Register

Should ilvl take precedence over 2pc vs 4pc ?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Should ilvl take precedence over 2pc vs 4pc ?

Postby CrazyCatLady » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:35 am

My apologies if this question should be posted in an existing thread. I'm currently using H tier chest and normal tier shoulders with HWF Immerseus helm, HWF Norushen gloves and HWF Shamans legs.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... e/advanced

I have normal tier helm, gloves and legs available. I have WF AoC, do not have TED trinket in any form; working on getting H RoR.

Catus is telling me my current set up sims higher than using 4pc in any configuration of tier piece with HWF OS piece. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong with Catus configuration?

Also, considering I only have normal 530 RoR, should I be gemming red still? Catus suggested yellow would be higher but I'm not a perfect player and not great at tracking and optimizing trinket procs and bleed strengths. The other feral I raid with usually gets Tricks from our rogue and I'm usually able to keep up with their dps on most fights but fail miserably on others.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Exalted

Re: Should ilvl take precedence over 2pc vs 4pc ?

Postby raffy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:49 pm

If the question is: [580]x3 + ([561]+[574] 2pc) vs. Offset (no bonuses), the 2pc (with only 1 item of gear changing) makes that [561] equivalent to a [580]-offset on a single-target. For AoE, the 2pc is pretty good for Swipe. (I made a duplicate profile, changed your shoulders to one of the offset shoulders, and cranked the ilvl up until Quick Compare said they were equal.)

I don't think it's possible -- even with ideal 4pc usage -- for the 4pc with a bunch of [561]'s to beat your [580] setup. Additionally, Catus doesn't not like the 4pc since it mostly results in increased FB damage (even though in-game it's a nice QoL improvement.)

I believe your current setup is correct given the gear you have. Personally I'd hit/exp-cap, but that's just my preference. The choice of Red/Yellow doesn't really matter (you do have +480 Crit gem which should probably be +360 Agi) -- Yellow should be better (especially if you get a higher ilvl Rune.)

Postby CrazyCatLady » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Raffy. The question wasn't between 2pc vs all offset with no set bonuses. I was worried about dropping the 4pc with 1 HWF (probably the legs) in favor of what I'm wearing now, 2pc with all 3 of the HWF pieces. Looks like you answered my question though so I'll be keeping my current set up for now until I get more heroic tier.

Yes, personally I'd also like to be closer to hit/exp caps. I'm using "Near" for both hit/exp drop boxes. Should I use "At most" or "At least" to get closer to the caps? Range is set to 250; should I change that? I'll play around with the settings and see what happens.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:03 pm

"At least" will always cap you.

Return to Kitty DPS