Register

Help examine my logs please!!

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Help examine my logs please!!

Postby metaa » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Hello I'm a new cat dps about a month or 2 ago I switched from bear. I've just started to do decent numbers and was hoping for some log analysis. My armory and my logs are below, if you guys see anything that could possibly help me let me know!!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... eta/simple
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8hwrr ... 733&e=6044

Exalted

Re: Help examine my logs please!!

Postby aggixx » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:07 pm

You're definitely doing quite well for having only played a month or two, nice job! A couple small things I noticed:

Your warrior is the only person in the group applying sunder. His Glyph of Colossus Smash will keep the stack rolling as long as he's alive but you should probably at least help him out by putting the 3 stack up at the beginning of the fight for him, otherwise it takes him about 45 seconds to do it himself. I usually apply it when my berserk ends, which is around my first Ferocious Bite. You could also apply it after Rune ends, but I wouldn't do it any sooner because the first 10s of our rotation is really tight. Also keep in mind that if he dies the boss will probably have no sunder on it for the rest of the fight, so you might want to watch for that. It's also a good idea to get in the habit of FFing in your downtime regardless of if someone is applying it (after your take yourself to very low energy or during pooling).

You're pushing back your Tiger's Fury cooldown by using Berserk like you are. Your goal should be to use them together in most normal situations, a macro like this is a really good one to have:
Code: Select all
#show Berserk
/use 10
/use 13
/cast Tiger's Fury
/cast Berserk

And then you can just use that instead of pressing Berserk. In the log you linked you could've gotten 2 whole extra TFs if you did this.

Your bleed and SR uptime is generally stellar, but your Rip uptime is actually too high because you're not using Ferocious Bites pre-execute range like you could be. Don't be afraid to throw in a 5 CP FB in when your Savage Roar and Rip both have a while to go on them, especially during Berserk and when you have the 4pc up (once you get it).

Generally, if you hit 5 CP during Berserk and SR and Rip are already up you should FB (unless you can apply a stronger rip). Outside of Berserk, if SR and Rip are already up you want to wait until you have high energy (like 90) and if they're still good then you can FB (SR can be refreshed a bit early too, up to 9 seconds is fine).

Once you work on those things I would definitely recommend trying out Dream of Cenarius if you don't mind the loss of the raid utility (it's not a huge deal in 25m for most people). The basic idea is you want to use Healing Touch when your Predatory Swiftness is about to expire or when you reach 4+ CP (that way you can get the buff on 1 rake if needed and a finisher).

Finally, make sure you have some way to see your relative bleed strengths, I would recommend WeakAuras. You can pretty much overwrite Rip or Rake anytime it says it's a 15% gain or more that should be a very nice DPS gain if you're not already doing something along those lines.

Postby metaa » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:13 pm

tyvm, really solid advice. Hopefully I do better this week putting all of that into practice. I was trying doc doing aweful, is there any tricks to it?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:08 pm

Make sure you're waiting to high energy if your Rip and SR are fine like I said, that will pretty much guarantee you can get to 4 CP before PS ends on your next CP cycle. Also keep in mind that you're not always going to be able to use the PS at 4+ CP, it's just not possible.

Also it's important to have an effective display for the remaining duration of your Predatory Swiftness, here's the import for the WeakAura I use if you're interested:
http://pastebin.com/0aeJXHMw

It's also helpful to have a Healing Touch macro that won't pop you out of Cat Form if you hit it at the wrong time. I have mine setup so it'll let me break form outside of combat, and I also made it into a fishing macro because my HT happens to be on a convenient keybind! :D (you can take that part out if you'd like though, although it won't do anything unless you have a fishing pole on).
Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast [equipped:Fishing Pole] Fishing
/stopmacro [equipped:Fishing Pole]
/run if InCombatLockdown() then SetCVar("autounshift",0) end
/use [@player,mod:shift][@target,help][]Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:21 am

You, sir, are a genius :D
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby metaa » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:02 pm

I never thought to pool energy before using my finishing moves derp, I'll see how that is in comparison. Also does doc become stronger with 4 pc? I would imagine so just b/c more cp= more ps procs.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Yeah, you could say it does, although I like to think of it as the other way around (4-piece being more beneficial to DoC than HotW).

I had a post somewhere with specific values but it's very old and I can't find it. If I remember correctly it's about 50% stronger for DoC, so in terms of your question I think you could say the gap between DoC and HotW widens by 1-2% when you get 4p (at least on paper).

Return to Kitty DPS