Register

DPS Addon - Badkitty?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

DPS Addon - Badkitty?

Postby Shadowarriorx » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:20 am

Hello,

So I have been a WoW player for 6 years now, and during Wrath I have started playing a druid (mostly to heal). I'm moving toward a feral spec to use as my main one, but as I start getting back into the raiding scene, I'm looking at how to max my dps and recommend addons that give the info I need on screen.

Currently, I use BadKitty, which is basically a monitor of my buffs & bleeds on the target and the time until they fall off.

Any suggestions about what to use would be appreciated.

Re: DPS Addon - Badkitty?

Postby Maengorn » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Shadowarriorx wrote:Hello,

So I have been a WoW player for 6 years now, and during Wrath I have started playing a druid (mostly to heal). I'm moving toward a feral spec to use as my main one, but as I start getting back into the raiding scene, I'm looking at how to max my dps and recommend addons that give the info I need on screen.

Currently, I use BadKitty, which is basically a monitor of my buffs & bleeds on the target and the time until they fall off.

Any suggestions about what to use would be appreciated.

I currently use BadKitty and weakauraus to track my ICDs and buffs. The only downside ive noticed to BadKitty is that is has a small bug that I've notified the author of but it hasn't been fixed (I told him probably three months ago now) If you use FoN (Force of Nature) the rake that is applied by the treants will be tracked instead of the rake that is applied by you. So it might says that rake is going to fall off in 3 seconds even though your rake has a full duration left. You should be able to track everything necessary with Weak auras. I highly recommend Stenhaldi's script for tracking bleed strength, this will increase your DPS significantly. It can be found here http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4446&p=18611#p18611. Its very easy to use and very effective. Some people like to use an add-on called Droodfocus, I personally didn't like it but I think that's what Tinderhoof uses. It has A LOT of settings and can be a little overwhelming at first and takes some time to set up.
Last edited by Maengorn on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Honored

Postby Elamari » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:46 pm

I've used Badkitty since wrath. I prefer a bar timer over an icon of image our. Badkitty doesn't track bleed strengths though. Couple of other addons you might be interested in are Ovale (move suggester) and drood focus.

Not using either of these myself, but they are popular and come highly recommended. There is a sticky thread about ovale in the forums here. Try them out and let us know what you think.

~Elamari
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Drood Focus is the best all round tracking addon. The setup can be complicated, but it has bar or tile timers, and its own built in customizable auras.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:44 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:Drood Focus is the best all round tracking addon. The setup can be complicated, but it has bar or tile timers, and its own built in customizable auras.

This.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:02 pm

/agree on Drood Focus.

Really customisable and useful once you get the hang of it. I now use it for all my toons and love that I can have icons or bars as well as set audio cues. (Like a tone sounding when my Harmony buff is a few seconds from expiring in my resto spec).

Postby Shadowarriorx » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:35 am

Does Drood Focus monitor the status of bleed strengths? I'll have to try it and Ovale out.

Postby Dargaron » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:59 am

DroodFocus uses three dots to monitor bleed strength, and has a grey/green light to say whether or not using that ability would be applying a stronger DoT.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:57 pm

You have to turn it on, but Drood Focus will actually display %increase/decrease (also color coded) instead of dots.

Postby Textless » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:05 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:You have to turn it on, but Drood Focus will actually display %increase/decrease (also color coded) instead of dots.

It can? Any tips on where to find this? I can't seem to find any options to enable this and would absolutely love it.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Textless wrote:
Tinderhoof wrote:You have to turn it on, but Drood Focus will actually display %increase/decrease (also color coded) instead of dots.

It can? Any tips on where to find this? I can't seem to find any options to enable this and would absolutely love it.

DotPower

Postby Textless » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:23 pm

scorpio0920 wrote:
Textless wrote:

DotPower

Hi, thanks for the help! I don't mean to be a bother but i'm having some trouble locating this feature. Any hints to where i would find it? I can't seem to find a part called DotPower nor can i find it in the spells list options. Any insight would be appreciated, ty.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:44 pm

WoWScrnShot_030314_023748.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030314_023748.jpg (206.99 KiB) Viewed 561 times

Try it.

Return to Kitty DPS