Register

Qn abt T16 Bonuses and Garrosh

Face-rippin fun.
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:31 am

Qn abt T16 Bonuses and Garrosh

Postby strayed » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi, I am hoping to get some tips regarding the T16 two and four set bonus. Recently obtained it and I don't have much time to experiment with it yet. So I will gladly take any tips regarding the maximization on dps with this and the two set as well. That and I haven't seemed to be able to find much information regarding it. Like any dps rotation changes upon getting it. Here is my armory for a better idea. As well as the logs from the most recent attempts on Garrosh.

I swapped to DoC upon obtaining it as well as keeping FoN. Will appreciate if I can grab anyone's opinion regarding the two observations below.

Observation 1: I looked around and apparently the opener changes upon having this. This is what I am doing currently.
HT - Virmen's Bite - TF - SR - Ravage - Rip - Treants - HT - Rake - Thrash.
I tried having SR after TF but apparently the four set bonus does not proc for some reason.

Observation 2: If TF is up, the rotation goes something like this... (Situational but tends to be something like this.)
Get to three or four combo points, five if it doesn't delay - TF - SR/Rip - get to five combo points - HT - Rip.

For Rake and Thrash, I try to keep them up after they drop off. As well as clipping them whenever a stronger one is present. As well as the Rip in between TF. I have no idea how to maximize the 2 set bonus other than refreshing if it is stronger than the current one I have on the target. I am using the Weakauras script of comparing the bleeds strength.
I also am embarrassed to say but I have seen posts on extending the current duration of Rip if they are less than 1 or 2 seconds and a new one is applied. Does that mean if the current duration is 16 secs, the next one is > 16? Or it is the tooltip that Mangle, Ravage, Shred while Rip is on that it extends 2 secs (Max by 6). If it is the latter, how do we use it effectively?

Lastly, we are currently at 10 man Garrosh. Will it be worth it to swap FoN for SotF ? Since by having more energy means I can put more dots on Garrosh after the first intermission in between Mind Control and Whirling Corruption. My raid team requires melee to run back to the ranged stack point during MC. I didn't think of swapping my talent till after the raid (Silly me). Our latest attempt brought him down to 5% after like 23 wipes today. So I will be grateful if there are any tips to let me push out more a lil more dps.

Sorry, for the extremely long post. First time posting here, pardon me if I broke any rules unknowingly.

Thanks for the help and reading:)

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1161
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Qn abt T16 Bonuses and Garrosh

Postby aggixx » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:45 am

Sorry for the slowish response!

strayed wrote:I swapped to DoC upon obtaining it as well as keeping FoN. Will appreciate if I can grab anyone's opinion regarding the two observations below.

Talent choice shouldn't really be influenced by these set bonuses. The 4pc is a tad better for DoC than HotW but it's not to the point where it's going to change your decision on what you would already be using for each fight.

strayed wrote:Observation 1: I looked around and apparently the opener changes upon having this. This is what I am doing currently.
HT - Virmen's Bite - TF - SR - Ravage - Rip - Treants - HT - Rake - Thrash.
I tried having SR after TF but apparently the four set bonus does not proc for some reason.

This is only worth bothering with if you have Rune and Ticking Ebon Detonator in addition to the 4pc, that way you get the DoC buffed ~18 stack TED Rip. And you have to be targeting the boss when you cast the SR or it won't work (it also aggros the boss when you do this so time appropriately).

strayed wrote:Observation 2: If TF is up, the rotation goes something like this... (Situational but tends to be something like this.)
Get to three or four combo points, five if it doesn't delay - TF - SR/Rip - get to five combo points - HT - Rip.

For Rake and Thrash, I try to keep them up after they drop off. As well as clipping them whenever a stronger one is present. As well as the Rip in between TF. I have no idea how to maximize the 2 set bonus other than refreshing if it is stronger than the current one I have on the target. I am using the Weakauras script of comparing the bleeds strength.

You're overthinking things a bit, the rotation isn't really much different with the 4pc than without (other than the obvious of you want to make sure you actually consume the buff before it falls off). You don't need to have 5 CP going into the TF because you have 12s after you cast the TF to consume the buff. Like you said, bleed clipping doesn't change, you just clip it when you can put up a stronger one.

strayed wrote:I also am embarrassed to say but I have seen posts on extending the current duration of Rip if they are less than 1 or 2 seconds and a new one is applied. Does that mean if the current duration is 16 secs, the next one is > 16? Or it is the tooltip that Mangle, Ravage, Shred while Rip is on that it extends 2 secs (Max by 6). If it is the latter, how do we use it effectively?

All DoTs and some buffs like SR have this mechanic called "dot refresh". When you reapply the dot when it's time remaining is less than the tick interval, the remaining duration is applied to the new buff. Rip's tick interval is 2 seconds, so if you apply Rip when your current Rip has 1.5 seconds left, the new Rip will start at 17.5 seconds. Same goes for Rake, Thrash (Cat), and Savage Roar, which all have 3 second tick intervals.

It is not an "extension" per se, just a mechanic that allows you to prevent wasting the very tail end of a dot when you reapply a new one, it is essentially tacking the new dot onto the end of the current one.

strayed wrote:Lastly, we are currently at 10 man Garrosh. Will it be worth it to swap FoN for SotF ? Since by having more energy means I can put more dots on Garrosh after the first intermission in between Mind Control and Whirling Corruption. My raid team requires melee to run back to the ranged stack point during MC. I didn't think of swapping my talent till after the raid (Silly me). Our latest attempt brought him down to 5% after like 23 wipes today. So I will be grateful if there are any tips to let me push out more a lil more dps.


Both are valid choices I would say. FoN is the weaker choice for P1 but that's hardly what you're trying to maximize to kill that fight. I prefer to use SotF.
Image

Return to Kitty DPS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 2 guests