Register

need some real help

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

need some real help

Postby ripshawn » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:22 am

okay i have rechecked my toon using Catus and made sure i had as many of the BiS gear possible. i use Ovale and the Leafkiller's script. i'm having problems with my DPS as you can see from my logs i have never topped 200k DPS ever. here is my best logs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q ... 1#Ripshawn

could use some help since i have a 566 ilvl and we will be starting heroics next week and i would like to do want i should be doing. Thanks for the help
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. the world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

“ A generation which ignores history has no past and no future. ” Robert A. Heinlein

Re: need some real help

Postby Kroníc » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:56 am

1. Your Savage Roar uptime is low. Push that up to 98%+
2. Your not using TF off CD. I would suggest making a Weakaura or some form of indicator when its off cd. (Just noticed you have AoC too, should be alot more TF usage)
3. Your Rake/Rip uptimes could use some work as well. Your Rip uptime on Fallen Protectors is especially low.

Your current Buff/Debuff uptimes
http://imageshack.us/a/img560/2737/98wd.png

Vs an example feral with AoC uptimes
http://imageshack.us/a/img823/5995/72cg.png

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:59 am

Your average time per cast on Savage Roar is about 26 seconds which indicates low-CP usage. Ease up on your Ferocious Bite and non-OoC thrash usage for now until you manage to get it up at 4-5CPs consistently without letting rip and rake fall off.

Code: Select all
sourceName = "Ripshawn"
AND (spell in ("Dextrous", "Ferocity", "Dream of Cenarius")
OR spell in ("Mangle", "Shred", "Rake", "Rip", "Savage Roar") AND fulltype = SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS)

Checking the expression above on Sha it seemed as you were spamming rake on the pull without having RoRo equiped (you were running AoC + cleave).

[21:16:59.505] Ripshawn casts Rip on Sha of Pride
[21:16:59.598] Ripshawn's Dextrous fades from Ripshawn
[21:17:00.544] Ripshawn casts Rip on Sha of Pride

The combo above comes up a lot in the first couple minutes of the fight and seems to indicate that you're spamming rip when you're very close to AoC expiring but this causes you to re-apply a 3CP rip with the 4set right after (these also never seem to have a DoC buff up in time)
If you haven't noticed this so far on your own leaves me to believe that you're only tracking binary bleed strengths (Better, same, worse; like the green/gray/red dots on DroodFocus) without actually tracking their relative/absolute power (ie. 40%, 140%, 200%). If you're using DroodFocus turn on DOT Power under Options -> Icons -> Rake, Rip, Thrash or use the Bleed Ratios WA from these forums

[21:16:04.742] Ripshawn casts Rip on Sha of Pride
[21:16:06.554] Ripshawn casts Savage Roar

You often cast Savage Roar immediately after Rip from the 4set combos which seems to confirm the aforementioned low-CP usage.

Try to calm down and practice pooling energy more. Hit a dummy and only do roars, rips and rakes with mangle. Try to keep your energy as close to 90 as possible and try not to spam your keys.
Last edited by Alpheus on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby ripshawn » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:14 am

thanks for the info so far i'll try to do all things both of you said i should do. when i did that log it was my best but since then i have gotten better gear but i have not been able to do any better. How i have a question on ovale i avg about 200 ms and 30 fps in my 25m raid and i saw somewhere you can change the time it take to tell you what spell to use next what should i place that at. Oh and on nourshen my guild use 3 tanks since i can take so much damage the other 2 tank take the adds i just never go in ( make me sad kitty/ bear)
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. the world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

“ A generation which ignores history has no past and no future. ” Robert A. Heinlein

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:22 am

ripshawn wrote:thanks for the info so far i'll try to do all things both of you said i should do. when i did that log it was my best but since then i have gotten better gear but i have not been able to do any better. How i have a question on ovale i avg about 200 ms and 30 fps in my 25m raid and i saw somewhere you can change the time it take to tell you what spell to use next what should i place that at. Oh and on nourshen my guild use 3 tanks since i can take so much damage the other 2 tank take the adds i just never go in ( make me sad kitty/ bear)

Try not to rely on Ovale too much while you're raiding. While it's very good most of the time it still cannot account for perfect bleed power planning (especially not with two ICD trinkets) not to mention it has no concept of "leaving the boss", multi-dotting or "swap to adds". It's cool to have for practicing the rotation and rhythm on dummies or even bosses such as Iron Jugg or Sha of Pride but get into a habbit of tracking your bleed strength by yourself and leave yourself enough time to make the correct call by pooling energy.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:51 am

What Alpheus said is very true, if you want to take it to the next level you need to think for yourself as much as possible and do what you think is appropriate for the situation at hand. Sometimes you may realize things Ovale does not and sometimes it may tell you things you didn't realize, it's combining those two things effectively that makes you an exceptional feral (at least in terms of dealing damage).

That's not necessarily to say relying on Ovale is bad, though. There are times where it's fine to chill out and autopilot, like during trash, and Ovale is quite good for that, and it's also great for when shit hits the fan and you'd really rather not put a ton of thought into your rotation while you pull off your glorious kitty tricks to finish of the boss after the raid nearly wipes at 1%.

Return to Kitty DPS