Register

I'm getting worse instead of better

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

I'm getting worse instead of better

Postby Sibylle » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:23 am

This is one of my "wondering" topics, if you're not into that kind of stuff, please just ignore ;)

As some of you know, I'm in a fairly casual guild but the only slightly more committed raid in it. We only raid 2 nights a week, 3 hours each, but I believe we have ok progress for that - 10/14 hc as of yesterday.

I worked my way into that group during ToT, steadily improving my dps and my gameplay, thanks in no small measure to the people in this forum and the amazing advice all around. I started out SoO usually second in damage and dps to our mage (raid leader) who's the best player in our group by a mile. I did beat him on the fights you would expect me to, Norushen, normal Sha, Juggernaut, Malkorok.

And then I kind of stagnated. In mid November, I did 330k dps on Norushen, which for me was pretty good. I have yet to repeat that, although I got a few gear upgrades in the meantime. Yesterday was an all-time low with 287k e (349k otherwise). On most fights I'm 4th or even 5th in dps now. I check logs and my uptimes are usually fine, but the damage is just embarrassing.

Could it be because I don't play as much anymore? During ToT I was still playing catch-up getting the cloak after my break from WoW, I did LFR every week plus raids plus dailies, scenarios, you name it. Now I'm mostly doing the raids themselves.

I'm currently also very slightly behind in gear, 3-5 ilevels behind the other dps in my group, but that shouldn't make quite such a difference. I don't have a Rune, I have a normal warforged weapon and normal Haromm's + hc AoC. Bracers from ToT hc. And still...

I guess the answer is hitting the dummies and getting Ovale up to see where I fall down. :roll:
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Re: I'm getting worse instead of better

Postby Paloro » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:52 am

You would be amazed at what a 572 or even a 580 weapon would do for your damage. Other then that KCCO (keep calm and claw on)

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:44 pm

Feral is big on RNG I think, I still can't even get close to my 522K dps on malkorok heroic I did like 4 weeks ago with like 5 less ilvls, but I'm still ranking pretty good on other fights, when trinkets allow.
Also getting rune wouldn't hurt.
ImageImage

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:59 pm

Has your raid comp changed at all? Our hunter is currently away due to becoming a new dad and I found myself DPSing with no attack speed or attack power buff. The results were a little underwhelming to say the least.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:09 pm

Hmmm, no, it has pretty much stayed the same. I do believe I'm fluctuating, but RNG might play a role as well. Thank you all for the encouragement - and Paloro, I love KCCO and I intend to steal it! Hehe.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Please make it "Rip On" or "Shed On". Claw should die a death that can never be resurrected!

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:21 am

Tinderhoof wrote:"...Shed On..."

Ferals - now with added realism! :lol:
-Sibylle

Postby Meejum » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Going to guess that your kill times are getting much quicker, which ultimately means less time in BITW. That can obviously mean less overall damage for other classes that get an execute, but who gets as much out of the execute as feral? Unholy and Mut, maybe, and I suppose warriors, but a fully buffed Rip is amazing.

And I would also make sure that all the buffs and debuffs are present that you have been accustomed to raiding with. I can't tell you how many times raiding with both a prot warr and bear druid that the armor pen debuff has fallen off in my group. I also had lower dps for a week or two before I figured out my herbalism buff was getting procced when my RoR was, meaning some HASTE buffed bleeds...yeah.

Lastly, tease out your main target dps vs the rest of your raiders. Is that falling behind also? Is it really that helpful to get sweet looking aoe numbers on heroic sha or malk, when the adds are mostly inconsequential and die to take aoe anyways?

Return to Kitty DPS