Register

Parry Changes? Or am I imagining things?

Face-rippin fun.

Parry Changes? Or am I imagining things?

Postby Kittipaws » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:52 am

Good Morning fellow Kitteh's.

I just recently got my T12 2pc and was on the training dummy, and it seems that I'm parrying more than i was before the latest patch. I'm only going off my recount and ovale mind you as I do not have WWS installed or anything due to the patch messing up my wow and making me re d/l the game. I thought it was just a hotfix patch?

On the training dummy i had 14 melee parries, 3 FB parries, Furious swipes even had a parry, Rake had 2 and mangle had 1. I have never seen this many parries before. fight lenght was just over 4 minutes.

I am using the hit / exp cap, and i have pretty good gear as we clear rag every week in 10 but have yet to down him in 25. We bascially get all bosses down up to Domo in one night and leave the rest of the week for Rag.

Here is my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/h ... s/advanced

I guess i'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this as well? It just seems a bit extreme the amount of parries in that fight. I did not notice this much on our Tuesday raid but i was not in for all the boss fights and we just had a herp derp night with a few new people as well that raid.

BTW, I just want to say I absolutely adore the site, and have been lurking around for a while. :) Please keep up the great work you all are doing, I know I appreciate it very much!

/tacklehugs
Kittipaws
Hellscream - US

Honored

Re: Parry Changes? Or am I imagining things?

Postby Laurind » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:19 am

I was feeling that also (asi bear and cat), being exp capped, and 4% hit

But it's just a feeling, don't have numbers to back it up

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:42 am

First of all, how in the world are you getting parried by a training dummy? It's the 1 target that you NEVER have to worry about positioning on, since there are no mechanics stopping you from getting behind it.

Second, unless your guild uses a stacking strat on Heroic Ragnaros to make the healers happy, there are no fights this tier that don't allow you to Shred. If your guild isn't making you stack, you should be on the other half of the platform where you can Shred quite easily.

Postby Kittipaws » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:57 am

Konungr thats is exactly why i posted..i was like what the heck??

usually to start my fight i pop FFF then feral charge in, ravage, and do my normal thing. Being that this was the test dummy and I was most definately behind my target i was confused as heck.

I even tried adjusting my melee range from max to min and i still have to hit abilities more than once for them to go off. Thus you can see my utter confusion!

Everytime i get gear I always have a habit of hitting the test dummies and i'm fairly certain i never noticed this before.

And we are not on H Rag anytime soon. We are not doing heroics yet until we get him down on 25N.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:39 am

Just hopped on the Raider's Training Dummy in Stormwind, no Parries, Misses, or Dodges.

Edit: Are you sure they were Parries? If you aren't fully Exp/Hit capped you can still get Dodged and Misses from behind.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:40 pm

I have experienced parries on training dummies. They do twirl around. However, it only happens when someone else is attacking the dummy with me. You are not imagining things...

Postby Kittipaws » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:38 pm

Well thats what my recount showed me :( But like i said its a fresh install of my os wow etc. i Had to reinstall wow as the 50meg patch corrupted my game and made it re d/l 10gigs..so all i have atm to go off was recount for a log

Even with out looking at the recount log, ovale was telling me when i did my FB that it needed to be hit again. and i watched the debuffs on the dummy to see if mangle etc was getting put on and sure enough i had to hit those again as they did not apply the first time.

Sooo i dunno lol. Hubby is going to come home and test it with me. It was fairly early in the morning today and no one was in SW. I was the only person on that dummy. I can try switchign Raider dummies and see if that makes a difference.

I was just surpised that it seemed to be occuring more today than i have seen previous to this week, so was just wondering if something was changed with boss dummies etc.

Postby elyaani » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:53 am

I was getting parried constantly tonight as well, whereas I never have the problem.

Full hit/exp capped

Edit: While in shred position on Rag and Majordomo

Postby Kittipaws » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:50 am

So last nights raid on Baleroc i did notice it a few times but much less than the target dummy. As for Rag, it seemed normal, and he is always turning to cast so you will occasionally not have a shred go off. And I finally decided to try and find the "sweet spot" on Domo, i was the only melee not afraid to do it..lol We're kinda scared of our RL if we mess up lol.

But yeah. it seems its just the dummies that are parrying more than they were. I cannot check our WWS for last night as whoever u/l put up a bad copy. its missing the kills for baleroc and only has the wipes. (taking new ppl who have not watched videos and kill us on shards is not fun imo).

I'm just glad my dmg done is goign up..i actually beat our dk on domo..woot!

Return to Kitty DPS