Register

CM Help Please.

Face-rippin fun.

CM Help Please.

Postby Nige » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:13 am

Hi all,

Myself and some guild mates are going to start working through the Challenge Modes with the ultimate aim of getting golds for the Transmog sets.

Ive had a look around all of the normal places (WoW Forums, Druid Blogs, MMO Champ etc) but havent been able to find much info on Feral gearing for CM's.

The only real info about gear and the like i found here but its a bit dated now (Pre SoO).

So my question is this, do you guys know of a resource somewhere or a BIS list i can look over or do you have any insights or feedback you would care to share?

Im particularly interested in your thoughts on trinkets, im able to lay my hands on all of the trinkets from SoO and wondered which would be the best bet?

Any and all help / advice you can offer would be very much appreciated.

My toon can be found here : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... e/advanced

Thanks again

Nige

Re: CM Help Please.

Postby Athen » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:53 am

Hey Nige,

i wouldn't realy recommend trinkets from SoO because they scale strongly with gear which you don't have in Challenge Modes. When i did my Proving Grounds attempts (there are the same gear restrictions) i switched my trinkets around and i did pretty well with Renatakis from ToT first boss, Bad Juju also ToT and even Ticking Ebon Detonator can be very usefull but the proc is hard to handle with this low amount of haste.
To summ it up: In my oppinion you should go with a rppm trinket that procs agility. In the end their proc is mostly stronger than any non-rppm trinket you can use like Relic of Xuen. They don't last that long but our strength as feral is to extend the bonusagility due to our bleeds longer so it doesn't realy matter if we get a 15 sec or a 10 sec proc if we are able to get a buffed Rip during that duration and rppm allows you to get even more procs if you are lucky.

Stay away from RoRo! This proc can be strong but the chance to proc is lowerd with its ilvl.

On generally gearing you can read this Thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4701

Postby Nige » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Hey Athen,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly on this, much appreciated. Ye i thought the RoR would be a no go but hadn't realised how strong the old ToT trinkets were.

Time to get my head in my bank and hope that I've not he DE joy!

Thanks again for your help , much appreciated :)

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:37 pm

if you have god reactions TED is just a backwards scaling Rentaki's. I prefer timing with a ramp up time than being reliant on fast fingers. TED actually procs at 9240 agility and if you happen to snap shot a bleed in the first 1.5 seconds it will be stronger than a 10 blade rentaki bleed but usually I don't have that kind of reaction speed or excess energy. It also has a lower RPPM than Rentaki (around 1 RPPM to rentaki's .62)

Postby Rayen » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Tremnen wrote:if you have god reactions TED is just a backwards scaling Rentaki's. I prefer timing with a ramp up time than being reliant on fast fingers. TED actually procs at 9240 agility and if you happen to snap shot a bleed in the first 1.5 seconds it will be stronger than a 10 blade rentaki bleed but usually I don't have that kind of reaction speed or excess energy. It also has a lower RPPM than Rentaki (around 1 RPPM to rentaki's .62)

You can't ignore the crap ton of Free Exp on Rentaki's though. It frees up a lot of secondary stats. Best trinkets I've found so far are Rentaki's and the Shadow-Pan Valor Trinket. Both give a lot of free hit/exp and are still good at a lover ilvl.

Postby Kroníc » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:12 am

I found that when I did CMs, taking HoTW was extremely useful. HoTW Hurricane/Tranq/Rejuv spam are extremely useful.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:08 am

if you are going for better than gold times HotW is mandatory if you are taking a feral. HotW hurricane / tranq are needed to survive a lot of the rougher spots.

Return to Kitty DPS