Register

Making the most of TED

Face-rippin fun.

Making the most of TED

Postby Neverpullout » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Hello TFD,

I just got a HWF TED last night and decided I would pick it up. I've seen some good parses using this trinket. I have yet to use it at all on a fight but I already know it's going to take some getting used to, to make the most of the proc since the proc is reverse of what would be optimal for us ferals. Just looking to get a few pointers in regards to capitalizing on the proc. I'm having trouble finding a place with info in ICD and the reliability of tracking when this thing will proc. There may be some info on here already on this but my searches have come up short. I did see the post on switching the opener to make the most of TED, but not much from that point on.

Thanks in advance!

-Never

Honored

Re: Making the most of TED

Postby Paloro » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:33 pm

TED is on RPPM so you won't be able to track the ICD. All you need is to sit on your cp's and be lightning fast at refreshing bleeds when it does proc.

Postby Jimbizzle » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:26 pm

How do you make the most of it in the opener when you know that it's going to proc but you're not going to be able to get a DoC, TF, RoRo & TED Rip + Rake?

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Jimbizzle wrote:How do you make the most of it in the opener when you know that it's going to proc but you're not going to be able to get a DoC, TF, RoRo & TED Rip + Rake?

By using the Advanced Opener if you're into that kind of stuff (and have a tank without down's syndrome).

Postby Jimbizzle » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:33 am

I am definitely into this kind of stuff and I'm nursing a semi just thinking about it haha

Postby iamcat » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:32 am

you can indeed make an opener getting up a 18 stack ted doc tf rune rip in the opener by using TF and savage roar to get 3 cps right as the tank pulls, then ravage for 100% primal fury proc and using rip on your 2nd gcd. you will want to instantly healing touch and get a doc rake up after that aswell as a thrash, then shred away.

basically your playstyle is much more reliant on good rng on the procs. you want to spend as much time of your rotation as possible sitting at 5cps and doc while waiting for trinket procs. if you cannot reliably get a rip in 4 seconds after getting a ted proc, haromm will have been the better trinket choice

its a lot to ask and for the most part its not up to the player to get rips with ted stacks, but up to the trinket to proc. all you can do is better your odds by as i said spend as much time as you can waiting with a 5 cp doc rip

Postby Neverpullout » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:54 pm

So I got some time in with this trinket on HM paragons. The opener is becoming 2nd nature now which is good. I definitely messed it up more than a few times before I got it, its that damn finger memory.

Anyways. I can see what you are saying about pooling more and sitting at higher stacks. This trinket seems to not like my other trinkets and wants to pop by itself when nothing else is up. It is definitely going to take a bit of getting used too and I am not sure if I like it all that much yet. The initial damage output when everything procs on the opener is pretty insane but I feel it falls off A LOT after that, unless you get some lucky procs. My HWF AoC and Rune seemed to proc together on a fairly regular basis, but getting TED to line up with rune hasn't looked to promising thusfar. Oh well. I'm going to keep at it for another week or 2 and see how comfortable I get with it and see what I can do.

Thanks for all the responses guys, it has helped a lot.

-Never

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:43 pm

TED is really bad for any fights with lots of target swapping like Paragons (Spoils, Blackfuse belt, Galakras, Protectors, Immerseus, Nazgrim). You only get one big opener on the first guy, and none of their BitW phases last long enough to mean anything if you get really good timing. This trinket is really for long single target fights. If you want the most out of the trinket use it on the single target fights like Sha, Norushen, Iron juggernaut, Shaman, Malkorok.

Postby Neverpullout » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Tinder-
I have noticed that as well. On those tank n spank single target fight I have seen a decent increase in overall DPS and a significant boost in my peaks throughout the fight.

My question now to you guys would be. For those of you that use TED, do you reforge every-other fight to make use of this trinket? Do you have an extra set of gear already gemmed for each trinket set?

I have a few extra heroic tier pieces I'm thinking I could gem in a way to only switch out a few things and still be 1:1:1.

Thanks again!
-Never

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Assuming your other trinkets have no secondaries, I would reforge 1:1:1 w/o TED equipped, and then just keep TED's Mastery reforged to Crit. There's nothing wrong with a sloppy reforge as long as Mastery is highest. I'd personally go crazy if I reforged every time I wanted to play with the TED.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:29 am

I just run TED 1:1:1 for every fight. Maybe not a good idea progressing on certain fights though.

Return to Kitty DPS