Register

simcraft 5.4.2 adv rotation ?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

simcraft 5.4.2 adv rotation ?

Postby bacevicius » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Ok , I don't wanna sound dumb, but I use catus for simming , trinks, reforging, etc and I am wondering how the hell they have such a huge sim difference for cat dps for t16 with the same talents same gear , and one has marked 'adv_rotation' I cant figure out what exactly is that, since both are DOC and Treants. anyone know ?

Exalted

Re: simcraft 5.4.2 adv rotation ?

Postby raffy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:28 am

Can you show me what you sim'd? I find Catus to be pretty good at reproducing the expected DPS distribution (compared to real fight data) for fights that can be accurately simulated. Additionally, Catus has been matched against Simc multiple times in the past; Aggixx and I spend a lot of time syncing them up.

Postby istanu » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:30 pm

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Do you mean SimulationCraft gives you very different results from that of Catus?
If you check the text of SimulationCraft script, there is a line says
Code: Select all
# By default the simulation will use the "Basic" action list, if you would like to instead use the Advanced" action list do so here.
actions=swap_action_list,name=Basic

You have to change "Basic" (which is the default case in SimulationCraft) into Advanced in order to get same results as Catus.

Postby iamcat » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:38 pm

i think he wonders what exactly is the difference between the advanced and the basic

Honored

Postby bacevicius » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Yes I want to know the diff between adv and basic , with all the talents gear the same how is it simming basic compared to adv.. my catus dps is almost one par depending on procs with 567 talismans and TED. but DOC ont the other hand which i cant use unless its patchwerk . its now where near the extra 15 to 17k mmore dps it suggesst, HOTW is almost always exact or higher.. but i really just wanted to know how the sim basic vs adv works with identical gear and talents ??

Honored

Postby Zstriker » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:08 pm

`advanced rotation` is using RoR+DoC , I assume

Postby Jimbizzle » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:05 pm

Advanced Rotation is Using TED and RoRo (Ticking Ebon Detonator) Said Trinket, and And this opener.

What these do is allow you to essentially gain the maximum possible rip on each opener. Normally we don't open like this, hence why it's known as the "advanced" rotation. Hope this clears things up.

Postby iamcat » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:58 pm

on simc frontpage both feral simulations uses 549 roro and 580 haromm. theres no ted in neither. also, everyone using a ted is using the "advanced" opener. dont really agree that its advanced but sure i get that its different

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Advanced Rotation use more snapshot clip.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:11 am

scorpio0920 wrote:Advanced Rotation use more snapshot clip.

This is probably the closest thing.

Essentially, the "basic" rotation is supposed to represent a player who has the fundamentals of the spec nailed: solid uptimes on SR/Rip/Rake, tight cooldown usage, minimal energy and CP waste, etc. If you're a newer or maybe more casual feral, it's a good idea to simulate using this list if you want results that will be more accurate for you specifically.

The "advanced" rotation is more or less the highest possible DPS action list that we've been able to come up with and is analogous to Catus' default action list. It uses all of the concepts in the basic action list in addition to a strong understanding of bleed clipping and otherwise snapshotting abuse. This is in contrast to the basic list which only does this for Rake (required for some trinket interactions), and for Rip when the target is below 25%.

There may also be some smaller differences I'm forgetting but that's the gist of it.

Return to Kitty DPS