Register

Catus reforging/gemming halp >.<

Face-rippin fun.

Catus reforging/gemming halp >.<

Postby Oronare » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:54 pm

So, I'm trying to get used to Catus but reforging with rune is being a bit weird lately, i think I need to change up some gems or enchants to make it optimal.

Can anyone give me a hand and see if they got anythign different to my current reforges?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... u/advanced

Can't really help the expertise being over because of the stupid gear that's been dropping. I tried clearing my gems in catus and autogemming, but it fills them all with agi + mastery which is wrong I think. I tried to regem thing in the reforge section, it told me to basically go full haste, gained me like 9k on the rune proc, but I lose 2k Agility so is it worth it?

EDIT: I reforged/regemmed so that I've gained about 9k mastery on the proc, lost 2k agility, but now doing sims in catus, my OLD reforge sims (full agi gems in red etc but only 34k mastery proc not 43k mastery proc) at being around 5k dps higher than the new reforge, which seems really odd. Halp >.<

cheers.

Exalted

Re: Catus reforging/gemming halp >.<

Postby aggixx » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:46 pm

Use the regem option in the Rune Reforge area and try both the red and yellow options, use whichever one sims out higher. Check out this guide if you need specifics on how to do that: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&start=900#p21580

PS: Your armory link doesn't work.

Postby Oronare » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:56 pm

Ah, woops.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... u/advanced hopefully this works.

I tried both red and yellow, and this is what it gave me, however I read somewhere on here that if people use agi/secondary gems they "don't know what they're doing, or have too much expertise" I'm guessing because of my Bracers and Weapon that I have too much expertise so this is why Catus told me to gem Agi+Haste.

Seems to sim the most either way, higher than pure agi or 320 haste in all the yellows which was the other option.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:05 am

Yeah that was me that posted that =P. When I say "too much" I just mean too much to be able to gem exp/secondary in all those sockets without overcapping, which is quite common. Getting a Malkorok weapon will definitely allow you swap a lot of those agi oranges for exp oranges which is a small gain by itself.

Looks like you're set then!

Postby Oronare » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:51 am

aggixx wrote:Yeah that was me that posted that =P. When I say "too much" I just mean too much to be able to gem exp/secondary in all those sockets without overcapping, which is quite common. Getting a Malkorok weapon will definitely allow you swap a lot of those agi oranges for exp oranges which is a small gain by itself.

Looks like you're set then!

Yeah, the worst thing is I even had the HC WF expertise boots, so I was about 2% over the exp cap with all of my exp reforged already, no way I could gem it xD Hopefully the Malkorok weapon will drop soon, not getting too lucky so far.

cheers.

Return to Kitty DPS