Register

DoC & feral, question about rake/rip

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

DoC & feral, question about rake/rip

Postby xahn » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi guys, today I was shocked at something in the game and decided to post here and ask, because if its true then I am wasting alot of DPS.

I've always used DoC for bleeds, either rip or rake, but try to do them on rip mostly but it's easier to apply on RAKE if you have a strong rip with trinkets. I'll try to make this short because I only noticed it with rake.

Today, I was testing and discovered that with only SR up, and if I rake. then immediately after that I cast healing touch and get DoC on me, then rake again (With no trinkets or any other powering up). the rake damage is the same exact one that didn't have a DoC up on it.

Now my question is obvious, why didn't DoC increase the bleed from rake for me? am I understanding it wrong or what? because It really didn't. my rake was in power with doc as it was without DoC.

Revered

Re: DoC & feral, question about rake/rip

Postby Alpheus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:29 pm

pawnee wrote:Hi guys, today I was shocked at something in the game and decided to post here and ask, because if its true then I am wasting alot of DPS.

I've always used DoC for bleeds, either rip or rake, but try to do them on rip mostly but it's easier to apply on RAKE if you have a strong rip with trinkets. I'll try to make this short because I only noticed it with rake.

Today, I was testing and discovered that with only SR up, and if I rake. then immediately after that I cast healing touch and get DoC on me, then rake again (With no trinkets or any other powering up). the rake damage is the same exact one that didn't have a DoC up on it.

Now my question is obvious, why didn't DoC increase the bleed from rake for me? am I understanding it wrong or what? because It really didn't. my rake was in power with doc as it was without DoC.

Would be much easier to answer if you posted some logs. Could be anything from not tracking certain debuffs to your addons not picking up certain spell IDs correctly.

Honored

Postby xahn » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:57 am

Oh it was on dummy, but you were correct about the addon. I'm using a WA that calculate debuff and it was not accounting for DoC. the WA import I actually got from here, it has a red with green numbers, and if there's a stronger deep it will become green. but I can't find the thread I got it from and I kinda wanted to mention that it isn't accounting for DoC

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:10 am

pawnee wrote:Oh it was on dummy, but you were correct about the addon. I'm using a WA that calculate debuff and it was not accounting for DoC. the WA import I actually got from here, it has a red with green numbers, and if there's a stronger deep it will become green. but I can't find the thread I got it from and I kinda wanted to mention that it isn't accounting for DoC

The DoC spell ID changed when 5.4 shipped so if you haven't been playing DoC since then, you should probably update it.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:00 pm

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4446&start=50 This is the Bleed Ratio WA's that most of us here use.

More specifically this code: http://pastebin.com/p9FG5xHV

It is maintained by Stenhaldi. I have been using it for months and I have had 0 issues with it.

Honored

Postby xahn » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Steakbomb, I tried the ratio you mentioned, they are nice. but I was referring to this here -> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4720

It is used by fragnance from method and I kinda like it, the post was in this thread by Yriss, a quick pastebin if you want to give it a try, here http://pastebin.com/SWpRNWUJ

By the way, I saw the code inside the WA and it is in fact using some old configs, maybe from patch 5.3, for example I noticed that SR = 1.3x damage, which is wrong, right now SR is 40% so it should be 1.4x Also the DoC used to be 25%, so in the config it says "1.25x" I also fixed it to 1.3x due to the change 30% power.

Sorry about my bad english, I am trying to explain as best as I can. anyway after all my attempts to fix it for 5.4 with the new ratio's and changes, it still give a little bit of wrong information, maybe still need more fixing to other stuff, other than SR and DoC, cause these are the only things I fixed. take a look if you like and let me know what you think

Return to Kitty DPS