Register

What would you roll a coin on in my shoes?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

What would you roll a coin on in my shoes?

Postby Tremnen » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:58 pm

What would you coin if you were me?

Immerseus has a necklace which would be nice, but I already have the weapon and need to keep my tier helmet.

Protectors I already have heroic boots from Galakras

Norushen I already have the ring and a better chest and need to keep hands free for tier.

Sha of Pride I already have tier chest heroic and a normal AoC night be worth coining for the trinket? but I think I want to try and hold out for heroic Haromm's instead.

Galakras I already have the boots and gloves the ring would be nice though but having 2/3 drops coining seems not worth it.

Iron Juggernaut He has a bracer upgrade I guess but I already have better shoulders than what he drops

Dark Shaman seems like a no brainer as the trinket and belt are upgrades but the cloak makes me think twice. Also the pants are a downgrade from my shoulders unless they happen to be warforged.

Nazgrim has tier that I need and shoulders that I already have.

Malkorok a worse weapon than my current one most likely but a nice ring. Also a chest I don't need or want.

Spoils boots, bad trinket, and a bracer upgrade. i don;t want 2/3 things here.

soo looking at the list I want the following good out of bad (good/bad) for each boss

Immerseus 1/3
Protectors 0
Norushen 0
Sha of Pride 1/2
Galakras 1/3
Juggernaut 1/2
Dark Shaman 2.5/4
Nazgrim 1/2
Malkorok 1/3
Spoils 1/3

Nothing really stands out as must roll. The ring from Malkorok is probably my biggest upgrade as it replaces my last ToT piece I want to get rid off. Dark Shamans has the trinket I want to have for the rest of the tier and trinkets and weapons are usually the biggest upgrades you can get. After that I am at a loss but I guess roll on tier gloves is best because they wont be replaced by anything?

what would you do? anyone else have a similar conundrum and want to air it out and see what other people would do in your situation?

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... n/advanced

Revered

Re: What would you roll a coin on in my shoes?

Postby Steakbomb » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:07 pm

My coin rolling is vastly different but I am only looking for my BiS gear. I don't go for any of the gear that isn't on our BiS list but I also run with a Brewmaster tank and a hunter.

If these are all the heroic bosses that you are rolling on, I would roll on:

Sha: Trinket
Shamans: Trinket
Nazgrim: Heroic Teir

Malkorok: The same situation as Horridon last teir, roll on this boss until you get the Heroic Warforged weapon as it's our BiS weapon even above Garrosh Heroic.

Those are the bosses I would use my coins on at this moment. Once you are clearing for Teir bosses I would save your coins for the teir until you have them.

I passed on like 4 heroic pieces last week as they will be replaced eventually. I do not look at every heroic piece as an upgrade. I look at them as an upgrade but I would replace so if it is someone's BiS then let them have it.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:34 pm

Tremnen wrote:Malkorok a worse weapon than my current one most likely but a nice ring. Also a chest I don't need or want.

Malk weapon is better assuming you can get it WF. Spoils trinket isn't bad, just fight-specific; it's really good on Galakras.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:24 pm

I tried 572 Sigil of Rampage on Galakras once and it still didn't outperform 561 Haromm's (comparing cleave proc to multistrike proc). Could have been luck though.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:43 pm

The way we do Galakras I do towers and control cannons so I have a ton of down time where I am not in the main add group. that said the cleave trinket has yet to drop in our 25 man raid. I am shooting for haromm's to go with my Rune because I'd rather have the more often procs to sync with weird execute phases than the long ICD of AoC.

I used rolls on Pride/shaman/nazgrim and got tier gloves so I am a happy kitty :D. weeks in a row I got a drop of nazgrim coin roll (got shoulders last week) so I like this boss.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:36 am

Stenhaldi wrote:I tried 572 Sigil of Rampage on Galakras once and it still didn't outperform 561 Haromm's (comparing cleave proc to multistrike proc). Could have been luck though.

It is a little RNG, I've gotten between about 6.5% and 10% on our kills, either of which clearly beats a Haromm's, at least for me.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:10 am

aggixx wrote:
Tremnen wrote:Malkorok a worse weapon than my current one most likely but a nice ring. Also a chest I don't need or want.

Malk weapon is better assuming you can get it WF. Spoils trinket isn't bad, just fight-specific; it's really good on Galakras.

How much better though? Since I have Rune the stats on the weapon really don't matter. I am only really getting a benifit from the gem socket bing more optimal right? I raid 25 man so there are 6 loot chances on the boss every week + more warforged than 10 man and I am the only Agi Polearm mainspec user so I'll probably be saving my coin unless I really really need the ring.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:36 pm

It has slightly more total stats (add them up for yourself to see). The reason for this is that the item budget formula allocates more total stats to items whose stat distribution is more even -- so since Halberd has an almost equal quantity of its two secondary stats, it gets slightly more overall.

It's not a big difference though. Something like 1k DPS.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:15 pm

gotcha. I'll probably be coining that boss on future runs for the ring anyways (last non-rune ToT piece). Here on out I think I'll be holding coins for Shamans, Malkorok, Thok. We cleared to spoils and almost downed it last night so Sunday (our next raid night) I expect it will drop really fast and we will move on to Thok.

Any tips for Thok for p2. I have found chasing him down to be kinda easy as long as I am getting heals. I am honestly not sure if our group has the DPS yet to down him without dieing in the fire phase.

Honored

Postby Paloro » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Tremnen wrote:Any tips for Thok for p2. I have found chasing him down to be kinda easy as long as I am getting heals. I am honestly not sure if our group has the DPS yet to down him without dieing in the fire phase.

Melee can follow him through 3 fixates. As the 4th is being cast, I DB out to the jailer and build up as many cps as possible and redirect them to Thok. As he runs by I can normally lay down a Rip/Rake/Thrash.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Paloro wrote:
Tremnen wrote:Any tips for Thok for p2. I have found chasing him down to be kinda easy as long as I am getting heals. I am honestly not sure if our group has the DPS yet to down him without dieing in the fire phase.

Melee can follow him through 3 fixates. As the 4th is being cast, I DB out to the jailer and build up as many cps as possible and redirect them to Thok. As he runs by I can normally lay down a Rip/Rake/Thrash.

I can usually follow him the entire phase (only been chomped once and it was because I ran THROUGH him on accident and into the chomp AOE). between dash / roar/ catform I havent had a problem keeping pace and putting damage in. Worst case scenario I pop HotW and wrath spam him for a bit.

Return to Kitty DPS