Register

New poster, help with bleed strength please.

Face-rippin fun.

New poster, help with bleed strength please.

Postby Nymz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:00 pm

My question is on an add on I started using a week or so ago, it's a bleed timer. My question is, when I am in raid or out questing, you'll see I have a weakaura for Rake/Rip and there is a bleed tracker aura above that I got off FluidDruid. So in the picture http://imgur.com/hOipM0n you can see I have a green 144 over Rake and a green 190 over Rip, these are the corresponding bleed strengths for each one, I just threw the #'s over the aura. Does that mean that a new Rake will be 44% stronger? Because there is a lot of times that the #'s will go red and that is right when Rake is about to fall off, 2 seconds remaining and it is a red 85. Do I wait for Rake to fall off then? Do I re apply it before it falls off?
http://imgur.com/fMez8fD that one has a grey 100 over Rake, so that is neutral I assume? Anything over is positive obviously and under is negative.

So all in all, I am wondering, when it is red and I have a few seconds left on either, and nothing to proc to up the bleed, should I re apply or wait for it to fall off. Wouldn't falling off be bad as it would hurt uptime, but would waiting 2 sec with no bleed on be better than resuming a weak red bleed? Sorry if this is confusing, it's a little confusing on my end. Also on the bottom pic, you can see that my Droodfocus Rake is green, my Rip bleed strength is green (190) but it is showing red dot on Droodfocus for Rip.

Armory for reference http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... mzz/simple

Here is the Imgurs if you don't want to follow the links.

Thanks

Revered

Re: New poster, help with bleed strength please.

Postby Steakbomb » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Im pretty sure I understand what you are asking here.

Im assuming you are using Stenhaldi's WA script for bleed strength which is awesome(Thanks Sten!)

The colors of the strength always calculate what your CURRENT Bleed is at vs what a NEW bleed would be at.
Red = Current Bleed Stronger
Grey = Basically the same strength
Green = New bleed would be stronger.
These numbers change constantly so you have to be careful if you have a proc about to expire.
These numbers are also percentage based so if you have a Green 120 on your screen for Rake than that means a NEW Rake would be 20% stronger than your CURRENT Rake.

On RIP the number is a bit different. The Percentage is the same BUT the RIP number ALWAYS assumes 5 Combo Points. So if you are at 3 CP and you get a good proc up then that number will go up and might be better than what you have up BUT you only want to overwrite that Rip if you are at 5 CP. Each CP correlates to about 24% stonger bleed if I remember correctly.

Now as far as DroodFocus dots on the icons. DroodFocus bases its bleed strength on CURRENT Combo Points. So that's why in the 2nd SS you have a Green Rip WA Ratio but your DroodFocus dot is Red. At the time of the SS you only have 2 Combo Points so a NEW bleed would not be stronger.

My suggestion is to avoid DroodFocus Bleed Strengths as they are calculated very differently and not updated as quickly. Since you are using the WeakAuras Bleed Ratios, they are updated every frame I believe so they are more accurate. Just remember that with RIP, Sten's ratio's always assume 5 CP's.

Hope that helps a bit.

Postby Nymz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:44 pm

That was very helpful Steakbomb, I appreciate the quick response, I had this same question up on the wow druid forums for a day or so now. I still have a question or two dealing with re applys.

So for one let's say Rake is about to drop in 3 seconds, but the WA ratio is a red 85, do I wait that out or after that weak Rake expires , apply a new fresh one. (Although looking over what you said, even if it drops that Rake I apply fresh would still be at 85? Also if I have the energy, and say Rake pops up to 180 but it has over half it's duration left, still re apply that new stronger Rake?

It's the same with Rip, if it is about to expire , I'm at 5CP and it's in the red, what should I do?

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:13 pm

If a Bleed is about to fall, deff apply another bleed to the target. Even if it will be a bit weaker. You can always overwrite a Rake/Thrash quickly if a trinket procs.

With Rip, personally I find it best to wait until the last second to apply a weaker Rip just incase a trinket procs at the last moment.

Anytime you can apply a stronger bleed, always do so. Something like 60% maybe more of our damage is Rip/Rake/Thrash so you always want the strongest bleed on the target.

If your ratio says 85 and you apply a new bleed, it will reset back to 100. The ratio always says the strength of a new bleed vs your current bleed. So if you have a Rake at 85 and apply a new Rake it will go to 100 as another new Rake would be the same strength. But if you apply a Rake and then 2 seconds later a trinket procs, it's going to show a higher number like say 120 or something as another new Rake would be stronger than the 1 you just applied. A lot of our time DPSing is spent watching procs, bleeds, and planning.

You never want to NOT have all your Bleeds on the boss, you want as much uptime on Rip,Rake, and Thrash as possible. Sometimes you are going to have to apply a weaker bleed to the target because your bleed is expiring. Another time you would want to apply a weaker bleed is if there is downtime on the boss. If you need to apply a weaker bleed to the target, it won't be hard to get a stronger bleed up soon.

Return to Kitty DPS