Register

Need some Trinket Advice please

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Need some Trinket Advice please

Postby Maengorn » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:31 pm

So would you recommend using TED and HT in fights that my guild has on farm and using AoC and HT (or maybe RoR) on progression? I enjoy the extra damage and ranking on fights is always nice but I think I saw another thread where players said AoC was more useful in the Garrosh fight because you can use SI more frequently for whirling corruption and SR when you enter the realms to move the group faster. My guild has been having a hard time on Garrosh.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:08 pm

If you find yourself lacking survivability then AoC is definitely a sound choice, but that should pretty rarely be the case (most times if you're dying either cooldowns wouldn't save you anyway, or it's to something you couldn't reasonably use cooldowns for). If there's a fight that doesn't fall into that category though, it's definitely Garrosh.

If you're having better damage using TED then I would say in most cases you're better off using it for progression, but keep an open mind and don't forget you have options, it may not always be the best choice.

Postby Dargaron » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:34 am

I've been mulling trinket pairings over the past few days since I saw (and missed out on) a Heroic Warforged Haromm's.

When running Catus sims with my gear to find he trinket pairings, TED and RoRo feature high on the rankings as the best combination of trinkets to use. Theory is great and all, but relying on getting some super high bleeds going seems to be contrary to what we can achieve on fights such as Nazgrim where we're changing all of the time, and even the symbiosis of a warlock proves to be useless when the bleed swap can only be done once every 30sec.

I have a Thunderforged RoRo and it's incredibly unlikely that I'll be going back to get the heroic or even Heroic Thunderforged variants. Currently the RoRo is paired with a Heroic AoC.

The way my guild's loot council works is we nominate a BIS and it puts us high in the queue, and I'm not sure what to choose. Is it worth nominating TED as my BIS? I'm thinking I should actually go with Haromm's and AoC as I imagine they'd be across-the-board most useful. Without a TED I can't say, but, for example, if TED procs am I going to have enough time to get to 4 or 5 CP, pop a HT and get a DoC'd rip and rake down reliably to make the trinket worthwhile?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:43 am

I would recommend Haromm's personally as the first choice for sure. Haromm's is as simple, reliable, and as competitive with TED as it gets. AoC vs TED is harder pick but I would personally go with TED since I'm a DPS fiend (there's a pretty sizable difference between the two), AoC is far from useless though especially without Rune, so it's a good option to keep around.

Using AoC over TED might not be a bad call either depending on how much you like TED. Would recommend trying to get your hands on a lower item level one to play with a bit and see if you're okay with using it.

Postby Dargaron » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:08 am

I've actually got a normal TED, Normal Haromm's and Heroic AoC. But if the DPS difference is that sizeable, I'll shoot for the TED and see if I can make it work! But if I can't, I'll also try and get a Heroic Haromm's too.

Cheers.

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS