Register

Pick my dps apart ^^

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Pick my dps apart ^^

Postby CóladaEU » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:05 pm

Ok since a few people have been posting logs and getting feedback and tips to improve I'm doing the same.

Here's a recent log from a Garrosh Hellscream attempt, which lasted 9min and 22s.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yzn9mtc66kurqse2/details/342/?s=12944&e=13506

It just feels like it could be better. I'm running with a 530 RoR and 561 Haromm's, sitting at 557ilvl.

Anything in there I can improve?

Re: Pick my dps apart ^^

Postby Millerr » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Well first things first, I would definitely try and get a heroic/heroic TF rune asap. Heroic Lei Shen is still pretty difficult, but it's manageable with a pug if you find the right group of people (I still run it every week for a shot at a heroic TF version).

just taking a glance at your logs one thing that might help improve your damage is a higher uptime on thrash (yes single target) and rip (your rip normally shouldn't be lower than rake).

You should also make it a habit of using your tigers fury and berserk as close to on-cooldown as possible (saving a few seconds is fine if you use it on a rip).

Try to avoid using bear form as a defensive unless absolutely necessary, barkskin and survival instincts work just as fine and don't nerf your damage.

You only have one ferocious bite which tells me either you didn't have him in bitw phase for very long, or you were replacing your rip. It also makes me a little curious where your combo points were going. Are you using it to refresh savage roar prematurely or are cutting your rip? This might explain why rip is lower than rake.

You had 42 predators swiftness procs but only 29 dream of cenarius buffs gained. Try not to waste those even if they're just being used on shreds.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:09 am

Millerr wrote:Try to avoid using bear form as a defensive unless absolutely necessary, barkskin and survival instincts work just as fine and don't nerf your damage.

lots of guilds, Mine included. have all melee who can taunt taunt out empowered whirling adds to solo kill them away from each other.

since both times he was in bear form were near the last 25% of the fight i assume this is what he was doing.

Postby CóladaEU » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:58 am

Millerr wrote:Well first things first, I would definitely try and get a heroic/heroic TF rune asap. Heroic Lei Shen is still pretty difficult, but it's manageable with a pug if you find the right group of people (I still run it every week for a shot at a heroic TF version).

Yeah, I'm trying to run for it. Usually when I do jump into a ToT HC run they can't get past DA. Maybe I should start looking cross realm.

You only have one ferocious bite which tells me either you didn't have him in bitw phase for very long, or you were replacing your rip. It also makes me a little curious where your combo points were going. Are you using it to refresh savage roar prematurely or are cutting your rip? This might explain why rip is lower than rake.

Yeah sometimes I cast SR prematurely, and I tend to refresh rip when there's 2-3 seconds left. This is a bad habit I need to cut out, casting SR prematurely when there's still a good time left on it.

Millerr wrote:
Try to avoid using bear form as a defensive unless absolutely necessary, barkskin and survival instincts work just as fine and don't nerf your damage.

lots of guilds, Mine included. have all melee who can taunt taunt out empowered whirling adds to solo kill them away from each other.

since both times he was in bear form were near the last 25% of the fight i assume this is what he was doing.

This is exactly what I was doing. ^^

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:43 pm

you are however staying in bear form. you should just bear form growl shift to cat form to kill it.

you lose dps time staying in bear as you do much more damage in cat than bear.

Honored

Postby Paloro » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:25 pm

[quote="CóladaEU"]This is a bad habit I need to cut out, casting SR prematurely when there's still a good time left on it.
quote]

It's better then letting SR fall off or potentially not having enough energy/cp to capitalize on further trinket procs. I play very conservatively when it comes to using FB.

Postby CóladaEU » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:56 pm

Also I do need to improve better energy management. The reason I think Rake was higher than Rip on this try was because I was using Rake as a CP builder during RoR proc and at times, missed buffing Rip with the RoR + DoC proc.

I have been playing feral since BC, but I believe there's always room for improvement. Thanks for the tips, I'll make the adjustments needed. ^^

Return to Kitty DPS