Register

Reforge

Face-rippin fun.

Reforge

Postby newferal » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Ive been reading this forum. However I cannot get a definate answer on reforge.

From what I have seen here, Hit+Expertise>mastery> then haste and crit.

However, what I have seen in mraskrobot is mastery=haste=crit >hit+exp and hit+exp>haste>other stats.

can someone give me a better answer as to which path to choose?

Revered

Re: Reforge

Postby Qbear » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Uh oh someone made a reforging post!!!! ::The alarms all go off, the spotlights hit the ground, the windows and doors all close up tight THERE IS NO ESCAPE!::

Nah but in all seriousness you'll never get a definite answer. There are thought processes about what over takes what and at what gear level this happens but in all seriousness reforging is where you gain the smallest dps increase out of everything you see on your toons armory.

Here's probably the most recent reforge post that actually has some good honest feedback on what your having questions about viewtopic.php?f=3&t=432

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:34 pm

Here is some extra research material you can use: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592641963

Postby Aratama » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:49 am

If you are using askmrrobot you need to be aware that you may have to edit the values yourself depending on gear level, meaning if you are not yet full 378 inclucing trinkets that can be around 372 Mastery scales higher so naturally the prio would be Agi > hit/exp soft cap> mastery > haste=crit , if in 378 with 372 trinkets haste becomes a higher valued stat over mastery due to 2set bonus, energy regen etc.
Haste value will then be , Agi >hit/exp soft cap > Haste > mastery=crit (note that this is only if you have t12x2 set bonus and if you still have t11x2 for the rake then don't even think about converting into haste at all before you have gotten the 2 last tier to replace that set bonus cause its that good with mastery) .

Though I've found that you can also do a manual config to balance out the stats this way agi > hit/exp > Haste=mastery=crit, the reason why I have it that way is because I have full 378 but lacking the trinkets to go fully over to the haste build.

The values I have is pretty much as it is with "favour hit/exp" with minor tweaks to value by upping haste/crit/mastery to 1.27, this is my current preference and how I want to build it currently with my gear level.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:56 am

Aratama wrote:If you are using askmrrobot you need to be aware that you may have to edit the values yourself depending on gear level, meaning if you are not yet full 378 inclucing trinkets that can be around 372 Mastery scales higher so naturally the prio would be Agi > hit/exp soft cap> mastery > haste=crit , if in 378 with 372 trinkets haste becomes a higher valued stat over mastery due to 2set bonus, energy regen etc.
Haste value will then be , Agi >hit/exp soft cap > Haste > mastery=crit (note that this is only if you have t12x2 set bonus and if you still have t11x2 for the rake then don't even think about converting into haste at all before you have gotten the 2 last tier to replace that set bonus cause its that good with mastery) .

Though I've found that you can also do a manual config to balance out the stats this way agi > hit/exp > Haste=mastery=crit, the reason why I have it that way is because I have full 378 but lacking the trinkets to go fully over to the haste build.

The values I have is pretty much as it is with "favour hit/exp" with minor tweaks to value by upping haste/crit/mastery to 1.27, this is my current preference and how I want to build it currently with my gear level.

Haste is situational, if you are not on a Patchwerk fight, even with T12 2PC, Haste loses a lot of value.

Postby Aratama » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:50 am

I agree though most of the fights you are on targets still but at a lesser activity:) , mastery still holds a high value that's for sure but it's not as great as it used to be before the small nerf :) .

Edit: There are several ways to compensate for it by weighting mastery and haste at the same level and get a certain balance between the two. Either way you want 11energy regen for the extra abilities during berserk, any beyond that is not a total waste but not needed.

Postby newferal » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:31 pm

So it is. Hit/Expertise Cap. Haste till 11 energy regen, reforge rest (haste, crit, hit, etc) into mastery?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:36 pm

That is one option. There really is not right answer here. If you want to go with the above option it will work....just like most other options.

Honored

Postby Floofles » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:00 pm

Aratama wrote:Edit: There are several ways to compensate for it by weighting mastery and haste at the same level and get a certain balance between the two. Either way you want 11energy regen for the extra abilities during berserk, any beyond that is not a total waste but not needed.

Er.

What?

Postby Aratama » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:47 pm

What I wrote is simple, stack haste until energy regen says 11 energy regen in cat form which should mean about 11% haste, after that I'd say mastery is by far better regardless with 378 gear.
Regardless though any excessive haste is not bad by far, now you may ask "why do you rate haste lower than mastery?" well its simple and has been answered on several topics/posts here on "kitty dps" forum. You will never have a perfect patchwerk fight where you are on the boss target 24/7 and therefor haste has lower value moving it down to same value as crit and mastery up to what it used to be before rip nerf were mastery then lost its higher value.
Like a lot of kitty players has been saying this is of course a matter of preference.

But like most I suggest mastery as it gives a bigger margin for doing an error and not as punishing as full out haste.

Honored

Postby Floofles » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:07 am

Er.

What?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:01 am

Aratama wrote:What I wrote is simple, stack haste until energy regen says 11 energy regen in cat form which should mean about 11% haste, after that I'd say mastery is by far better regardless with 378 gear.
Regardless though any excessive haste is not bad by far, now you may ask "why do you rate haste lower than mastery?" well its simple and has been answered on several topics/posts here on "kitty dps" forum. You will never have a perfect patchwerk fight where you are on the boss target 24/7 and therefor haste has lower value moving it down to same value as crit and mastery up to what it used to be before rip nerf were mastery then lost its higher value.
Like a lot of kitty players has been saying this is of course a matter of preference.
But like most I suggest mastery as it gives a bigger margin for doing an error and not as punishing as full out haste.

Any reason you picked 11 energy a second for this? It really doesn't matter you know. If you want to favor Haste, then favor Haste. Don't just pick some arbitrary "limit". It only causes confusion.

Return to Kitty DPS