Register

Looking for some help

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Looking for some help

Postby Andanas » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:42 am

Hi all,

I've been running flex both this week, and two weeks ago, and both times I am near the bottom on DPS. Now I know one reason is I was sitting at 522-526 ilvl (I'm at 529 post raid), and most everyone else is at 540 ilvl or higher, especially this week. I also know I am not good at fights where there is a lot of target switching, or AoE fights, which is what most of the 2nd wing in Siege is.

Here's the log, and my armory, so pick away...just be gentle.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/avf7 ... amageDone/
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... s/advanced

I am working on my legendary, Im at 16/20 secrets, and I still have 1st wings of ToT, and SoO to run yet...so hopefully RNG is kind.

Revered

Re: Looking for some help

Postby Alpheus » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:55 am

It's a bit difficult to fine-tune dps for the bosses you posted logs for since any kind of multi-target boss will require either one of the T15 or T16 4sets to make target-swapping easier (it's still possible without, but you'll be having a hell of a time).

What stood out is that you didn't seem to manage to put any rips up during Rune procs (Iron Jugg) and you seemed to be idle for the Dark Shaman pull. The former implies poor energy management and you do seem to have quite low uptime on Rip. For your gear level I'd expect minimal FB's and as efficient roars as possible. Your roar uptime of 318 seconds with 12 casts suggests that you're roaring with too few CPs and are thus wasting valuable energy, CPs and most of all time. You even had periods where you CP and energy-starved yourself just before a RoRO proc resulting in colossal downtime. Ideally you would go up to 4-5 CPs and sit there pooling energy, throwing in a Thrash to avoid getting capped if it's not up, then re-applying a rip and be ready to react to trinket procs.

While you're still gearing up and learning fights, the number one priority you should be keeping an eye out for is to never be on 0 energy and 0 CPs at the same time (when TF isn't available). After that you make sure you use roar at 4-5 when possible and then keep reacting to trinket procs.

Your ilvl here is not important as much because you are in LFR and Timeless gear, thus lacking Legendary Gems, extra sockets, Legendary Cloak and most importantly set bonuses. If your fellow dps are in 540 flex set gear then they're essentially 2-3 tiers ahead of you and you shouldn't be surprised that you pull half or a third of their dps (BIS ferals sim about 140k in T14, 260k in T15 and ~400k+ in T16). Your raw item level puts you somewhere between T14 and T15 but since it's timeless it's closer to T14- (since you lack the legendary cloak, cannot use the extra socket on SoO weapons and you do not have any set bonuses which are about +5-10% dps in total).

I see that you're also using HotW but you didn't (have to) use Tranquility (or HotW for that matter) on any of the fights. If your extra healing is not required for your raid then I'd suggest swapping over to DoC to help you focus a bit more on your bleed optimizations.

Also, AoC is quite annoying to be honest and I'd rather suggest you pick up a normal or higher Renataki if that's available to you (Doing Jinrokh on heroic ain't that difficult nowadays and it only takes about a couple minutes).

Honored

Postby Andanas » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:04 am

Thanks for the breakdown Alpheus. I know not having any of the legendary items, and set bonuses hurts me a lot. I still have my 502 LFR tier 15 set, but I don't see that helping me, and I think I'm better off working towards T16 set bonuses. I'd been running HotW merely for the simpler rotation, but I will give DoC another try.

One last thing, when you have time, can you show me where you pulled the information you did for your first paragraph? Thanks

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:21 am

I've put the following query in the expression editor:

Code: Select all
sourceName = "Andanas"
AND (spell in ("Blades", "Re-Origination", "Dream of Cenarius", "Tiger's Fury")
OR spell in ("Rake", "Rip", "Thrash", "Ferocious Bite") AND fulltype = SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS)

... and then check whether you have re-applied either rip or rake during an active proc.

Return to Kitty DPS