Register

Feral Druid Gems, Mastery vs Agi

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Feral Druid Gems, Mastery vs Agi

Postby Westerberg » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Hey! I need some advice, With Gemin, Since I use Catus for My Feral druid Athezis, Argent Dawn, Itlvl 543 it wants me to gem Agi in the red slots, And since I have been looking on High ranked Feral druids out there, They Use Orange sockets in the red slots mostly, "80 agi, 160 mastery", So I thought I should see what the difference would become in dps, when using Adept Vermilion Onyx, instead of 160 Agi Delicate Primordial Ruby, And To the point, Catus showed me that my dps increased about 2-4k dps,

And I wonder what are your thoughts on this, and When I should switch to Adept Vermilion Onyx 80agi 160Mastery Gems? Thank you for looking at this! ^^

Revered

Re: Feral Druid Gems, Mastery vs Agi

Postby Steakbomb » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:12 pm

It depends on your gear really.

Do you have Rune?

If yes then a combo of Agi/Mastery, Agi/Crit, and Agi/Haste is used sometimes in Red slots to max out your Rune Proc.
If no then idk why they would use Agi/Mastery gems over Agility gems as straight Agility scales better than mastery.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:16 am

There's basically 4 gem modes:
1. No Rune: maximize stat weights (which has 1 Agi > 2 Mast, so mostly Red/Orange/Purple)
2. Rune+Red: low item level
3. Rune+Yellow: high item level
4. Rune+Orange: you've got a strange arrangement of gear where gemming Red gives you a terrible 1:1:1 balance (or having Mastery as the leading stat is impossible) otherwise, this gem style is not recommended.

The transition between Red and Yellow is gentle, and is recommended somewhere above 560 item level.

Postby Westerberg » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:42 am

Alright then, This gives me a better view on how to gem, Thank you so much for the Answers Appreciate it! :)
And it really makes sence what you said by the way, so will take your advice. Thank you! ^^

Return to Kitty DPS