k haste rating. I haven't simmed whether this is really all that good, but it *feels* awesome.

Well obviously it's a lot better than converting all your crit & haste to mastery :-)

I also like wrath-spam when I'm going to be weapon-swapping anyways, such as for HOTW-Hurricane or Tranq.

Return to Kitty DPS