Register

Low simmed dps - help!

Face-rippin fun.

Low simmed dps - help!

Postby Textless » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:14 pm

Hi fellow feral druids, thanks for all the help you guys have given me in my transition to feral.

My guild was kind enough to allow me to switch to feral but I feel like i'm currently letting them and me down. My dps is pretty low, and even my simmed dps is lower than i would like for my ilvl. I'm sitting at like 540 ilvl equipped and simming less dps then my 515 shaman D:.

Can anyone let me know why this is? Do i just need more gear - is that the only answer?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/l ... i/advanced

thanks for any insights <3

Re: Low simmed dps - help!

Postby Neverpullout » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:46 pm

Hey there,

Right off the bat I can tell you your reforge is off. You should really try to get your secondary stats almost even with mastery just a few points higher. Catus is the best resource IMO to make this happen. Also you are over hit cap, if anything be a little under it.

Sims are a good tool but it's really going to be hard to tell you where you can improve damage wise until you link us some logs. All I can focus on right now would be gearing and talents/glyphs.

As far as talents go, 9 times out of 10 you are going to see less dps from HoTW. DoC is almost always the clear winner. If you aren't especially good at playing feral in general yet then hold off on throwing DoC into the mix until you get comfortable with everything else you need to master.

Feral is pretty dependent on certain pieces of gear but so are most classes. Weapon dps is a big one. We scale really well with high ilvl gear because RoRo proc just keep getting more deadly as you stack secondaries. That being said you can still pull respectable dps at your ilvl it will just be a matter of learning to manage bleed strengths, stack your buffs, and timing of fights.

Good luck
-Never

Postby Oblivion » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:00 am

He doesn't have a RoRo (at least on armory, that AoC he just got might've replaced it, but in that case it probably should've replaced the Sigil, no matter what ilvl the RoRo was) so his secondaries shouldn't be equal. Still the reforging is off though, like +400 exp when 600 over cap. Hit seems fine (maybe done reforging in the meanwhile), you should definitely stay at cap and definitely don't go for DoC (and FoN) until you're very comfortable with the spec. Like Never said, try out Catus (or post the config you used for SimC) and if possible post some logs. Some relatively minor things that are wrong though are that you're currently missing a chest enchant and your proffessions are close to useless.

Postby Textless » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Thanks for the help guys! Sorry Oblivion I do have a LFR RoR that i use, I was just playing around with some of my other lfr trinkets to see if theres anything that could manage a higher dps but it seems like the LFR RoR is better than anything else i have. That being said when do i replace that? I know i should be trying to get the heroic RoR since its best in slot or close however does the fact that my RoR is LFR make it not as important? Or is the proc just too powerful?

Thanks for the comments about my reforging/ missing enchants - Will get right on that! Been cycling through gear so much in the past two weeks.

Professions are something that I do need to work on. I need to pick up enchanting, both because I can't live without it and our raid group still doesnt have an enchanter. For my second profession I was thinking possibly engineering or jewel crafting. I think engineering is better - however I'm not sure how well I would manage the glove on use, unless I use cds such as that as soon as they come off CD they usually end up just sitting around and waiting for the perfect conditions - so the passive JC bonus might be more to my advantage. Something that I need to figure out.

Lastly logs, I'll try and grab those for you guys. Our group doesn't have logs, though I think its fairly simple to take them with a couple of different addons? Next time we raid i'll try and grab some logs so you guys can make fun of (help) me. What I'm mainly worried about though is the fact that I am pulling what my DPS is simming to be (130k ish) however thats hopelessly low. I'm sure there are tonnes of places that I can improve but I'm just worried that they wont be that big of an increase.

I don't have my meta (should get it next week) or my cape so I'm hoping getting those will help me catch up with out other dps.

Thanks so much guys, I appreciate all the info.

edit:
Fixed (hopefully) my reforges. If someone could let me know if I messed up that would be great! I ended up dropping a fair amount of mastery for haste - that being said my stats are now more in line. Catus seems to think its right, that being said I'm pretty easily confused by this program so far D:

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:43 pm

#1 most common mistake in Catus is that people forget to setup the rest of the simulator.

Edit: I added an official guide for this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&p=21579#p21579

The easiest way to apply the standard buffs/debuffs/consumables/etc is to click "Use Recommended Settings" under "Encounter Configuration". To avoid the issue all together, you can enable "Noob Mode" under "Internal Features" which locks those settings to their recommended values. I'd still encourage you to look over the options under "Group Buffs", "Debuffs", "Temporary Effects", "Consumables", and "Combat Preparation":

For instance: if I just import you as-is into a blank Catus configuration and hit simulate, I get ~148K DPS (similar to the Simc, probably higher since you now have a Rune equipped.) If I then click follow the instructions above (and click "Use Recommended Settings" or activate "Noob Mode"), the same gear does ~211K DPS.

Note: you need to be careful with Herbalism and Rune:
Code: Select all
00:03.138 +Tiger's Fury: +60 (31 > 91)
00:03.138 +Feral Rage
00:03.138 +Berserk
00:03.138 +Lifeblood
00:03.138 @Boss   +Rip`5+SR+TF+Agi(18321)
00:03.138 +PS`5
00:03.138 -Feral Rage
00:03.138 @Boss   Combo: 3 (+3/3)
00:03.140 @Boss   Melee                               30394 Hit          +SR+TF+Agi(18321)
00:03.882 @Boss   Melee                               60733 Crit         +SR+TF+Agi(18321)
00:03.882 ~Dancing Steel: +1650 Agility
00:04.145 @Boss   Clipped: Rake: +15.00% [5]         125891 Before       +SR+Agi(18321)
00:04.145 @Boss                                      144774 After        +SR+TF+Agi(18321)
00:04.145 @Boss   Rake                                96224 Hit          +SR+TF+Agi(18321)
00:04.145 @Boss   Combo: 4 (+1/1)
00:11.264 @Boss   Ferocious Bite`5                   525204 Crit         +SR+Agi(18321)+100%
00:11.264 +Rune of Re-Origination<502>: -6742 Mastery, -6583 Crit, +26650 Haste <========= haste proc!
00:11.264 @Boss   Stormlash#Ferocious Bite`5         116958 Hit          +Agi(18321)

You can disable Lifeblood under "Temporary Effects."

Postby Neverpullout » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:22 pm

I'll be on later today if you want to add me on real id we can group up for a bit before my raid and I'll share with you what I know =p Neverpulout#1960

-Never

Postby Textless » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:31 pm

Thanks for the information on catus, its a little overwhelming at first and i appreciate it. Is the "noob mode" an obtainable dps by me? or a little higher then that? I'm just curious what I should be shooting for if that makes sense. I'm not sure how much of my dps is just me sucking or my gear/class etc.

I also did add you! i'm traveling tonight, so hopefully i'm around at the right time.

thanks guys!

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:18 am

Textless wrote:Is the "noob mode" an obtainable dps by me?

Although I'm not knowledgable about the feature specifically, I believe raffy meant that it's a mode for people new to using catus as it sets some of the options for you, it shouldn't effect the output DPS outside of that.

If you did what raffy said you should be getting something like the 211k number he posted. For the most part, that's the best possible DPS you can do in your gear given the circumstances it's using, if you're pulling that on a single target you're doing fantastic. Even if you're a little below it you're still doing very good.

211k is achievable so you can totally shoot for that, just don't expect it to be easy! Also keep in mind it's an average, even if you play as well or better than the simulator you're not always going to beat that number (and sometimes you can wreck it).

Postby Textless » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:27 pm

aggixx wrote:
Textless wrote:Is the "noob mode" an obtainable dps by me?

211k is achievable so you can totally shoot for that, just don't expect it to be easy! Also keep in mind it's an average, even if you play as well or better than the simulator you're not always going to beat that number (and sometimes you can wreck it).

Thanks for the info. Mostly what I use sims for right now is figuring out how badly i'm messing up (because I know i am). Its nice to know what you SHOULD be pulling and then aim towards that. However i've learned from the difference between maximum dps and realistic dps so I don't want to set my goal too hight! :)

Return to Kitty DPS