Register

Where did I go wrong?

Face-rippin fun.

Where did I go wrong?

Postby óak » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:22 pm

Hey guys,

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2 ... 910&e=3249

Last nights Malkorok kill. Up until then I'd been beating the other Feral on nearly all bosses, but I did really terribly on Malkorok and I'm not sure where I went wrong. I know my bleed uptimes were ~5% worse than they could have been, but 60k DPS behind the other feral?

Please, give me harsh feedback, I feel ashamed.

Oh, also, I've been looking into using FoN on certain fights. I need a little advice. The treants are buffed by trinket procs etc? as long as I use them when a trinket has procced? Should I use them on cooldown? Try and spawn as many as possible at once?

Thanks
-Óak

Honored

Re: Where did I go wrong?

Postby Paloro » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:50 pm

He is using TED/Harroms vs your RoR+Harroms which explains why you only had 40% crit on your Rip ticks and he had 65.4%.

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:59 pm

Without looking too much into it, your uptimes are a bit low, specially rake, mid-fight your dmg just drops, where you soaking range stuff?
You're also wasting tons of PS. procs.
and yes treants work on trinket procs, in the case of rune you want to use all the treants you have right when the buff is about to expire so they apply a rune buffed rake and their melee attacks are not nerfed by rune lowering haste and crit, so in other words their melee is dynamic and the rake is snapshot, and never let them cap on CD, if there is no procs and your 3rd one is 2 or so seconds from refreshing just use one.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:07 pm

He also out gears you by several ilvls. He got more TF's off (1), got more procs on his Haromms (7-6), his multi strike went off 20 more times doing 2 million more damage then yours. As mentioned above his Rip crit almost 40 more times then yours did (Rake had only 1 more crit then yours). Between his gear and his stars aligning it was just his fight to own I guess.

I am curious, if you don't have the TED trinket why are you opening with Ravage?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:45 pm

It reduces the chance of not being able to get your DoC Rip up in the first 10s if something goes wrong (because of the guaranteed 2 CP), so as long as you can get on the boss reasonably quickly it's probably worth it.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:03 pm

For something that is supposed to reduce the likely hood of "Something Going Wrong" it has its own set of things that can go wrong.

Postby óak » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:48 am

I actually didn't realise opening with ravage using the "advanced opener" was only suggested for TED, I started using it and definitely noticed a larger burst. Maybe It doesn't make as much difference as it felt like it did, but as long as I'm doing it correctly, I'm not nerfing myself(??)

I expect the drop in DPS mid fight was probably because I didn't DPS Malkorok at all during Blood Rage, I was running around soaking orbs. I actually forgot about that until now, which explains where at least 20 seconds of damage went.

I was aware that she outgears me, as mentioned I was ahead on every other boss fight up until Malkorok, hence my worry and this thread :p

Anyway thanks for the feedback folks :)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:17 am

The ravage based opener gets the most benefit with having TED as its the only way to make good use of the proc. Its still viable with out, but at our gear level and with the 4p it's stupidly easy to get a TF'd DoC'd on the opener. I don't use the ravage opener while my other feral does with a 580 TeD. His burst at the start is much higher then mine, but after a minute we are both neck and neck. In real situations I have not seen it make enough of a difference to justify the extra effort for me.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:12 am

Tinderhoof wrote:For something that is supposed to reduce the likely hood of "Something Going Wrong" it has its own set of things that can go wrong.

I read your post as if you were talking about just Ravage, not the Advanced TED opener.

Return to Kitty DPS