Register

Macro for DOC HT and Keybind suggestion

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Macro for DOC HT and Keybind suggestion

Postby bacevicius » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:50 am

Hey guys , I have found that theres no way in hell im gonna worry about 4-5k dps with the FON , its complext enough already, So I use HOTW/DOC dep on fight. I want to know is there a macro or addon that will work If i wanted to use the HT without making anouther key for it , i already have full binds without moving around and stretching myh hand and hitting wrong shit . thanks

Revered

Re: Macro for DOC HT and Keybind suggestion

Postby Alpheus » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:42 am

bacevicius wrote:Hey guys , I have found that theres no way in hell im gonna worry about 4-5k dps with the FON , its complext enough already, So I use HOTW/DOC dep on fight. I want to know is there a macro or addon that will work If i wanted to use the HT without making anouther key for it , i already have full binds without moving around and stretching myh hand and hitting wrong shit . thanks

That's not really something we can answer, really. You'd still need to use HT explicitly. Question for you then, what keybinds do you currently have that you never use in PvE? If we find one such keybind which triggers a spell that can never be used in cat form then we can macro a catform condition to it for it to cast HT without shifting you out (which should cover 99% of the cases for DoC).

Honored

Postby bacevicius » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:23 am

I have that one im just out of key binds. I use LFB to not be a keyboard turning waste... 12345 for main att. a d f g v f1 f2 f3 f4 for sym etc interrrups. stunds etc . charge on mouse buttons , w I hold when I walk I can hold two mouse things down its dum I have a rzr naga with the keyboard but that's just impossible.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:22 pm

Personally I used MB4 and now I use Naga 5, but I'm not sure anyone can give you a specific suggestion without knowing all your keybinds.

Honored

Postby xahn » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:35 am

I use capslock for healing touch, and I use a macro while in cat of which if I cast HT it doesn't get me out of catform. thats basically it for me

Postby Polihayse » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:10 am

I use the center of the keyboard with my middle finger on 'j' for move forward. 'h' is strafe left and 'k' is strafe right. i use the alt and windows key(i changed it to work like ctrl) to the right of the space bar as modifiers for my abilities. For example, i can press 'y' to cast shred and alt + 'y' to cast mangle. i use the buttons rtyuioflbnm,. on my keyboard to assign abilities to and mousewheel up/down and m4/m5 buttons on my mouse. This adds up to 17 spaces where i can bind things based on stance or modifier. with this setup, i can bind all of my abilities,consumables, engr tinkers, cancelauras, extra action button. i mainly use tyui for damaging abilities, r for def cds, o, l, and m for dps cds, bottom right of my keyboard for utilities. this carries over to every class i play. also, 'g' is target nearest enemy and skull bash, healing touch, and rebirth can be used as mouseovers.

Postby Lynxx » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:41 am

ahh yes and what would that HT macro look like so i dont go out of cat form for those clutch swiftness procs? Was just cussing that earlier today when my rune proc'd and i was trying to squeeze some timers. Got my 4pc just now so i will be checking that out! Woot!

Postby Polihayse » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:56 am

/console autoUnshift 0
/cast Healing Touch
/console autoUnshift 1

Postby Lynxx » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:05 pm

Nice! Thanks Polihayse! I will be using that as soon as I get home. I am macro illiterate. :D

Honored

Postby xahn » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:25 pm

My macro is like this, but I have no idea if there's different between the two or if one is better, but that what I got

Code: Select all
#showtooltip Healing Touch
/run SetCVar("autoUnshift",0)
/cast Healing Touch
/run SetCVar("autoUnshift",1)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:45 pm

Aside from the showtooltip line (which makes the macro tooltip Healing Touch's instead of the name of the macro) they are functionally the same. /run SetCVar(foo) is the same thing as /console, just in script form.

Return to Kitty DPS