Register

H RSC vs TED

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

H RSC vs TED

Postby lamchopp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Another trinket thread yay!

Seriously though, I haven't found much on this save for maybe 1 thread but as others may be in similar situations I wanna ask:

Provided the other trinket is rune, which is realistically better?

H Rentaki's or TED? 553 TED (Ticking Ebon Detonator) sims to be ~1k higher or even about the same as Rentaki's and a 2/2 upgraded version would be ~2-3k higher than H Rentaki's. That being said I feel that it's going to be very hard to capitalize on the TED proc as it diminishes quickly so that by the time you get to refresh rip it's weaker if not the same as a Rentaki proc. I have a 553 TED but I don't have any VP to upgrade it this week and I could potentially get a H Haromm's or AoC next week so I'm not sure if I should just stick with the Rentaki's for now or use TED and upgrade it in the future if I don't manage to get a H trinket (all of which sim to be much higher).

What do you guys think?

Revered

Re: H RSC vs TED

Postby Alpheus » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:23 pm

lamchopp wrote:Another trinket thread yay!

Seriously though, I haven't found much on this save for maybe 1 thread but as others may be in similar situations I wanna ask:

Provided the other trinket is rune, which is realistically better?

H Rentaki's or TED? 553 TED (Ticking Ebon Detonator) sims to be ~1k higher or even about the same as Rentaki's and a 2/2 upgraded version would be ~2-3k higher than H Rentaki's. That being said I feel that it's going to be very hard to capitalize on the TED proc as it diminishes quickly so that by the time you get to refresh rip it's weaker if not the same as a Rentaki proc. I have a 553 TED but I don't have any VP to upgrade it this week and I could potentially get a H Haromm's or AoC next week so I'm not sure if I should just stick with the Rentaki's for now or use TED and upgrade it in the future if I don't manage to get a H trinket (all of which sim to be much higher).

What do you guys think?

If it sims higher just use it. TED isn't as hard as you make it out to be. 20 Stacks of TED (561) are better than Renataki HC (549) down to the 13-14th stack at which point they're break-even (ie. the final second on Renataki where you'd aim to put a rip in). If you usually apply rips at around 7-10 rena stacks, then to gain an equivalent strength you could go down to 11 stacks (ie. the first 4.5 seconds of TED are the equivalent of Renataki's last 3).

Granted, TED has a slightly lower RPPM than Renataki but with all the rng that's going on with trinket overlaps and overlaps on execute ranges (not to mention special boss mechanics) it should be no more chaotic than what you're usually running with. On top of that, you'll get a hefty passive mastery budget which will no doubt boost your Rune proc - possibly high enough to offset the RPPM difference.

TL;DR: Upgrade TED, equip it and don't look back.

Re: H RSC vs TED

Postby lamchopp » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Thanks for the insight =).

Return to Kitty DPS