Register

SotF vs FON (WOL parses)

Face-rippin fun.

SotF vs FON (WOL parses)

Postby Oronare » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:29 pm

So Ive been using FON most of Siege, especially since I have a Rune, and they tend to do around 3-4% of damage depending on trinket procs etc but most if not all of the top parses on WOL I've seen are all using sotf. Perhaps It's just because I'm now used to the trees and have made WeakAuras and stuff to monitor them that I can actually use them properly and other Ferals just don't want to deal with extra complexity....or is sotf just better still?

I was under the impression that if you know how to use them, FON was a considerable DPS boost over it.

cheers.

Honored

Re: SotF vs FON (WOL parses)

Postby Cetlysm » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:22 pm

Most of the time FoN ends up biting you back in the ass even if you play perfect, at some point a rune is gonna proc and you won't have the energy to deal with it, it will happen no matter how good you pool, and treants won't compensate for that loss.
SotF is more "stable" and mistake friendly, plus the only option when it comes to aoe or bleedcleave.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:02 pm

Oronare wrote:I was under the impression that if you know how to use them, FON was a considerable DPS boost over it.

I wouldn't call it considerable, but in most situations it is better. Its small enough that you're not going to be able to notice the difference in practice.

As to why most top parses are SotF, your guess is as good as mine. Not wanting to deal with complexity for negligible gains is probably most of it.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:04 pm

When you start to have luck as bad as mine, or when you need to be using AoC (which I have to for Garrosh) there is a decent chance that you will see 0 gain with the trees. Same issue as many of our possible DPS options. It may have a higher celling, but it also has a lower floor if things don't go your way. SotF is more consistent.

Honored

Postby Helistar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:21 am

I tend to use FoN (reverting to SotF at times), since I find that I already have enough energy and CP, but it's true that it's easy to forget about it for a moment and cap at 3 charges, which is BAD.
The upside of the treants is some more burst damage and DPS from distance. I like them on Thok where I can get procs on the add and then send the treants to the boss, and they add some burst on Siegecrafter's belts (contrary to what I read on the related thread here, they work fine on the weapons).

Return to Kitty DPS