Register

catus + yellow gems + jewelcrafting

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

catus + yellow gems + jewelcrafting

Postby Tempo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:11 pm

how do i tell catus to change my JC gems intelligently using a RoR reforge? if there is no current method, i suppose i would just try each combination till i get the highest secondary stats? or is there a preferred?

thanks

Exalted

Re: catus + yellow gems + jewelcrafting

Postby raffy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:20 pm

Catus doesn't support automatic socketing of JC gems. The solution I have encouraged is to manually put 2x JC gems into your gear (like belt extra-socket or any socket that matchs the gem color.) Catus will not replace your JC gems once socketed.

This was thought to be a reasonable solution when 2x Red JC gems was our only choice. I agree that with 3x Yellow JC gems available, this kind of sucks. However, it doesn't actually matter: as long as you put two JC gems into your gear somewhere and it can find a reforge -- the choice of gem is irrelevant.

If any of your slots have expertise on them, it's very possible that one Yellow gem type is better than another. Try to choose the color that picks more Expertise/Sec gems over Agility/Sec gems.

There's enough degrees of freedom that you probably only need to consider 2x Mastery, 2x Crit, or 2x Haste (no mixed types.)

Note: the yellow JC gems are weak (480) vs the expected (640). You'll have to check your stat weights to see if JC Yellow > JC Red.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:22 pm

Tempo wrote:how do i tell catus to change my JC gems intelligently using a RoR reforge? if there is no current method, i suppose i would just try each combination till i get the highest secondary stats? or is there a preferred?

thanks

JC second gems just only 480 stats, I prefer JC gems still use Agi.

Postby Tempo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:57 am

thanks for the replys

edgy... what are your plans with catus (if any) for WoD?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:28 am

np.

I'm currently playing around with Hearthstone:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&start=850#p20978
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4808
(no stuff released yet though)

Future Catus plans:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&start=825#p20720
I think there's some other comments trickled throughout the Catus thread.
(And I still have another Catus update in the pipe before WoD)

Return to Kitty DPS