Register

Proving Grounds wave 8

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Proving Grounds wave 8

Postby shiftycow » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:20 am

Hi,

i'm currently stuck at 38th wave of proving grounds (with getting to 36 quite comfortably), and looking if someone got a way of dealing with it efficiently(8th waves in general, not specificaly with 38th one).

What i have available is troll-racial, maybe berserking buff on the ground(would rather not use it, as i'm saving for 9 and 10th waves) and i should have SavageRoar going for quite long, since i'm using berserking on 7th wave and it drops relatively fast. (One day i hope to get extremely lucky, and get amber transfered to next wave on the healer to drop him fast)

thanks

Shiftycow

Honored

Re: Proving Grounds wave 8

Postby inferiorlol » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:45 pm

I died at wave 38 as well (but you got 10 points more than me :P). It is very hard. It sort of feels that without luck with trinket procs you just can't do enough damage.

Postby voin_bobar » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:13 am

What items are you using, specifically trinkets? Are you going RoR setup, or something else. I've collected almost all of the items I think should be sufficient for Proving Grounds (as much red sockets as possible), but I'm still wondering on the trinkets, especially now that RoR procs do not scale with haste anymore.

Honored

Postby inferiorlol » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:17 am

voin_bobar wrote:What items are you using, specifically trinkets? Are you going RoR setup, or something else. I've collected almost all of the items I think should be sufficient for Proving Grounds (as much red sockets as possible), but I'm still wondering on the trinkets, especially now that RoR procs do not scale with haste anymore.

RoR sucks since the proc rate scales with ilvl and the fact that with ilvl 463 you have very low secondary stats. I went with Renataki and Juju. Then as much mastery crit gear I could find. There is a thread somewhere here discussing "BiS" gear for proving ground / challenge mode.

Return to Kitty DPS