Register

feral questions 2.0

Face-rippin fun.

feral questions 2.0

Postby Dazzlie » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:44 am

So i've got a few questions I'd like to discuss with you guys.

First one is: do we mangle or shred now? -_-

Secondly, i have this happening to me plenty of times so far and i get really confused on what i should do: so let's say i get a good 350k rip and rake on the opener with all cds procing, and all that other beautiful stuff. towards the middle of the duration
of my rip, my AoC is still proced and RoRo procs again. Should i a) refresh my rip or b) just not bother because it would mean halving its potential for the duration it had left?

One other question is related to the t16 2set. when it procs and i've got anything running low (savage roar, rake, etc) should i just refresh those first or just go ahead and thrash(assuming it's not up) then shred(mangle) spam? Because i find if i refresh them I kind of lose its duration.

Also, i know sims say that TED is best but... really? better than AoC? i know you guys will just paste sims but it's very situational isn't it?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... e/advanced

Malkorok HC WOL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6 ... =241&e=546

Thanks,
Dazzllie

Re: feral questions 2.0

Postby JTF195 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:37 pm

1. If you're only going to use one or the other, Mangle is best, but you should try to use shred during berserk/lust mainly, but also whenever you're about to energy cap, already have SR/dots up, and a stronger thrash than the one you would apply if you used it instead.

2. You should refresh it. More total uptime with high damage multipliers > losing duration on an existing dot.

As far as the 2set, I'm not sure.

The problem with AoC is that the proc is ICD, and so your RoR and AoC don't line up as much. The CD reduction is really good, but the proc sucks.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:54 pm

JTF195 wrote:1. If you're only going to use one or the other, Mangle is best, but you should try to use shred during berserk/lust mainly, but also whenever you're about to energy cap, already have SR/dots up, and a stronger thrash than the one you would apply if you used it instead.

2. You should refresh it. More total uptime with high damage multipliers > losing duration on an existing dot.

As far as the 2set, I'm not sure.

The problem with AoC is that the proc is ICD, and so your RoR and AoC don't line up as much. The CD reduction is really good, but the proc sucks.

The CD reduction actually isn't that great for dps, it's mostly increasing your utility by having more defensive CDs and stampedes.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:18 pm

The berserk cooldown reduction isn't that impressive. The TF cooldown reduction with 4p makes a difference.

Return to Kitty DPS